Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

End of tsdns client support?

Hello.
    Is it true that the TSDNS support soon will ended?

It's true this is the current plan.

That's also the reason why you get a message when connecting to a simple TSDNS server.
    Code:
    This server configuration is deprecated. Support for this configuration will be dropped in the future.
    Please contact your server administrator. For details please see this Knowledge Base article.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I don't read that as end of support, but as a change in how the client will query for the TSDNS server, change being that if there is no SRV the client will not look for TSDNS service. Or is there something in the plan I'm not seeing in that link where you plan to also stop supporting TSDNS even if there is a valid _tsdns._tcp.example.com SRV record?

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    I don't read that as end of support, but as a change in how the client will query for the TSDNS server, change being that if there is no SRV the client will not look for TSDNS service. Or is there something in the plan I'm not seeing in that link where you plan to also stop supporting TSDNS even if there is a valid _tsdns._tcp.example.com SRV record?
    No, the plan is that without SRV record no TSDNS will be contacted.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information