Forum

requestClientMove only returning ERROR_ok

I'm very new to making Teamspeak plugins and it's all been working fine until I've been trying to use ts3Functions.requestClientMove to move to a channel and edit it if there's no room by editing it but it always seems to return ERROR_ok. What I want is it to either return ERROR_channel_maxfamily_reached or ERROR_channel_maxclients_reached which would make sense for it to do so in my opinion. I'm sure it's my own fault as to why it's only ever returning ERROR_ok even with full channels and I'm just wondering if this issue is only affecting me. While I was very quickly testing it I used this code which never returns anything other than ERROR_ok:
    Code:
    void ts3plugin_onClientMoveMovedEvent(uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, anyID clientID, uint64 oldChannelID, uint64 newChannelID, int visibility, anyID moverID, const char* moverName, const char* moverUniqueIdentifier, const char* moveMessage) {
    	static anyID me;

if (ts3Functions.getClientID(serverConnectionHandlerID, &me) != ERROR_ok) {
    		printf("PLUGIN: Error getting clientID.\n");
    		return;
    	}

if (clientID == me) {

if (ts3Functions.requestClientMove(serverConnectionHandlerID, clientID, oldChannelID, "", NULL) != ERROR_ok) {
    			printf("PLUGIN: Error joining channel.\n");
    		}
    		else {
    			printf("PLUGIN: No error joining channel.\n");
    		}
    	}

}
    Thanks for any help and constructive criticism in advance!

After doing further research and looking at some open source projects I've realized that this error is a server error and needs to be handled with onServerErrorEvent. I'm putting this for anyone else who comes across this thread looking for help. Will be learning how to handle these errors now. Thankyou.

Any function call that starts with "request" is asynchronous and checks with the server first. Errors that happen on the server side will be given through the onServerErrorEvent. The return value itself is indicating whether or not the call was successfully dispatched to the server and whether to expect an onServerErrorEvent or not.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I was able to successfully implement this event and handle the error. Thanks for the help.

Thread Information