Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On Android there were more changes:

Name:  OPDUBSN.png
Views: 823
Size:  222.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Citillara View Post
    Hello

I'm just discovering suddenly like other people the new teamspeak icon and I'd like to share my dissapointement.
    Sorry ideas are coming a bit randomly so I'm just throwing all of them here

The old icon felt more professional than the new one, which is clearly aimed at "l33t" gaming audience.
    When I look at the others voice sharing systems I find some disturbance in the way TS is heading, as in my opinion TS always had a more professional approach on everything than any of their competitors (licence system, support, etc ...)

Discord's logo remains simple and not too goofy despite the programmers loving to make jokes everywhere, they keep a touch of seriousness
    Ventrilo uses a head with a headset, the head is much neutral with the exception of the glasses that makes it a bit geekiers but it stays within resonable limits
    Mumbles : well headset with their own name, so dead serious that it's boring
    Skype : simple S which is perrty much in the current design standards, not much too add.

Another thing that frowns me with the new logo is the color scheme used on it. It is much much darker to the previous one, the previous one was fitting well with the default light theme of TS, now the new dark one feels something is amiss : dark logo, light theme

I don't want to do a rant, just wanted to share my thoughts about it

Best regards,
    I didn't mind the new logo.
    If anything, I do agree is on the colour scheme.
    When the icon is shrunk (in a lot of cases this is true), it doesn't really stand out at all, or the alias is just really bad that it looks like a mess.

like it's fine in volume mixer
    but like, in the client and on the taskbar, not so much
    Last edited by Chris; June 12th, 2018 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    My update is not approved yet on myTS
    It's nice to know that the approval process for TeamSpeak employees is not actually faster than that for everybody else.

I like that you finally got rid of the two websites for sales related and non sales related topics. This way it looks much more professional than before.

Let's hope that the future will also bring a better version of MyTeamSpeak that actually helps people to get started with extending the software. The current system is a bit of a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    It's nice to know that the approval process for TeamSpeak employees is not actually faster than that for everybody else.

I like that you finally got rid of the two websites for sales related and non sales related topics. This way it looks much more professional than before.

Let's hope that the future will also bring a better version of MyTeamSpeak that actually helps people to get started with extending the software. The current system is a bit of a mess.
    Yo, they updated the website?
    Hell yeah

Guys can we please stay on topic client release 3.1.10 and post off-topics in threads where website or TS5 is topic?
    Thank you.
    Last edited by dante696; June 12th, 2018 at 01:47 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Citillara View Post
    Hello

I'm just discovering suddenly like other people the new teamspeak icon and I'd like to share my dissapointement.
    Sorry ideas are coming a bit randomly so I'm just throwing all of them here

The old icon felt more professional than the new one, which is clearly aimed at "l33t" gaming audience.
    When I look at the others voice sharing systems I find some disturbance in the way TS is heading, as in my opinion TS always had a more professional approach on everything than any of their competitors (licence system, support, etc ...)

Discord's logo remains simple and not too goofy despite the programmers loving to make jokes everywhere, they keep a touch of seriousness
    Ventrilo uses a head with a headset, the head is much neutral with the exception of the glasses that makes it a bit geekiers but it stays within resonable limits
    Mumbles : well headset with their own name, so dead serious that it's boring
    Skype : simple S which is perrty much in the current design standards, not much too add.

Another thing that frowns me with the new logo is the color scheme used on it. It is much much darker to the previous one, the previous one was fitting well with the default light theme of TS, now the new dark one feels something is amiss : dark logo, light theme

I don't want to do a rant, just wanted to share my thoughts about it

Best regards,
    I wholeheartedly agree that the new icon feels goofy and out of place. The old icon had recognition value and I don't get why you'd want to change it so drastically, especially into something that (in my opinion) is so goofy.

iOS update is available now!

If you apparently have time to do minor cosmetic work, would you fix this bug already? It's starting to get ridiculous.

Thread Information