Forum

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    November 2006
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    67

    Server Ram usage increased

    TS just needs to work on lighter server-side resources, I've had my server up since 2/06/2014 and I've noticed the ram usage change, while server usage has remained constant
    Last edited by Chris; April 28th, 2018 at 04:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    June 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    TS just needs to work on lighter server-side resources, I've had my server up since 2/06/2014 and I've noticed the ram usage change, while server usage has remained constant
    What do you mean by changed RAM usage? Give us some numbers and also tell us where you got them from..
    I've set up a server in 2009 that runs on a 128 MB VPS. With Apache2 and TeamSpeak, around 80 MB of that RAM is used.
    Anyway, I do believe that at some point, TeamSpeak's automatic database purging broke. It previously ran at 60 days, but my database has people from several years in it that are not in any group.
    Last edited by Chris; April 28th, 2018 at 04:21 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    June 2008
    Posts
    18,396
    Are there users left within last months?

    Update:
    Found a report from 2014 with a bug in auto-Prune. There was an issue when more than 1 server was running in MySQL.
    Could it be related? Are these users from 2014 or before or later?

    Update 2:
    Feel free to send it via pm to me or in a new or matching thread to avoid more off-topics in this thread.
    Last edited by dante696; April 27th, 2018 at 04:35 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

    TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    November 2006
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    What do you mean by changed RAM usage? Give us some numbers and also tell us where you got them from..
    I've set up a server in 2009 that runs on a 128 MB VPS. With Apache2 and TeamSpeak, around 80 MB of that RAM is used.
    Anyway, I do believe that at some point, TeamSpeak's automatic database purging broke. It previously ran at 60 days, but my database has people from several years in it that are not in any group.
    well its using around 1GB (my vps limit) were as before it used hardly anything... any thing you recommend to fix it?

    added image.
    Name:  bi0uKdse.png
Views: 433
Size:  118.0 KB

  5. #5
    Join Date
    June 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,371
    It isn't generally a problem if linux ate your RAM, but is quite a big amount of virtual memory compared to very little reserved memory.

    What's the size of your database?

    My big server that runs in production with an NPL and is actively used has 43M reserved and 185M virtual RAM. The whole machine, including PHP, MySQL and TeamSpeak, only needs 276 MB RAM. The green bar, which is full on your screenshot, is considered to be the RAM that is actually needed. So something isn't right there for you, as this bar is supposed to be mostly yellow (buffers) and blue (cached).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    November 2006
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    It isn't generally a problem if linux ate your RAM, but is quite a big amount of virtual memory compared to very little reserved memory.

    What's the size of your database?

    My big server that runs in production with an NPL and is actively used has 43M reserved and 185M virtual RAM. The whole machine, including PHP, MySQL and TeamSpeak, only needs 276 MB RAM. The green bar, which is full on your screenshot, is considered to be the RAM that is actually needed. So something isn't right there for you, as this bar is supposed to be mostly yellow (buffers) and blue (cached).
    which files? my entire folder is 209MB

    Code:
    [[email protected] ~]# free -m
                 total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:          1024       1017          6          0          0         15
    -/+ buffers/cache:       1001         22
    Swap:          128         35         92

  7. #7
    Join Date
    June 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,371
    ts3server.sqlitedb

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Resolved] INFODATA_BUFSIZE increased
    By justyand in forum General Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 22nd, 2015, 11:50 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 30th, 2011, 06:01 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 24th, 2010, 08:32 AM
  4. Security level - how is it determined/increased [technical]
    By ThiefMaster in forum General Questions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: September 12th, 2010, 05:24 PM
  5. The increased characters and beta3.0
    By tynman in forum General Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 21st, 2009, 08:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •