Forum

Page 114 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1760

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mazeman View Post
    progress: Alpha252
    It's progress, but what if they plan to go to Alpha395 Alpha396 Alpha423 etc we are in for a long wait unless they have plans to release on Alpha260 or somethin...

Quote Originally Posted by tucamote View Post
    I did the most disgusting thing i've ever done and i did it for the future of my community. I boosted my discord Server. Im so done with teamspeak. this will be my last post. Thanks community for everything. Hopefully when im 50 teamspeak beta will start. As far as for my community im not happy about it but we had to do what we had to do. So disappointed in teamspeak team.Attachment 18042

Cya all
    It was a smart idea of them to have a way to increase voice quality, but it's sad you have to EARN your voice quality. I hope Teamspeak 5 can offer gamers the best of the best (even if it costs $$$) as I see Discord like McDonalds and Teamspeak like Texas Roadhouse.

OMG! whoever wants an Teamspeak 5 Server...this is the page to go

https://www.clanwarz.com/teamspeak-s...apore_city.php

Jesus they are really serious!

https://zap-hosting.com/en/teamspeak-5-server-hosting/

Is there even a TS5 server in progress?

Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    Is there even a TS5 server in progress?
    TS5 ist Client only. Server will be and is the same. So TS3 Clients and TS5 Clients canspeak to each other

Quote Originally Posted by MauRo_Himalia View Post
    Looks and feels great huh, hmmmm.

Zap-Hosting is writing TeamSpeak 5 is due to be released shortly.

Name:  Screenshot_5.png
Views: 640
Size:  390.6 KB

Maybe thats a mark for the really "soon" release of TeamSpeak 5 or at least the release of the closed-beta in the next weeks.

Doesn’t mean anything tho, we’ve been told so many times it would be released shortly all they really did was take that info and sent it out to customers, etc. The renting TS5 server not sure if that’s new info or just confused info on their part since we were told the TS5 server would come later.

To be honest i just showed these pages out of fun. I believe they are ages old ir let's say they didn't changed the Teamspeak 5 aspect in the description.

But there is progress i believe they are now at Alpha 253
    Last edited by mazeman; June 28th, 2019 at 09:52 PM.

To be honest i just showed these pages out of fun. I believe they are ages old ir let's say they didn't changed the Teamspeak 5 aspect in the description.

But there is progress i believe they are now at Alpha 253 ( and like somebody here explained it is the amount of codes lines written, so there are now 253 code lines within the TS5) but hey progress:-)
    It would make more sense if 253 was the version number, meaning that its the 253 alpha build. ( can easily have multiple builds a day during development)

Quote Originally Posted by Bnejamins View Post
    It would make more sense if 253 was the version number, meaning that its the 253 alpha build. ( can easily have multiple builds a day during development)
    That's what i'm thinking too but i'm not an expert

No way it takes them that long to write a line of code even if they had to test and debug that line of code. It could be a few tho and then after it clears not to break anything and work fine they update and bump up the #

Several sources said that the Client is very stable so i just don't know what they are still doing.

Holy cow, before even more nonsense accumulates in this mess of a thread:

There is no TeamSpeak 5 server as has been mentioned multiple times here and elsewhere.

It doesn't mean that it's never going to happen because software development is weird and plans change but for the moment, any TeamSpeak 3 server which has been updated to use the latest stable 3.x.x version supports both TeamSpeak 3 and TeamSpeak 5 clients and no dedicated TeamSpeak 5 server is required nor does it even exist.

I don't know what these server hosters were smoking but they can't sell something that doesn't exist so it's either a case of false advertising or someone didn't get the memo that TeamSpeak 5 is going to be a client release.

Regarding version numbers and the weird assumption that the ever-increasing number has something to do with the lines of code:

For the love of whatever higher power you may believe in: STOP.

Given the example 5.0.0-alpha252, this is what it means:

5.0.0 - alpha 252
    version number separator development stage build number
    See https://semver.org/ for a more detailed explanation of version numbers.

"alpha" means you got to expect a decent amount of bugs and missing features because the software is still under heavy development.

And the build number indicates how often the release package build process has run.

Building basically means compiling the code into a software package which can be installed on a computer.

The build number indicates how often the process was triggered. It doesn't necessarily mean that the process was successful. Builds can fail for whatever reason.

Build 252 obviously succeeded as alpha testers are using it. It could also mean that the previous 251 builds failed (they didn't though).

252 Lines of Code

252.000 Lines would be the more suiting assumption i guess...

Thread Information