Forum

Page 104 of 116 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1738

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch. View Post
    A majority of steam's client is web based and not using electron. There's plenty of chromium implementations outside electron, just that one uses node.js

QTWebBrowser, which I'm pretty sure is already in TS3 (for the addons browser) might be using it
    Steam is using Chromium at it's core, so it's the same engine. However their software is not a full web application, most of the settings, friends, library, etc. is native. So it would be simply a different framework but the same engine. The vast majority of electrons resource usage is not the framework.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Wrong.

Is that a hint that Teamspeak can be used from a browser but just isn't using electron?

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    Is TeamSpeak 5 still going to use Overwolf still? kinda hate overwolf wish they do away with it and have their own overlay without the need of overwolf.
    Hey, Dana from Overwolf here. I'm sorry to hear you are displeased with Overwolf, and I'd really appreciate it if you could share why that is, and what you think we could be doing better. Feel free to write back to me here or via email

Quote Originally Posted by OverwolfDana View Post
    Hey, Dana from Overwolf here. I'm sorry to hear you are displeased with Overwolf, and I'd really appreciate it if you could share why that is, and what you think we could be doing better. Feel free to write back to me here or via email
    I can do both. Personally for myself when playing a game I donít know what shortcut Iíll hit but all of a sudden the whole TeamSpeak overlay will appear on screen with no way of getting rid of it (it doesnít give me a hint on what to shortcut to press to remove) so I have to close the whole overwolf down then alt Tab back to game, so from then on I just always close overwolf whenever I start TS. Overwolf being part of TS5 isnít terrible but it should be completely part of it not just an add on with the option to install.

For me, its the need to install something external for a single feature, which should be an included feature in TeamSpeak without the need to outsource.
    If I were to take the time to see what Overwolf had to offer in full, maybe there wouldn't be as much displease with using it. But my first impression (which only lasted minutes) when I installed it 2+ years ago was this looks like adware with a cool logo for clickbait.

New version of Teamspeak?

I'm sorry, I can't write to off-topic.

Hello,

please inform about advising Teamspeak 5 server. I don't want speculation. Please refer to Teamspeak 3's official statement or a team member here on the forum. I had a lot of my homework. They are interested in specific official and true information.

When will Teamspeak 5 be released officially for live download?
    How will it differ from Teamspeak 3?
    Will it be possible to continue self-hosting within a dedicated server?

Thank you very much for the information.
    Last edited by dante696; May 16th, 2019 at 08:48 PM. Reason: merged

Most of us don't want to use 3rd party software just for an overlay.

Quote Originally Posted by martintk View Post
    I'm sorry, I can't write to off-topic.

Hello,

please inform about advising Teamspeak 5 server. I don't want speculation. Please refer to Teamspeak 3's official statement or a team member here on the forum. I had a lot of my homework. They are interested in specific official and true information.

When will Teamspeak 5 be released officially for live download?
    How will it differ from Teamspeak 3?
    Will it be possible to continue self-hosting within a dedicated server?

Thank you very much for the information.
    1)To answer this question I have to become Doctor Strange and go into the future to see the no. of alternate possibilities of public release of TS5 :P

2)TS5 is entirely different from TS3 in UI and features (We have seen the UI pics but we cannot confirm any additional features except for some offline chat system)

3)As the TS5 will only use TS3 servers you can host it on your dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    1)To answer this question I have to become Doctor Strange and go into the future to see the no. of alternate possibilities of public release of TS5 :P

2)TS5 is entirely different from TS3 in UI and features (We have seen the UI pics but we cannot confirm any additional features except for some offline chat system)

3)As the TS5 will only use TS3 servers you can host it on your dedicated
    Pretty sure Doctor Strange went into the future came back shook his head and walked away from us, even he could see the beta wont be seen anytime soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Most of us don't want to use 3rd party software just for an overlay.
    Exact. I play on a low budget computer. Gaming + ts3 is fine, adding overwolf seriously lowers my fps because it's a new proccess eating my ram. It's an unnecesary proccess when we could just use a native ts overlay (please do it).

I have another question: Will there be a TeamSpeak 5 mobile app? And if so, will it be an additional app or will the TeamSpeak 3 app be updated?
    Last edited by BerndSchmecka; May 19th, 2019 at 10:41 AM.

Will there be a consistent version for Linux / OSX and Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by BerndSchmecka View Post
    I have another question: Will there be a TeamSpeak 5 mobile app? And if so, will it be an additional app or will the TeamSpeak 3 app be updated?
    better yet will they decide to make it free, hard to compete against discord when theirs is free and yours is not.

Someone just made a list about all given/known informations about the teamspeak 5 client yet. It's a reddit thread, you can take a look at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saelyth View Post
    Exact. I play on a low budget computer. Gaming + ts3 is fine, adding overwolf seriously lowers my fps because it's a new proccess eating my ram. It's an unnecesary proccess when we could just use a native ts overlay (please do it).
    Hey Saelyth, can you please explain what kind of a low budget computer you have? And can you tell which Overwolf apps you had running while gaming?

Also, I'd like to mention that game performance is a top priority for Overwolf, and we take issues like FPS drops very seriously. If you'd agree to let us look into your Overwolf logs, we can search for the issue and hopefully provide a quick solution. A support form and a guide to logs extraction can be found here: http://support.overwolf.com/submit-a-request/. Thank you!

Thread Information