Forum

Completely unable to update server from 3.0.10.1

I've been a terrible server admin, the version of TS currently being run is 3.0.10.1 on Windows.

Yesterday a few things made me think that things weren't quite right with the server so I tried to update.

I followed the usual method, copy and replace all new version files. I then launched the app, agreed to the Ts&Cs, and a file was created showing that I'd accepted these. Then I waited. The server icon is in the sys tray, and then stops being in the sys tray. I re-launch the application - again it crashes.

I login via server query to my pre-patch backup and do servercreatesnapshot, write it to a file, then try to deploy the snapshot to a clean install I've created. This crashes the clean install and it now won't open.

I think the sqlite db (650~kb) is corrupted. I say this because of two symptoms:
    a. On of the spacers has inexplicably broken and the format code doesn't work ( [cspacer3] )
    b. The permissions for the main channel which all of the other channels sit in changed to limit maxclients.

Looking in the log I can see that no-one has been messing around with settings.

I really don't want to have to recreate everything manually, but it seems like I will have to if I can't fix this... We have a servergroup access permissions system and so it's going to be a tedious case of adding everyone back to the right membergroup as-and-when they join.

As far as I can tell the only thing I've not tried is updating the server incrementally by going through each major release, instead of going straight to the newest.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I should proceed?

Post logs.

Thread Information