Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 28 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    I really understand the high level of frustration and I know you're all (more or less) enthusiastic TeamSpeak users. But you've got to understand this:

TeamSpeak is and has always been different. We don’t force you to use cloud services or harvest your data since we value your privacy. We want to create powerful, flexible communication tools where you can decide how things should work. We don't want to tell you how you should use your stuff. Let's take a look at the competition. There's a client with a UI that looks quite neat at a glance, but is actually confusing, hard to use, laggy and unresponsive at times... If THAT were our goals and we wouldn't care for security and privacy like we do, we could have released TS5 a long time ago. What we want to do is provide a secure VoIP communication solution you can trust. Also, we want to give a much more powerful user interface to our pro users, but at the same time make this the dream UI for the average joe. Things like this take time.

We'll try to be more open and provide more information. Again... just a little more patience please. Just think about the importance of a first impression.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to address them.

Can you elaborate on your technology stack that will be behind TS5, will it still use the same server as TS3? What's actually different on that front?

Are we able to see some design previews/mockups?

What do you think about dev posting like you did in the past as linked above?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Can you elaborate on your technology stack that will be behind TS5, will it still use the same server as TS3? What's actually different on that front?
    As we've already stated in the past, TS5 is a client. It's using the same server so TS5 and TS3 clients are interoperable.

Are we able to see some design previews/mockups?
    Soon™.

What do you think about dev posting like you did in the past as linked above?
    I like it. That's something we'll discuss internally tho.

As we've already stated in the past, TS5 is a client. It's using the same server so TS5 and TS3 clients are interoperable.

Soon™.

I like it. That's something we'll discuss internally tho.
    Sounds good, appreciate you being vocal and making the effort to give us some info!

Does TS5 bring more MyTeamSpeak features too?

Does TS5 bring more MyTeamSpeak features too?
    I can neither confirm nor deny the existence or non-existence of new features.

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence or non-existence of new features.

Give us some more hints on what's to come!

New in-game overlay? Please..

@ScP

Do you know how many new releases will come out and if they will all come out at the same time as there will be progressive updates for new features?

Give us some more hints on what's to come!
    I offer my hand and you try to take the whole arm...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon34 View Post
    Do you know how many new releases will come out and if they will all come out at the same time as there will be progressive updates for new features?
    Yes, there'll be multiple beta stages and the TS5 feature set will expand over time.

I offer my hand and you try to take the whole arm...

What did you expect? You can only blame yourself here!

We need moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also what happened to planetteamspeak?

There is so much hate, pain and threats of people leaving teamspeak to join another platform. I say to you please do so and leave. It's like 11 year old child who's candy was taken from him and he throws a temper.

To be honest, I know there were rumours that TS5 will be released Q4 2018 then it was mentioned that a microsite will be released mid January and that didn't happen as well. Both of these announcements were not official (though released by TeamSpeak staff) I considered these "announcements" to be teasers, sure I got some hopes and then a little disappointment but that's ok. I will wait as long as it takes and I will not leave teamspeak even if they decide to completely abandon the new release. I'm using this platform since TS2 all through TS3 beta and a true fan will think the same.

The only suggestion is to be more open with community regarding TS5. I would be happy to get a teaser here and there, maybe some riddles, gather the community, solve it and discover a "secret screenshot" and all that sort of thing. What I mean is a decent PR built up. That's it from me.

I'm really looking forward to the new client and hope that some friends of mine will finally leave Discord.
    I can understand that no details can be made public yet.
    But if you write Q4/2018 and then don't get any Info´s at all it's not ok either.
    I don't know how far you've gone with the client and server customizations since making the TS5 client work with the TS3 server.
    But as already written a little more at Info´s would be great.
    I just assume that you want to make the beta client very stable, which I personally welcome.
    Keep up the good work and I hope that soon more Info´s will come to light.

I hope there will be a "text channel only" system like in Discord. Then I will move back completely to Teamspeak.

Quote Originally Posted by Fubister View Post
    I will wait as long as it takes and I will not leave teamspeak even if they decide to completely abandon the new release. I'm using this platform since TS2 all through TS3 beta and a true fan will think the same.
    Well i don´t think thats right. People in here with communitys have to rely on solutions that provide them and their communitys the maximum amount of convenience and features aswell as a platform where they can recruite new people.

We´ve seen that many of the MMORPG guilds went to discord right away after it launched and ego-shooter communitys are also slowly diminishing from teamspeak.

In recruitment forums for various games you can often read the sentence that a person is "looking for a clan, discord only" - which is a bad sign imho.

What im trying to say: Yes, we are able to wait. But there is a point where a specific community in a specific gaming environment has to go with the flow to recruit new members and keep their community alive. Regardless of how big your or their fandom is.

We'll try to be more open and provide more information. Again... just a little more patience please. Just think about the importance of a first impression.
    This.

I completely understand that you guys need to have a near perfect polished UI for the first release, since looks matter nowadays more than functions or missing features. I know that.

But what triggers me personality is that you showed it already to people at GamesCom.

So if you guys had made a post about the delay in mid December but gave us like a few concept arts/wireframes about the new client as a "sorry for the delay, take this meanwhile" this wouldn't have "escalated" nearly as big as it has.

Also you talking to us now and answering some questions is actually what we (or at least I) wanted. Even if we don't get much informations since you want to show them rather then talk about it, at least there is some kind of interaction with a official staff member. That way we don't feel like being ignored, even if we don' get much more infos.

I also liked this: https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...3-Alpha-Tester

I would have loved to get something like this as a teaser or so.
    I really hope you guys can turn it around and come back in touch with us.

@the other posters here.
    Don't abuse this new "communication level" please. We don't want them to just stop it again, because we are stretching it to far.

The idea of a developer's blog here on the forums is a really nice take, and I do hope the idea resurfaces once again.

On another note, I would like to provide a suggestion regarding the future TeamSpeak 5 client:

As some of you know, with Discord you have the "text channels" and "voice channels". While I suspect that text channels will be implemented into the new TeamSpeak client major release, one thing would be really nice to have considering a basic TeamSpeak server can hold up to 32 users.

To battle this limitation to a great extent, and to transform TeamSpeak into more than a "run-on-demand program" and into a "constantly running communicator" (like Steam or Discord), is to add an unlimited amount of text-only users to the server.

Basically this would work like this:

The server has 100 unique users.
    32 are online and connected to existing voice channels, thus filling the server's slot limitation provided by the lack of licensing on the server.
    20 are online and not connected to any existing voice channel, however able to text freely with others by the use of the aforementioned text channels, as well as private message system.
    The rest of these users are of course offline.

If an unallocated, online user would attempt to join a voice channel when the server is "full", then this action would return with an error "The amount of voice slots for this server is currently full.".

Thank you for reading and possibly considering this suggestion - it would be great to see this one make it into the live version, because this would open up the gates to TeamSpeak to people who just want to use the text, without being limited by the fact that most of the TeamSpeak communities use a 32-slot server, or use a pay-per-slot option with a lesser amount of slots from the ATHP.

Thats something i'd like to hear Many thanks for that.

Thread Information