Forum

Page 26 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Our Team is hardly working on the client for a beta release.
    I really really hope that this sentence is a grammar mistake. Otherwise I don't know how to feel about TeamSpeak being that late with their release plan and now openly admitting that they are not even really working on the new client.....

Thanks for confirmation, but we already know that your team is hardly working. Proven by the major feature stagnation since 3.0 release 9 years ago, given the broken previous addon site laying in waste for years, the half-but-not-thoroughly cooked current addon and myteamspeak site (wanted to be a state of the art addon-store, ended up as an early pre-alpha of it), given the mess of different stages of corporate identity on the different parts of your websites.
    (please look up in a dictionary what hardly actually means, it's a false friend)

Producing a 5.0 client cannot be so difficult. You buy the dark theme from Brady_The, change some icons, rearrange the subwindows within the client, and release it as official 5.0 client. I really expect not much more, since the big change announced and released in the middle of 2018 was - a new logo! A new logo and a merchandise shop! What a change! And new licences, more expensive and cutting the free one.

Well, you know, the customers expect voip and collaboration features, and they get a new logo and higher prices. Now you even announced a whole new client with a whole new major version number. This can really be no less than a new skin for the client and a new version number. Still no really useful features, but new is cool.

I buy the same washing powder for 30 years, but in the ads its always new, new, brand new. But under the wrapping, it's still the same old powder. Discord is a new powder. A better powder. Its production results in much more environment pollution than your powder, but it simply makes the cloths way cleaner than yours already. And we are not interested in a clean environment, we are interested in clean clothes.

Don't worry we read all the posts in here and in suggestion thread.

The Microsite is under review and you get informed as soon it is online.

And yes a part of the Team is still working on the server.
    This work doesn't interrupt or will delay TeamSpeak 5.

For those wo read this or did send me messages:
    Sorry I can't give you any date or details.
    You should have mentioned this on December 31st that you guys are hardly working and you are in no hurry to release the beta client.
    Microsite is most probably hardly reviewed and its just online to ease your conscience.
    A part of the team who is hardly working on the server as you felt needless to update your client and catch up with other VOIP apps.

All in all a hardly working team who neglects their permanent user base. Soon when everyone moves to other voice platforms Tim the blue mascot will be hopping door to door begging people to come back but people will ignore you as well because no one cares for the ones who cannot satisfy their customers on time.

Enjoy the hardly working life :P

I must say that I am a bit surprised that this thread attracted enough people to actually get a mini sh*t storm going. And most of you didn't even sign up just to join the flaming. The question is: Where have you been all the time? I guess some of that feedback could have been useful while those issues were arising.

Who knows. Maybe they would have taken their TeamSpeak 5 release planning a bit more seriously if their upper management had the impression that they couldn't get away with basically everything.

Our Team is working hard on the client for a beta release.
    And yes a part of the Team is still working on the server.
    This work doesn't interrupt or will delay TeamSpeak 5.

For those wo read this or did send me messages:
    Sorry I can't give you any date or details.

Edit
    A german is hardly speaking any english ;D

thank you for the correction

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    I must say that I am a bit surprised that this thread attracted enough people to actually get a mini sh*t storm going. And most of you didn't even sign up just to join the flaming. The question is: Where have you been all the time? I guess some of that feedback could have been useful while those issues were arising.
    A failed 5.0 release date is the smallest issue with Teamspeak. I don't consider this a shitstorm. It's still just criticism. Where have I been all the time? I was always here, but I cannot create a hate post every day, this gets boring and non-constructive. If you followed my posting history, you'd see I picked up the demand of modern features for years and made quite constructive proposals. I even changed my stance about the chat over the years from supporting the spartan but functional irc-like Teamspeak chat to supporting a rich Whatsapp-/Discord-style chat.
    My last good posts about this are about a year old, which is when I gave up about Teamspeak. Given the visible results, I assume none of such kind of proposals and wishes were ever read, and least of all considered in thinking about making new designs.

After that, I was unable to hold off myself from time to time, but actually there is nothing more to say about this topic. It is too late for Teamspeak to keep up. It has already become legacy software, regardless of whatever release may come. Teamspeak failed to invest and grow the company when the income was still high.
    Last edited by Schlumpi; January 24th, 2019 at 01:52 PM.

When even the teamspeak support has us somewhere
    Dear supporter, it was not me who announced that teamspeak will be in Q4 2018.

Name:  ts5.PNG
Views: 811
Size:  28.0 KB

For me a Microsite doesn't help out the Situation, it's anyway too late for a microsite. You should give the People asking in Forum at least the ability to help out with the Beta, test it -> write review -> publish them so other people know whats going on here.

The thing with the Microsite was nice to hear in December, but now we are waiting for a release, at least a open beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowtag View Post
    You should give the People asking in Forum at least the ability to help out with the Beta, test it -> write review -> publish them so other people know whats going on here.
    That could be an option and we thought about it, but honestly... I think a lot of the people behaved quite immaturely (especially in this thread) so I'd rather not provide beta or even alpha access to those individuals.

I value criticism and feedback... as long as it's constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Estes View Post
    When even the teamspeak support has us somewhere
    Dear supporter, it was not me who announced that teamspeak will be in Q4 2018.
    Zendesk is a well known helpdesk platform, just do a quick search and you will see lots of companies use it, from small to multinational, there's no point doing in-house support system when a better alternative exists in the market and for the fraction of the cost of what develop and maintain an internal one would cost.

with that said, I had the opportunity to see some screenshots shown to us at gamescom 2018, now here's the trick part, if those were actually screenshots or high detailed mock-ups that I can not tell since they were shown on a phone.
    Last edited by creativewild; January 25th, 2019 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    That could be an option and we thought about it, but honestly... I think a lot of the people behaved quite immaturely (especially in this thread) so I'd rather not provide beta or even alpha access to those individuals.

Yeah i fully agree with that, but also keep in mind that peope also just are fustrated of waiting. I really appreciate that you do hard work. You should not take anything posted here personally. It is mostly how the communication did not work on the TeamSpeak side. It's about the Product / the Delay / the communication, but not on any Person itself!

Im very glad that you are responding now, that feels so much better as we know that we are heard, and you are still on the Work
    Also keep in mind, that everyone which is frustrated of waiting, must be Teamspeak addicted! As myself too =)

Keep going!
    Last edited by Rowtag; January 25th, 2019 at 01:03 PM.

Thumbs up

I agree with Rowtag -

I think in todays "online-world" words are quite harsh and written in no time - but the reasoning for it is that people actually care about the product.

Moreover are a good percentage of the people here server or license owners with communitys behind them who cannot easily change their community platform but still want to see what teamspeak will provide for them in the future. They somehow count on it and lack of communication is easily taken as occuring problems.

A few WIP screenshots to ease the long lasting pain of waiting would be highly appreciated by the community I guess..

Nice passive aggressive statement, and to think people actually care about Teamspeak... Your attitude as an individual and as a company is disgusting.

In the end, we the users made Teamspeak. This is why discord is winning, gaining more followers, they communicate with their users in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezel View Post
    Nice passive aggressive statement, and to think people actually care about Teamspeak... Your attitude as an individual and as a company is disgusting.

In the end, we the users made Teamspeak. This is why discord is winning, gaining more followers, they communicate with their users in detail.
    +1 to this guy, Teamspeak developers acted immaturely too when they missed the deadline and showed no interest in answering the curioisity of their users.
    I can bet if they postponed the deadline to a later date people will get mad a little but their trust won't be broken.

Everyone who has a community on teamspeak was excited and discussed it with our fellow community members how the new version will be but at the end of the 4th quarter we had no answers for the people in our respective communities, no doubt everyone is so pissed off. Its hard to build up groups and communities and harder when groups abandon us for discord.

Thread Information