Forum

Absent Feature: Temp PWs (like Bans) duration to remain intact after server restarts

I would like to request that TeamSpeak Systems GmbH reconsider their (surprisingly illogical, respectfully speaking) stance regarding the retention of temporary passwords. Given how well thought-out everything in Teamspeak is, especially compared to competing communication platforms, it's both surprising & disappointing that this features absence hasn't been rectified by 2018.

The duration of temporary bans are retained (as they should be!) after server restarts and so should be temporary passwords.

Server owners not have to recreate temporary passwords that have not yet expired after a server restart.

We all make mistakes/oversights but there are few things more commendable than admitting and correcting them.

Question Suggestion - Temporary password not clearing after reboot

Hi team !

It would be awesome if temporary passwords list will not be cleared after server reboot...

I'm using temporary password a lot and having to reset them each time i update my server or my TS server is very very anoying...

See you around,
    Lix
    Last edited by dante696; February 20th, 2019 at 03:00 PM. Reason: merged

Just how "temporary" are your passwords then?

We discussed that and decided to add this.
    We won't add this into upcoming server 3.7.0 but plan to do add this into a later release.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

thanks a lot :-)
    this will help !

Quote Originally Posted by fspower View Post
    Just how "temporary" are your passwords then?
    Temporary means that it expires. It can be temporary for days, weeks, ...
    Temporary does not means it should be lost upon reboot.

Would be great to have temporary channels that survive a server restart if they have a setting to expire after a certain amount of time.

E.g. i have my temporary channels set to expire after 7 days if they are not used. But after a server restart they are all gone, no matter what time is left on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by boehseronkel View Post
    Would be great to have temporary channels that survive a server restart if they have a setting to expire after a certain amount of time.

E.g. i have my temporary channels set to expire after 7 days if they are not used. But after a server restart they are all gone, no matter what time is left on the clock.
    I suggest :
    - Temporary Channel which have a expiration Date, so we will be able to create Event Chans. When it expires, it deletes chans et move users to default chan.
    - Temporary Channel "emptyness expiration" in Server Config defaulty set to 0, which could control the duration before a temporary chan with no Expiration Date (desc in previous line) is automaticaly deleted

I think such feature would greatly impove TS by creating a new EVENT CHANS possibilty and make easier to setup events in a community.

Would you think it's possible ?

Best regards,
    Lix

really good to hear - as someone who has been using temp pw, i have been missing this feature

Not yet released server 3.8.0 will save temporary passwords into the database and will load them on start.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information