Forum

Random Clients Connect, Delete all Channels

Hello

When I joined my Teamspeak Server today, I found all the Channels deleted and some pretty interesting things in our log Files. It turned out that a random new Client called 'deniz' connected to our Teamspeak Server and started throwing around permissions. Soon after that, two more Clients connected and 'deniz' granted all avaiable permissions to them except for the Admin. And after that, our logs dont help anymore but in the end all channels have been deleted and the clients vanished. The first strange thing is, that the client 'deniz' does not appear on the server client list at all, secondly i m curious how he got the permissions in the first place, since we checked our permissions and he shouldnt be able to do that.

What are our options to prevent such things from happening again? Where can I find some extended log files (which also show actions like channel deleting or exact jointime of a Client) we couldnt find any of those in our server structure on the windows server.

Thanks in advance for any anwsers

With your description nobody can tell you what and why it happened.
    Can be outdated server version or misconfigured permissions or someone knows the login inforamtion from ServerQuery etc.

There are no extended logs in case you did not enable desired logging (in server edit dialog and via logquerycommands=1 as start paramter) in the past.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    With your description nobody can tell you what and why it happened.
    Can be outdated server version or misconfigured permissions or someone knows the login inforamtion from ServerQuery etc.

There are no extended logs in case you did not enable desired logging (in server edit dialog and via logquerycommands=1 as start paramter) in the past.
    Thank you for your message. I know that my information on this is limited, but thats all I could find unfortunetely. At the time being, we also suspect that he somehow got acess to our ServerQuery. I'll turn on the extended logging to have a bigger chance when it happens again.

Thread Information