Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 27 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Rowtag View Post
    ..., but also keep in mind that peope also just are fustrated of waiting.
    I'm fully aware and we're thankful for all of your suggestions and the feedback we're receiving. But some of the comments we're getting in this thread just aren't helpful at all.

Please note that TS5 is not just an update to the TS3 client, but a complete rewrite with a whole new technology stack. Our developers are working hard (not just hardly) to make this an awesome update. Just a little more patience guys...

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    I'm fully aware and we're thankful for all of your suggestions and the feedback we're receiving. But some of the comments we're getting in this thread just aren't helpful at all.

Please note that TS5 is not just an update to the TS3 client, but a complete rewrite with a whole new technology stack. Our developers are working hard (not just hardly) to make this an awesome update. Just a little more patience guys...

Hello, I'm really happy that you react, know that my members piss me off TS for discord, I just tell them that I do not agree and that the TS5 server and client will arrive very soon, I hope to be right and to have prevented my members from engaging in discord, know that I am totally against discord, confidentiality is paramount.

I still have a question will the installation be exactly the same where we have to do a totally different installation (server)

as said before : a few WIP screenshots would help.

There's more valuable information in this one post than anything that has been posted previously. We value your efforts but people are just infuriated that a time frame was provided and missed with little to no information given as to why or what's happening.

If there's anyone who should be given beta/alpha access to TS5 it's your paying clients whom are the backbone to your business. I'm already aware that I wont receive beta access ever because you guys hate me anyway

Can we expect some more information on your new technology stack/methodology soon?

I value criticism and feedback... as long as it's constructive.
    So you guys want constructive criticism? Okay, we can do that:

Q3

- TeamSpeak Systems annouches a new TeamSpeak 5 mid Q3 2018.
    - Then on the Gamescom at the end of august you show a demo/video/screenshots to some visitors.
    - Meanwhile you change the company logo and start reworking the license model

Most people are quite hyped at this point, me included. You guys did everything right.

Q4

- Then silence. For the full length of Q4 there was no info, no official blogpost/forum post. Nothing. Only random replies in random threads like this here.

Some people are getting nervous/unhyped during this time, but still Q4 is not over and enough people are defending TeamSpeak Systems. It is still okayish

End of Q4

- around one week before Q4 ends you announce the beta is not coming out now and don't give us any new date. So basically indefinitly postponed. Again, not as something official or so... no. Only on page 22 of a mega thread in the forum.
    - you announce a mircosite for mid January

Too little, too late. Why not announce at beging of December that you wont make it? That would have been only a minor problem vs not saying anything till the last day. At this point the mood is tipping. Even hardcore fans are now questioning the decisions and we get anything at all.

End of January / Now

- mircosite still not up
    - no teasers/features
    - memes start to get posted (always a good sign that things go south)
    - announcement to not release beta anytime soon to start getting feedback because still buggy and people are "not nice on the forum"

This is it. You guys kinda outdone yourself, again. Instead of being sorry to you loyal customers and show something (UI mockup/Feature list/A special feature/anything) to calm the people down, you even kinda threat them to give constructive feedback.

So I may ask. about what? THERE IS NOTHING TO GIVE FEEDBACK ABOUT. Besides you(TeamSpeak Systems) handling PR poorly in the year 2018/2019.
    Every single information we have as a community is either by guessing or community members that maybe saw the demo or have more insight into technical stuff.
    For example: There is still no official announcement about TS5 server or not?? You only said they are TS3 compatible, but that can mean they can also connect to TS3 servers.

But I understand that you want feedback. So I try my best to give some now.

1.) You have and use social medias like Twitter. Utilize them. Currently you guys are losing ~35 followers a day because you post only bullshit there. Random Reddit threads and memes/gifs. That has zero to do with TeamSpeak, since TeamSpeak does not even has a official Reddit presence.
    Why not give you social media guy something to post and make his job easier? Here a line if you have a global offline friend system with message system now:
    "Wanna see if your friend is online so you can message him, even tho he is not on your server? Don't worry we have you covered for that #TS5 #ComingSoon #SignUpForBeta BETALINK"

2.) Be open about your delays. Silence is not always golden.
    Just because someone is not talking about something that doesn't mean it will magically go away.
    See Star Citizen. (Yeah its a big AAA game, I know. Way out of the league for this comparison, but still).
    They had a few major delays in the past and also acted like you guys just did. Not saying anything until the last day. Hell, they even announced that they won't show a very big and long promised demo on their own CitizenCon, 2h after the con already started...
    But they learned and are now competently open about their timelines and even give weekly updated to their internal issues/blockers and how many tasks are done for feature X.
    I don't say to make it that extrem. But a monthly official update blog would have been nice.

3.) Start getting feedback from the user. Why only give us access to the "final" Beta? Why not start getting feedback earlier?
    The customers know what they want (most of the time). So if we can start giving feedback earlier, it is easier for you guys to still change or scrap stuff. Or even add something you didn't though about.
    Don't act like the AAA games where the Beta is only for balancing stats.
    That way we get a new TeamSpeak version slapped onto us and are stuck with it for the next ~10 years because "big new features are not possible, since they would break to much now".

Those are my2cents
    Last edited by Dimos; January 25th, 2019 at 09:45 PM.

@Dimos Couldn't have said it better myself <3

Dear Team Do you have something to tell us?

@Chris @dante969 @ScP

Smile

Please note that TS5 is not just an update to the TS3 client, but a complete rewrite with a whole new technology stack....
    That right there, while not much, is interesting information.

Appreciate that perhaps for TS5 you're too far down your current path to change course, but for TS6 I think it's fair to say that releasing little snippets of information in a blog would help keep your community positively engaged. In my view, you should be sharing information such as the above and providing use-cases on how this will benefit the community and canvasing for feedback.

Maybe once the micro-site is there it will be the first step on a path that will allow you to engage more positively with your community. Please remember that we're not clairvoyant; if you don't provide any tangible demonstration of what you're working on and miss your self-imposed deadlines then it's perhaps to be expected that there will be speculation (good and bad).

Full disclosure: I'm a hobbyist rather than an ardent user of TeamSpeak (though still pay for license to support), but I would like to see you do well and I feel that perhaps there have been missed opportunities to reset expectations with the community once the self-imposed Q4 release was missed.

At this point, I'd like to link to this hidden forum. These posts are 10 years old and show the amount of communication we got regarding the TeamSpeak 3 development process (minus everything that was probably exclusively on the old website).

Now compare that to what we got today.

But since we now finally got someone who at least talks to us on a regular basis, let's hope that this change will be rolled out to social media platforms too. Because this is how it should have been in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    At this point, I'd like to link to this hidden forum. These posts are 10 years old
    That is crazy.. i think if ScP starts again to post there, this Thread here would not get so much attention and we would not ask every day about an update.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    At this point, I'd like to link to this hidden forum. These posts are 10 years old and show the amount of communication we got regarding the TeamSpeak 3 development process (minus everything that was probably exclusively on the old website).

Now compare that to what we got today.

But since we now finally got someone who at least talks to us on a regular basis, let's hope that this change will be rolled out to social media platforms too. Because this is how it should have been in the first place.
    I wonder why they stopped this practice? Seems like such a better way to communicate with your users rather than complete silence.

--------- maybe the next teamspeak client has the option or force you to input your discord account ID, ..... to work with all new features ......................

sorry but i get more and more bad feelings about the company behind teamspeak ........

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Don't worry we read all the posts in here and in suggestion thread.
    This is even more concerning that you guys are actually reading the posts yet fail to reply to peoples concerns or take a very long time to do so (or have a moderator do it for you), even if you don't know English you could just pass information in German and we'll translate it. You guys have failed to communicate with the public about TS5 (no Q4 release, microsite, etc) and don't even publicly apologize for it. How many read these forums? Not many, you should be doing this on your social media sites, etc.

Why can't you change your image like you changed your logo, stand up and be an honest company, apologize for lack of communication and show that you are better than discord, you could release TS5 and it could be 100x better than Discord but if the public image of you is that you don't care then many won't support you even if your product is better and right now word is spreading that you guys just don't care and simply ignore and they are completely right, your actions speak far louder than words, we aren't being unreasonable in these forums asking for info (we aren't asking you to spill the beans) just be honest with us if you can't release until March then just say so don't ignore it's insulting to the people who have supported you for so many years.

I really understand the high level of frustration and I know you're all (more or less) enthusiastic TeamSpeak users. But you've got to understand this:

TeamSpeak is and has always been different. We donít force you to use cloud services or harvest your data since we value your privacy. We want to create powerful, flexible communication tools where you can decide how things should work. We don't want to tell you how you should use your stuff. Let's take a look at the competition. There's a client with a UI that looks quite neat at a glance, but is actually confusing, hard to use, laggy and unresponsive at times... If THAT were our goals and we wouldn't care for security and privacy like we do, we could have released TS5 a long time ago. What we want to do is provide a secure VoIP communication solution you can trust. Also, we want to give a much more powerful user interface to our pro users, but at the same time make this the dream UI for the average joe. We want to span the range. Things like this take time.

We'll try to be more open and provide more information. Again... just a little more patience please. Just think about the importance of a first impression.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to address them.
    Last edited by ScP; January 26th, 2019 at 12:53 PM.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to address them.

thanks again for communicating!

Do you have any new ETA regarding the microsite or/and Beta?

Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    Do you have any new ETA regarding the microsite or/and Beta?
    Not at the moment. We'll publish a release date as soon as we're sure we can make it happen.

I think everyone knows where this "Q4 2018" thingy got us. Would hate to break another promise...

Thread Information