Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My TeamSpeak account Recovery Key is invalid

So i made a my teamspeak account, probably the worst thing i've done in a while. So i logged in on my phone after making it and then it came up with Recovery key as the heading and then it was asking me to enter the recovery key, So i did then after i entered it hit apply and waited it came up Invalid recovery key!!!! But it is the exact key that i was given from the beginning. So now i logged out of my teamspeak on my PC and lost everything that was saved and i have nothing. How do i get my data back and why does it keep saying that my recovery key is invalid!!!! When i enter the exact one i was given, i've copied and pasted it typed it.
    Regards
    John
    P.S If you need anything else to fix this message please ask i need to get it sorted.

Attachment 16575

Did this happen on iOS or Android?

The case that you get a key only (should) when you never logged in with a client before or when you did reset (not manually) your password on the website. In worst case your account did break in our database but I doubt that, because you where logged in on pc and would had problems already.

There is no other explainable reason that you login and get a new key.
    More suspicious is the fact that you get asked for the key after the key was generated. Are you sure you never did reset your password?

So you used your account on pc already and got a key there.
    Please try to use this key and not the one you got on your phone.

important
    When you used the fallback feature then nothing can get recovered!
    Last edited by dante696; March 26th, 2018 at 03:35 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

So it was on IOS This happend on. But I got the key on my pc when I first made my account I made sure to save it and keep it in multiple places so that I would always have it. Thatís the key Iíve tried entering when Iíve been asked to do so On my phone once Iíve logged in. But the funny part is that key is invalid. I have changed my password once through the TeamSpeak on my PC after trying to enter the key multiple times and it being invalid I did this in the hopes I get a new one.
    Thanks for replying

Read the lastest post. ( Sorry not sure if i replied the right way)
    Last edited by dante696; April 2nd, 2018 at 11:43 PM. Reason: merged

I tried my new recovery key and it did not work, I tried the old one and it also did not work
    Last edited by dante696; August 16th, 2018 at 01:13 PM. Reason: moved to right thread

Recovery key (I have mine) But..

So today i started getting promted to provide mine recovery key, and yes ive changed password since i started using ts. But i have the recovery key saved.

Problem is, when i input it into the required field, nothing happens. Not even a red failure message. Everything else works, so. What is the problem?
    Last edited by dante696; August 16th, 2018 at 01:11 PM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOfSouls View Post
    I tried my new recovery key and it did not work, I tried the old one and it also did not work
    When you own a new key then the old one will never work. There only can be on encryption key at the same time.

Are you sure the new one is still valid you havn't reset the password in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Marthiiina View Post
    So today i started getting promted to provide mine recovery key, and yes ive changed password since i started using ts. But i have the recovery key saved.

Problem is, when i input it into the required field, nothing happens. Not even a red failure message. Everything else works, so. What is the problem?
    There must be at least a red or green messaged telling you if the key was accepted or denied.
    Nothing is like you did not press the OK button or the client could not talk to myTeamSpeak.
    Have you retried it?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

after the new ts client update, I started having problems with myteamspeak account synchronization. In android, as I had the online login, I requested a new recovery key. The problem is that the key does not work, neither the new nor the old ones

Just trying to understand. Why is the client asking fo the key when you only had problems with sync?
    In general the key is only needed when the password was reset (not changed) and not when sync does not work a badge was added to the account.

Will try this with Android when i'm back at the office tomorrow.

I have my recovery key ( the one i got the first time) But...

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    There must be at least a red or green messaged telling you if the key was accepted or denied.
    Nothing is like you did not press the OK button or the client could not talk to myTeamSpeak.
    Have you retried it?
    Yes i retried, several times. I even logged in and out, also restarted teamspeak. Nothing happens. Which is kind of annoying, since i cant request a new one because ive reset my password.

(EDIT): I could actually ask for a new Recovery key today (?). But that one doesn't work either. Nothing happens when i try to submit it. You can see the animation of the button being pressed. But it doesn't work.

I get neither a red nor green message.

If i remove a piece of the recovery key and press okay, i get the red error message.
    But if i put the whole recovery key in there and press okay, nothing happens?
    Last edited by Marthiiina; August 17th, 2018 at 11:55 PM.

Can you please send me (in a private message) the key you are trying to enter there?
    And which operation system are you trying to enter the key?

Can you please send me (in a private message) the key you are trying to enter there?
    And which operation system are you trying to enter the key?
    I have done that now.

I tried both keys and both where accepted as a key in the recovery dialog.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keys accepted in dialog.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	16983
    Have no clue why your dialog fails to accept the key.

Can you try that one?
    Code:
    t0u4MWZZGRVsUFfcyL1HbEeKPjBH7uGUliwyDpRse/U=

Name:	recoverykey nothing happens.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	16990

tried it, nothing happens.

But, if i remove the last character - then i get a fail.

Name:	recoverykey minus a symbol.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	16991

So I've got no clue. why it won't work.
    Should i try to reinstall teamspeak or something? Is there anything I can try to do?

I tried both keys and both where accepted as a key in the recovery dialog.

Name:	keys accepted in dialog.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	16983
    Have no clue why your dialog fails to accept the key.

Can you try that one?
    Code:
    t0u4MWZZGRVsUFfcyL1HbEeKPjBH7uGUliwyDpRse/U=

When I started having problems with account sync, I tried to access my account at myteamspeak.com through the pc but as I did not remember my password, I reset the password.
    After I got the new password, I went to my android application and requested a new key.

Did I do something wrong?

@ Marthiiina
    Please post a client log (start the client and do not connect to a server and then enter the key and press apply).

@ShadowOfSouls
    Resetting the password requires you to use the old key! The new requested key deleted the old one and made it more complicated :/
    Because you already got a new key after you did reset your password and used Fallback to get back into your account.

The thing you did quote is for Marthiiina and not for your problem.
    Last edited by dante696; August 22nd, 2018 at 12:53 PM. Reason: updated post

Thread Information