Forum

Page 12 of 116 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: TS5 discussion

Here we come late 2018

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    What do you expect with the word "new" ?

More details about current ServerQuery development
    We are currently working on a change for TS3 ServerQuery and plan to release it in next server update.
    Don't want to go into details yet. But i can tell this has been requested several times.
    And still no news of a future version ... to believe that teamspeak does not wish to become the leader again

I am disappointed for me it is the best software to communicate. But discord and arrive and everything to switch

teamspeak has lost far too many users to hope to create a new community on this software

I hope a new version to restart the activity on teamspeak but impossible without effort on your part

I understand that there will be a new graphical interface of your software

Then finally you apparently only work on the query query.....

How to say you are going in a direction that I do not understand

When news of a progress of your work, I have more the impression that you seek to take money with your ads to the right-to-left con. There are people! But to give us news of this new version well there I find no information and become impatient

Cordialy

I hope that:
    1. ts5 will be released
    2. server version will be developed for ARM architecture

That's some slight gravedigging there, although I guess that's still on topic.

Personally I would also like for the opportunity to use the TeamSpeak 5 as soon as possible to monitor and report all the potential issues and make further suggestions on how to improve it.

If what we have heard so far is true, then we have a good future awaiting TeamSpeak.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowtag View Post
    i fully agree with that, if you meet player they always ask like "whats teamspeak" and ye, i really do not install Discord thats why the Gameplay then doesn't work.

So, i hope they will release it soon, i don't wanna spend my christmas gamig Time on Discord.

Thats something I wouldn't wish to anybody, with how badly Discord is optimised for CPU and memory usage of the PC, and with how horribly they treat the individual user privacy.

I do think most of the arguments and discussions in this thread completely ignore the fact,
    that it doesn't matter how good or bad a product is or how much the company behind those products cares for it's customers.

You can see that perfectly with Apple, Facebook et al. They don't give a shit about their customers, but they are still extremely successful.

To me it seems that presentation is key. Discord manages to get more new users in a month than TeamSpeak has in total. But I don't think that this is merely the fault of TeamSpeak. Discord pleases a different community and was filling the gap/need for a combined online forum and live chat in a pseudo community style focused on streamers/gamers etc. and they just managed to be there at the right time and deliver something the community wanted and managed to accrue enough funds to start enormous advertising campaigns and partnerships with huge streamers and developers to actually pull in a big enough user base to now be the player in the communication field.

I guess it is the same as with WhatsApp. They just have the user base to crush their competitors even though every other product is way better or has more features. People just go the easy way and don't want to change much and as far as I can tell. TeamSpeak didn't lose many of it's users due to Discord. TeamSpeak just lost all possible new clients/users to Discord and some of the older users just quit completely.

"Teamspeak 5 cooming End of 2018"
    Its now 21.12.18....

Where is my teamspeak 5

Quote Originally Posted by Neolox View Post
    "Teamspeak 5 cooming End of 2018"
    Its now 21.12.18....

Where is my teamspeak 5
    That was a Typo... they meant 2019

@TS Team: How about some teasers (Screenshots?) at least?

end of 2018 meant end of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi89 View Post
    I do think most of the arguments and discussions in this thread completely ignore the fact,
    that it doesn't matter how good or bad a product is or how much the company behind those products cares for it's customers.

You can see that perfectly with Apple, Facebook et al. They don't give a shit about their customers, but they are still extremely successful.

To me it seems that presentation is key. Discord manages to get more new users in a month than TeamSpeak has in total. But I don't think that this is merely the fault of TeamSpeak. Discord pleases a different community and was filling the gap/need for a combined online forum and live chat in a pseudo community style focused on streamers/gamers etc. and they just managed to be there at the right time and deliver something the community wanted and managed to accrue enough funds to start enormous advertising campaigns and partnerships with huge streamers and developers to actually pull in a big enough user base to now be the player in the communication field.

I guess it is the same as with WhatsApp. They just have the user base to crush their competitors even though every other product is way better or has more features. People just go the easy way and don't want to change much and as far as I can tell. TeamSpeak didn't lose many of it's users due to Discord. TeamSpeak just lost all possible new clients/users to Discord and some of the older users just quit completely.
    Well said....

But I believe the major playerbase of normal users who do not give a shit about privacy found it easier to hang around on discord.

It provides free server and the android client.
    User interface is much better than teamspeak, chat system is better and gives ample opportunities to have various bots.
    Additionally it can be integrated with steam.

Few of the above reasons were enough for most of the users of my community to move from teamspeak to discord.

If they do not provide any information by Christmas i surely believe after much hype they do not have much to show up and the date will be postponed to some date in 2019.

So if the game is coming this year, if you think it's coming then?

I'd rather wait some longer than being presented with a half finished prototype like far too many computer games released in the last couple of years.

I don't see the point in threatening to switch to competitors or leaving the forums forever unless they meet their deadline. It won't speed up the development process.

I also don't understand how so many people are so super excited about the new release. TeamSpeak's primary purpose is to run in the background so you can have conversations with people while playing a game in the foreground. All the extra stuff like file transfers and chat is basically just sugar on top.

I'd be satisfied with a more modern user interface. I personally don't need a thousand extra features and the ability to waste most of my time exchanging funny memes on TeamSpeak 5. And I'm willing to wait since TeamSpeak 3 still works absolutely fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    I'd rather wait some longer than being presented with a half finished prototype like far too many computer games released in the last couple of years.

I don't see the point in threatening to switch to competitors or leaving the forums forever unless they meet their deadline. It won't speed up the development process.

I also don't understand how so many people are so super excited about the new release. TeamSpeak's primary purpose is to run in the background so you can have conversations with people while playing a game in the foreground. All the extra stuff like file transfers and chat is basically just sugar on top.

I'd be satisfied with a more modern user interface. I personally don't need a thousand extra features and the ability to waste most of my time exchanging funny memes on TeamSpeak 5. And I'm willing to wait since TeamSpeak 3 still works absolutely fine for me.
    Speak for yourself, TeamSpeak has been our for like 10 yrs Iím pretty sure people have waited long enough, had discord not come around they probably wouldnít even attempt to change anything. We lose potential Players all the time just because people arenít willing to use TeamSpeak over Discord.

Itís like you are telling people to choose between an old car with manual roll down windows and a sexy new one with all the bells and whistles, try asking girls out in your old car and see how many noís you get before someone finally says okay... Itís steam winter sales, people are now having their holidays m, many will be buying games and spending time playing them, nows their best chance to get peoples attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    Speak for yourself, TeamSpeak has been our for like 10 yrs I’m pretty sure people have waited long enough, had discord not come around they probably wouldn’t even attempt to change anything. We lose potential Players all the time just because people aren’t willing to use TeamSpeak over Discord.

It’s like you are telling people to choose between an old car with manual roll down windows and a sexy new one with all the bells and whistles, try asking girls out in your old car and see how many no’s you get before someone finally says okay... It’s steam winter sales, people are now having their holidays m, many will be buying games and spending time playing them, nows their best chance to get peoples attention.
    +1
    Its just a matter of time until Discords Voice functionality is "mature" enough to completely overrule Teamspeak's.
    Even Privacy could be enhanced by using End-to-End Encryption.
    And than its like always in our disruptive World: Why should People use #2 if they can have #1?

I think the only Problem here is the lack of Communication. But thats just a horrible Marketing Strategy. (Or they really dont have anything)

Lets wait for the "Big Prize" tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by cavejohnson7 View Post
    +1
    Its just a matter of time until Discords Voice functionality is "mature" enough to completely overrule Teamspeak's.
    Even Privacy could be enhanced by using End-to-End Encryption.
    And than its like always in our disruptive World: Why should People use #2 if they can have #1?

I think the only Problem here is the lack of Communication. But thats just a horrible Marketing Strategy. (Or they really dont have anything)

Lets wait for the "Big Prize" tomorrow
    why big price tomorrow, do you think it will come tomorrow or what?

Check out Teamspeaks Christmas Giveaway: https://twitter.com/teamspeak/status...42075651010561
    Tomorrow is the End of the "12 Days Christmas" - What point should this Campaign have if not to promote TS5?

I could be wrong... maybe the Big Prize is just an Teamspeak Coffee Mug lets see

Thread Information