Forum

Page 115 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1760

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    Holy cow, before even more nonsense accumulates in this mess of a thread:

There is no TeamSpeak 5 server as has been mentioned multiple times here and elsewhere.

It doesn't mean that it's never going to happen because software development is weird and plans change but for the moment, any TeamSpeak 3 server which has been updated to use the latest stable 3.x.x version supports both TeamSpeak 3 and TeamSpeak 5 clients and no dedicated TeamSpeak 5 server is required nor does it even exist.

I don't know what these server hosters were smoking but they can't sell something that doesn't exist so it's either a case of false advertising or someone didn't get the memo that TeamSpeak 5 is going to be a client release.

Regarding version numbers and the weird assumption that the ever-increasing number has something to do with the lines of code:

For the love of whatever higher power you may believe in: STOP.

Given the example 5.0.0-alpha252, this is what it means:

5.0.0 - alpha 252
    version number separator development stage build number
    See https://semver.org/ for a more detailed explanation of version numbers.

"alpha" means you got to expect a decent amount of bugs and missing features because the software is still under heavy development.

And the build number indicates how often the release package build process has run.

Building basically means compiling the code into a software package which can be installed on a computer.

The build number indicates how often the process was triggered. It doesn't necessarily mean that the process was successful. Builds can fail for whatever reason.

Build 252 obviously succeeded as alpha testers are using it. It could also mean that the previous 251 builds failed (they didn't though).
    Don't blame me for the code line crap
    Blame him:
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    Unfortunately, you are mistaken. This is not the version number. It is the amount of lines of code in the source.

I don't know what these server hosters were smoking but they can't sell something that doesn't exist so it's either a case of false advertising or someone didn't get the memo that TeamSpeak 5 is going to be a client release.

What if... It really is coming soon (for real this time), and providers are just saying TS5 servers because they do want not confuse people, because if they finally release TS5 client and people want to rent a server, they'll see providers offering Teamspeak 3 servers to rent, people might wonder where are the TS5 servers to rent? They could lose potential customers because some people don't have basic knowledge of using a TS5 client works fine with a TS3 server so all they have to do is replace all the 3's with 5's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1556679074216.gif 
Views:	33 
Size:	817.9 KB 
ID:	18046
    Last edited by Trunkz Jr; June 29th, 2019 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    What if... It really is coming soon (for real this time), and providers are just saying TS5 servers because they do want not confuse people, because if they finally release TS5 client and people want to rent a server, they'll see providers offering Teamspeak 3 servers to rent, people might wonder where are the TS5 servers to rent? They could lose potential customers because some people don't have basic knowledge of using a TS5 client works fine with a TS3 server so all they have to do is replace all the 3's with 5's.

Name:	1556679074216.gif 
Views:	33 
Size:	817.9 KB 
ID:	18046
    or... you just do this.

Name:	2019-06-29 03_19_20-Server Hosting mit ZAP 2.5 - sofort startbereit & prepaid - ZAP-Hosting.com.png 
Views:	453 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	18047

You might know that Teamspeak is a german company, and we Germans are notorious for delaying big projects. You might have heard of BER, the new Berlin airport, which has become a laughing stock for its opening delays and increasing of costs.
    Construction began 2006 and opening should be 2011, which was first postponed to 2012, then 2013, then for a partial opening for 2014. Then there was silence, and the current opening is targeted for October 2020. Some doubt it will ever open. The construction cost started with 2 billion Euro, and is currently estimated as high as 7 billion Euro.

If we compare this history with Teamspeak 5, we are just at the beginning. So don't hold your breath.

In the meantime, I might entertain you with the fact that 68% of all IT projects fail. That's about 2 out of 3.

In case moderation sees this posting off topic or as insult, well, keep in mind that this mockery is well deserved due to your strange promotion moves (reddit reposts, alpha key picture puzzle, lottery) and plain wrong announcements since 1 year ago (beta release and "micro site").

Currently, one can only say for sure that TS 5 has all characteristics of vaporware. I especially recommend the paragraph about "early announcement" in that WP article and why this happens. Keep Discord in mind while you read it. If you are only a bit empathic, you should be able to feel the fear within the Teamspeak people.
    Last edited by Schlumpi; June 30th, 2019 at 12:22 AM.

@ScP can you at least give us an update. Something?

Yesterday I joined Planet TeamSpeak TS to show off my charm with @ScP to get info on TS5 .. in the end he said I'm too ugly and told me to get out and close the door. (actually it was idle for 2 hours but shhh). Good guys (and girls) from the development team if you need some fascinating Alpha testers do a little thought for us bad boys of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by RealSYOX View Post
    or... you just do this.

Name:	2019-06-29 03_19_20-Server Hosting mit ZAP 2.5 - sofort startbereit & prepaid - ZAP-Hosting.com.png 
Views:	453 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	18047
    Every ATHP doing this should get a warning from teamspeak and if they don't change it they should get removed from ATHPs.
    This behavior damages all other providers sustainably that use the correct terms, as many customers could think others do not offer support for the ts 5 client with their ts 3 servers.

We either need teamspeak to reach through or a clear name for the new server versions!
    Last edited by Riven; July 1st, 2019 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    Every ATHP doing this should get a warning from teamspeak and if they don't change it they should get removed from ATHPs.
    This behavior damages all other providers sustainably that use the correct terms, as many customers could think, others do not offer support for the ts 5 client with their ts 3 servers.

We either need teamspeak to reach through or a clear name for the new server versions!
    You can't actually buy a "TeamSpeak 5" Server on their Website they removed it.

Name:	2019-06-30 18_50_12-Window.png 
Views:	321 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	18055

Here is the only Page that you can visit

https://zap-hosting.com/en/teamspeak-5-server-mieten/

so, there's no teamspeak 5 server. teamspeak 3 clients & teamspeak 5 clients are able to access the same teamspeak server.
    to EN: try to translate it by yourself, it's german.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zap1.PNG 
Views:	232 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	18056   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zap2.PNG 
Views:	196 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	18057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zap3.PNG 
Views:	130 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	18058  

When will those who won the beta (the 100) plus there 2 extra key be sent out it been over 100 days since the first an only email has been sent out.

Quote Originally Posted by WaspEma View Post
    Yesterday I joined Planet TeamSpeak TS to show off my charm with @ScP to get info on TS5 .. in the end he said I'm too ugly and told me to get out and close the door. (actually it was idle for 2 hours but shhh). Good guys (and girls) from the development team if you need some fascinating Alpha testers do a little thought for us bad boys of the forum

Could you explain this a bit more?

Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    No informations given yet, but maybe very soon at the gamescom 2019. Teamspeak will present the newest beta client or they'll send the keys out, not sure about this now but let's stay patient for the future.
    In other words: You have nothing of substance to contribute to this discussion but decided to post anyway to justify that your account got unbanned because you magically became a nice person all out of the sudden?

Seriously. This thread is a total joke. I don't understand why they keep it open anymore.

In other words: You have nothing of substance to contribute to this discussion but decided to post anyway to justify that your account got unbanned because you magically became a nice person all out of the sudden?

Seriously. This thread is a total joke. I don't understand why they keep it open anymore.
    Are you an Alpha Tester? you seem to know something.

Edit: i just got confirmation from someone that Randomhost is a real alpha tester for Teamspeak 5. Maybe he can bring some light into the darkness here.
    Last edited by mazeman; July 1st, 2019 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mazeman View Post
    Are you an Alpha Tester? you seem to know something.

Edit: i just got confirmation from someone that Randomhost is a real alpha tester for Teamspeak 5. Maybe he can bring some light into the darkness here.
    To be honest, you shouldn't get your hopes up. The closest you'll get on updates to Teamspeak 5 and the alpha tests is yours truly https://twitter.com/syoxTS . He was also allowed to test it, is not allowed to say anything but how he likes it, but he posts the version numbers of his client as screenshot proof, that there is progress being made, which is comforting imo. I don't know him personally, haven't really spoken to him , so I can't give you any details.

Is only italian humor, but probably in English it does not do the same effect

Thread Information