Forum

Page 105 of 116 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1738

Thread: TS5 discussion

  1. #1561
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    I can do both. Personally for myself when playing a game I donít know what shortcut Iíll hit but all of a sudden the whole TeamSpeak overlay will appear on screen with no way of getting rid of it (it doesnít give me a hint on what to shortcut to press to remove) so I have to close the whole overwolf down then alt Tab back to game, so from then on I just always close overwolf whenever I start TS. Overwolf being part of TS5 isnít terrible but it should be completely part of it not just an add on with the option to install.

    Thank you for the feedback, I will forward it to the relevant team. Just a small explanation: the TeamSpeak overlay window has a wrench button that opens up the app's settings. There you can see the assigned hotkeys and change them in case you prefer others:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VywImQM.png 
Views:	709 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	17872


    Quote Originally Posted by SharpY View Post
    For me, its the need to install something external for a single feature, which should be an included feature in TeamSpeak without the need to outsource.
    If I were to take the time to see what Overwolf had to offer in full, maybe there wouldn't be as much displease with using it. But my first impression (which only lasted minutes) when I installed it 2+ years ago was this looks like adware with a cool logo for clickbait.
    I understand. While I can't speak for the TeamSpeak team regarding outsourced features, what I can do is forward your feedback here at Overwolf, which could promote changes for the future. Can you please tell me what you think we should do differently to avoid appearing like an adware? Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Most of us don't want to use 3rd party software just for an overlay.
    Thank you for replying.

  2. #1562
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Posts
    119
    Can we get TS5 now pls we are gonna hit 6th month of waiting. We have nothing not even a pic since Feb 2019. This is boring now.

  3. #1563
    Join Date
    October 2016
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    Can we get TS5 now pls we are gonna hit 6th month of waiting. We have nothing not even a pic since Feb 2019. This is boring now.
    @stupid wrote a mail to the teamspeak sales department. This was the reply he got 3 weeks ago:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1244.jpeg 
Views:	454 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	17878


    Quite sad that the communication from Teamspeak with us users out here in the forums and apparently even internally is still bad...
    I really hope they won`t blame Adam for trying to give us some info.

    They really need to step up their (communication) game and start beeing more professional.

  4. #1564
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Ciudad Real, Spain
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by OverwolfDana View Post
    Hey Saelyth, can you please explain what kind of a low budget computer you have? And can you tell which Overwolf apps you had running while gaming?
    I play Guild Wars 2 on a Windows 10 64x with a Q6600 proccessor (13yo) and a nvidia GT 440 (also really old) and 8GB RAM. Overwolf cripples my experience and I get it, it's my issue because I should have a computer from at least this decade, not from 2006, but it's what happens and I can't afford a new one.

    Anyway this might be off-topic on the TeamSpeak5 thread so maybe we should create another thread.

  5. #1565
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Tipton, IN USA
    Posts
    29
    I have heard a major fallacy about Teamspeak which is not true. The confusion gets old so I'm going to clear this up and it about Teamspeak being free. Teamspeak is COMPLETELY free at no cost to anyone unless you want it hosted. If anyone has a computer to setup as a server you simply install the server file of TS3 and then to connect to your server with a client on another machine. Teamspeak offers 32 slots for free or you can get an NPL to have 512 people across up to 10 servers. 512 people is plenty for anyone and its free just fill out the NPL form. So yes Teamspeak is completely free to setup and use yourself it only cost money if your having it hosted and you are not paying for Teamspeak your paying the hosting and licensing fee since you yourself are not hosting it on your own rig/server.

    Also I would like to warn those Discord lovers that Discord is a centralized server meaning if it gets hacked or goes offline it brings down everyone's server. Teamspeak if it goes down its onlt one server meaning other servers are unaffected. Privacy is huge with me and Discord doesn't have it as everything you said can be listened to without your knowledge whereas Teamspeak is encrypted and everything is kept private. Granted I hate the wait for TS5 but even TS3 is superior to Discord, even if TS3 doesn't have all the eye candy.

  6. #1566
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by boehseronkel View Post
    I really hope they won`t blame Adam for trying to give us some info.
    Considering that ScP's last informational post in this thread was on the 10th I'd say they were not so happy. This is a good opportunity for me, though, to thank him for his updates - the only person that actually was interested in communicating with the community.

  7. #1567
    Join Date
    November 2017
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by jayw654 View Post
    Teamspeak is COMPLETELY free at no cost to anyone unless you want it hosted.
    That's not quite right.
    The "Unlicensed" licensing model is available exclusively to non-commercial groups and consumers.
    Source: http://la.teamspeak.com/5/en/la_desktop.html

    This means that's I'm required to obtain a commercial license even when self-hosting since I accept stream donations on Twitch and I'm therefore no longer considered a "non-commercial customer". If I fail to do so, I'm in breach of the terms of service and TeamSpeak Systems can terminate my license to use the software.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady_The View Post
    This is a good opportunity for me, though, to thank him for his updates - the only person that actually was interested in communicating with the community.
    Rather: The only TeamSpeak Systems employee who'd rather announce things prematurely than risking to piss people off even more by remaining completely silent.

    There are people outside TeamSpeak Systems who have been very interested in communicating with the community, but have not been given much to work with. This includes enthusiastic fans of the software on Twitter, reddit and YouTube.

    I'd personally love to help getting more information out there, like videos on YouTube much like the ones I already did for my own addons but I feel that this is something that TeamSpeak Systems owes us and I don't want to damage their reputation even more by basically doing what would be the marketing department's job.

    This is the thing I don't understand. Most people I talk to have no problem with any missed "deadlines". They just have major issues with the lack of honesty and transparency regarding the things which went wrong. All they want is proper and honest communication, no matter how many more days/weeks/months until that dreaded beta sees the day of light.

    They are fine with TeamSpeak 3 because it just works and they'd rather wait some more than to deal with Discord, especially since Discord's European servers seem to suffer from annoying voice quality issues every now and then which is a problem that TeamSpeak simply doesn't have because you have more control about the physical location of your server.

    PS: The list on reddit which "someone" made received 40 upvotes within just two days. Apparently, some people do like spoilers.

  8. #1568
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    56
    Yeah it's time for more infos and the beta.

  9. #1569
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    This means that's I'm required to obtain a commercial license even when self-hosting since I accept stream donations on Twitch and I'm therefore no longer considered a "non-commercial customer". If I fail to do so, I'm in breach of the terms of service and TeamSpeak Systems can terminate my license to use the software.
    Time to hit up that sponsorship licence, which covers content creators

  10. #1570
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    185
    If their going to make us wait more, at least give us SOMETHING to wet our whistles a little...

  11. #1571
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Saelyth View Post
    I play Guild Wars 2 on a Windows 10 64x with a Q6600 proccessor (13yo) and a nvidia GT 440 (also really old) and 8GB RAM. Overwolf cripples my experience and I get it, it's my issue because I should have a computer from at least this decade, not from 2006, but it's what happens and I can't afford a new one.
    Dang, how do you play GW2 with that? I couldn't bother anymore with my i7-2600 and GTX560 and upgrade a few years ago, because the CPU was bottlenecking so hard on GW2. I mean even on min settings that must be more like a slide show, isn't it?

  12. #1572
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    PS: The list on reddit which "someone" made received 40 upvotes within just two days. Apparently, some people do like spoilers.
    Someone... yeah. @ RandomHost a.k.a. Chi-Yu

    However - thanks for this list.

    Anyway, are you still going to update this article?

  13. #1573
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by jayw654 View Post
    I have heard a major fallacy about Teamspeak which is not true. The confusion gets old so I'm going to clear this up and it about Teamspeak being free. Teamspeak is COMPLETELY free at no cost to anyone unless you want it hosted.
    Same argument for any other service. Client is nearly all the time free, for every platform.
    Oh wait, not with TeamSpeak and Mobile.

    If anyone has a computer to setup as a server you simply install the server file of TS3 and then to connect to your server with a client on another machine.
    That way you lose the "superb" audio quality that a lot of people give TeamSpeak credit for in this Thread. Because a home connections tend to give you a few % packet lose. Especially for the periods where the user downloads something. Funfact, Discord and TS3 use the exact same audio codec. Infact, TS3 uses Opus 1.1 and Discord 1.2 since January 2018.
    But TeamSpeak is still evaluating Opus 1.2 + 1.3. Might ship with next major release. Soon™
    https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/134831-opus-1-2

    Teamspeak offers 32 slots for free or you can get an NPL to have 512 people across up to 10 servers. 512 people is plenty for anyone and its free just fill out the NPL form.
    Wrong, the 10 server limit was changed to 2 in 2014. Since 2014 the limit are 2 servers.

    Since July 2018 the NPL model was discontinued and later (in October 2018 or so) replaced with the new Sponsorship license, which was unobtainable until it kinda vanished from the page. Now there are only 3 licenses obtainable. One is the free one that every installation comes with. https://www.teamspeak.com/en/features/licensing

    But please, enlighten me how I can get 512 slots (or more than 32) for free like you claim nowadays.

    So yes Teamspeak is completely free to setup and use yourself it only cost money if your having it hosted and you are not paying for Teamspeak your paying the hosting and licensing fee since you yourself are not hosting it on your own rig/server.
    Well.. see above

    Also I would like to warn those Discord lovers that Discord is a centralized server meaning if it gets hacked or goes offline it brings down everyone's server. Teamspeak if it goes down its onlt one server meaning other servers are unaffected.
    Yes, yes this is absolutely true. And yes Discord went offline a few times. Last time it had major outages was on 4th May 2019 - 09:21PDT for exactly 52 minutes. But after 22 minutes partial services had recovered. If you want to know how I know that. Take a look here at the Discord status webpage.
    This single incident: https://status.discordapp.com/incidents/kz4ky0cydym1
    General overview: https://status.discordapp.com

    That's how you communicate problems.
    The last time the MyTeamSpeak Sync server went down we got annoying Windows popups every 15mins for a few hours or even days if I remember correctly.

    Privacy is huge with me and Discord doesn't have it as everything you said can be listened to without your knowledge whereas
    Only half valid argument. Because if it's not your TS3 server you are joining, then you need to trust the admin he isn't storing your data
    For example, Discord automatically hides your IP, to everyone. Even the Discord "Server" admins wont know them. This is not true for TS3. here you need to care for yourself if you want to expose your location/IP.

    Teamspeak is encrypted and everything is kept private.
    Discord also has encryption, by default because it uses TLS as protocol for text and xsalsa20 for voice or DTLS if you join the voice via Browser. This also means there is no way to disable encryption or forgetting to enable it like it is possible with TS3 for server admins.

    Granted I hate the wait for TS5 but even TS3 is superior to Discord, even if TS3 doesn't have all the eye candy.
    One calls it eye candy, others call it basic functions in 2k19.
    Last edited by Dimos; May 22nd, 2019 at 07:02 PM.

  14. #1574
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    33
    Also I would like to warn those Discord lovers that Discord is a centralized server meaning if it gets hacked or goes offline it brings down everyone's server. Teamspeak if it goes down its onlt one server meaning other servers are unaffected.
    Of course centralized services have some downtimes, however overall the advantages compensate for the disadvantages.
    -> You can switch your server location in a second
    -> Your server can't be attacked (like with a DDoS)
    -> You as a user can't be attacked, as their IP is not leaked to literally everyone. Like really, the amount of ddos attacks I've seen thanks to this ip leak is immense.
    -> You don't need to pay and maintain an own server


    Privacy is huge with me and Discord doesn't have it as everything you said can be listened to without your knowledge whereas
    Psst, Discord does still not sell your damn data. Their business model is a different one and it would probably hurt them more than it gains them. Also you are probably using whatsapp, facebook, google, etc. everyday. Those companies are telling everyone open that they sell their data, so stop your hypocrisy.

  15. #1575
    Join Date
    December 2018
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Client is nearly all the time free, for every platform.
    Oh wait, not with TeamSpeak and Mobile.
    While it would be nice for the mobile client to be free, perhaps they need to charge for it to make it worth their while to develop?

    Don't get me wrong, if it was a monthly subscription fee I wouldn't bother with the mobile app, but for a one-off charge that's no more expensive then other apps on my phone it wasn't a big deal for me, but I see it being mentioned every now and then on the forum so maybe I'm in the minority.

    It's a shame there aren't polls on the forum as it would be interesting to see what the proportion of users are who use just the desktop client, or just mobile, or desktop client but they would be willing to use mobile if it were cheaper/free.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.2.3
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 19th, 2018, 11:39 PM
  2. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1.7
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 27th, 2017, 02:49 PM
  3. [Discussion] Client 3.1.5
    By dante696 in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: July 30th, 2017, 01:20 AM
  4. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3.1.1 Beta Discussion
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 10th, 2017, 05:02 PM
  5. Find a discussion group
    By Chaffer in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 4th, 2015, 09:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •