Forum

Page 110 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1738

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by IL_Messia View Post
    I request to improve the chat system (private chat).
    Mostly two things:
    - History of chats (saved in local or server)
    - Remove "Chat partner has closed the conversation" every time someone closes the chat
    Wrong Thread miss,

- History of chats (saved in local or server)
    you can already do this.

Quote Originally Posted by IL_Messia View Post
    - Remove "Chat partner has closed the conversation" every time someone closes the chat
    Is this really necessary? I think the Teamspeak 5 client will remove this since they have private/group chats but I wouldn't remove this in the teamspeak 3 client.

------------------

By the way: Why wouldn't we just close this full-crap of non-sense thread? We're almost at (~)1650 posts and we came to nothing, literally nothing. I'm sure that teamspeak 5 will finish the closed alpha stage this quartal and will start the beta stage, maybe after E3 2019 since they've announced their livestreams at their social media accounts for the E3 2019, otherwise we'll see it after the gamescom 2019 event.

Don't worry at all, it's finished when it is done, that's all.
    Just don't waste your time with complaining bullshit that will never arrive, just go ahead and stay patient. Teamspeak 5 is not here to get rushed at all, we want to have a clear and finished product, even if they're 6 months after their "deathline", just fuck about it and give them some more time.

Guess nothing new came from E3, gamescom it is see you in a few months...

Is there a chance for TS5 server on ARM arch?

Im a long time lurker of this Forum now and I just came here to say that our Community is finally done with Teamspeak. We switched to Discord and besides the known issues with Discord the change was a No-Brainer at this time and state of Teamspeak. I hyped the TS5-Beta like what, one year ago? We switched to Discord a couple of Weeks ago and wow what did we miss. Feels like we finally arrived in the 21st Century. The features are overwhelming compared to TS, integrated Bot support, a lot of 3rd-party-integrations, regular updates, a nice way to manage the Servers and so on... We are not the NASA, we are a gaming community and we are not that afraid of Discord "stealing" our data.

I defended TS for so long, we used TS since our first Internet-experiences like 15 Years ago? not anymore, this is ridiculous!

Tbh at this point it is kind of a joke the lack of communcation is embarrassing and we still haven't gotten our beta keys even after solving all those puzzles I personally already switched over to riot im because i'm sick of waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolette View Post
    Is there a chance for TS5 server on ARM arch?
    There's no special TS5 server... but adding support for additional platforms is something we're looking at.

Some really horrible replies on this thread.

People talking like they backed a Kickstarter project that's gone to shit. Not sure this thread really has any value?

If you're going to move to Discord then just do it? No one cares about your 1000 word essay on how you've somehow been let down. It's all a bit cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by kashinoda View Post

People talking like they backed a Kickstarter project that's gone to shit. Not sure this thread really has any value?

If you're going to move to Discord then just do it? No one cares about your 1000 word essay on how you've somehow been let down. It's all a bit cringe.
    It’s Good to see it being documented that people are leaving, because if they release the beta and wonder why it’s not a big hit it may be because they have lost everyone already to discord and not because discord is better but because they fail to communicate with their supporters. This isn’t Kickstarter indeed, but losing supporters of 5/10/15yrs that’s going to take a toll down the road, people won’t want to come back once they’ve nested on discord and if you disrespect those supporters by ignoring them they have more reason not to return even if TS5 is the best VOIP ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    It’s Good to see it being documented that people are leaving, because if they release the beta and wonder why it’s not a big hit it may be because they have lost everyone already to discord and not because discord is better but because they fail to communicate with their supporters. This isn’t Kickstarter indeed, but losing supporters of 5/10/15yrs that’s going to take a toll down the road, people won’t want to come back once they’ve nested on discord and if you disrespect those supporters by ignoring them they have more reason not to return even if TS5 is the best VOIP ever.

They'll be back. If they get that emotional that they write 1000 word essay, they'll return.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    If you've been using TeamSpeak for 15 years and leave because the BETA for a free update has been pushed back then I don't know what to say.

There are some communication issues for sure but the outrage has been absolutely mad in this thread. The vast majority don't even know there is a beta, and a similar amount of people don't care enough to take anything to heart. I have a Teamspeak server with about 30 regular users and none of them know it exists.

This thread is basically a hate filled echo chamber, any reasonable criticism is buried by entitled posts and unwarranted rants.

If you've been using TeamSpeak for 15 years and leave because the BETA for a free update has been pushed back then I don't know what to say.

There are some communication issues for sure but the outrage has been absolutely mad in this thread. The vast majority don't even know there is a beta, and a similar amount of people don't care enough to take anything to heart. I have a Teamspeak server with about 30 regular users and none of them know it exists.

This thread is basically a hate filled echo chamber, any reasonable criticism is buried by entitled posts and unwarranted rants.
    I think your point that most of the people do not care is valid.
    However there are some server owners with communitys here and if they decide that their community will leave to discord, 10,50 or 100 people will follow them.

But they won't leave because they postponed a beta.
    They leave because atm discord is the better product for a community and the lack of communication aswell as innovations in the last decade on teamspeaks end doesn't set signs for a bright future.
    Last edited by mindo; June 18th, 2019 at 09:41 AM.

I know that this is not a Kickstarter project, in fact this is the problem. People are angry because TeamSpeak is a real company, not a project.
    People are angry because there is no communication between Devs and users (maybe for a legal reason, but we don't know)
    People are angry because we asked for infos and they said "You'll have all the infos soon" but we received nothing.
    We are angry because we still trust TS and every day we espect that TeamSpeak will amaze us, but every day we found people complaining about their behavior.
    Honestly I love teamspeak and I won't leave them. I just wait ( like every day since they announced ts5)

I love teamspeak, but I am not afraid to show the facts I see.

Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post

Psst, Discord does still not sell your damn data. Their business model is a different one and it would probably hurt them more than it gains them. Also you are probably using whatsapp, facebook, google, etc. everyday. Those companies are telling everyone open that they sell their data, so stop your hypocrisy.
    I looked into this a while ago. Unless something changed, they do sell your data. They just claim they don't sell it, but they share it with partners. Partners who gave them millions, and if I remember right, some of them are known for selling data... They can call it whatever they want. In the end, they're still selling you. If you wanna be used like and sold by discord, that's on you, but don't "church" up what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeewth View Post
    They'll be back. If they get that emotional that they write 1000 word essay, they'll return.
    Realistically, no, they won't.

The only way for them to come back is if Teamspeak releases some new tech that gamers would actually use, and I highly doubt this will be the case for Teamspeak 5, in fact I'm almost sure many of it's new features are just playing catch-up to discord's. Yes current users of Teamspeak will be happy, but winning the ones that have left them back from discord? Don't bet on it. Maybe if they had an add-on that allowed them to login to message friends in discord via TS5 so they could use both Discord and Teamspeak kinda like what Trillian did with Windows Live Messenger, Skype and AIM so you could message friends all in 1 messenger, then they might be on to something, Realistically tho, they aren't coming back there's no need to.

I've been using Teamspeak for 14yrs myself, I wouldn't leave because of it being pushed back, I'd leave because of the disrespect they give us and obviously failing to inform us of why people should stay with Teamspeak, rather than their idea of "SURPRISE LOOK WHAT WE HAVEEEE PLEASE COME BACK?" they are going to waste all this time trying to surprise us with features that simply won't win back what was already lost. People have a right to be pissed, they keep shoving a cookie in front of our faces and then taking it away making people lose excitement of the cookie. Yes some people have been way overboard in some statements but the majority here all feel the same, LACK OF COMMUNICATION, they even apologized for it and guess what? They STILL lack communication, it's unbelievable it really is I'm surprised nobody has taken this to news websites and start smacking the devs to finally wake them up.

Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    I think your point that most of the people do not care is valid.
    However there are some server owners with communitys here and if they decide that their community will leave to discord, 10,50 or 100 people will follow them.
    Name:  Untitled632.png
Views: 1448
Size:  326.6 KB

We have had our vote and at 142 votes, and majority are in favor of leaving between the yes and the no, only reason why we haven't left is because it was so close that we didn't want to piss off the yes voters so decided to wait to see what TS5 offers first and if it's not up to par with discord or better then say goodbye to another large Teamspeak community (Ranked #3 in USA on GT), other large ones like TSF (Team Special Forces) have already made the jump, good luck trying to win them back just because you wanted to "surprise" us with features (or surprise us at gamescom), it's like the main person in charge who felt between those years of 2010-2015 they are king so no need to innovate or change much is still making these decisions which will once again hurt them badly.

Thread Information