Forum

Page 6 of 116 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: TS5 discussion

Are there any news yet?

Regarding Release Date, UI, Licensing, etc.?

Nope no news... becouse the developer hate us 😩

no they're busy

We are already in Q4, and I hope we start the beta early and have the first information

Why are people so euphoric about something they know nothing about?

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Why are people so euphoric about something they know nothing about?
    I mean, it's already exciting to hear that after so many years, the makers of a great piece of voice communication software are close to releasing a beta for their new software.

Another thing to take into consideration is that Discord has grown massively and pretty much took over a big portion of former TeamSpeak users.
    While Discord may be nice to use, it is VERY limiting in terms of specific permissions, there is no ability to have a private voice channel text chat box, server connection while in voice channels can drop randomly very often (which I guess is fair enough because at the end of the day you pay $0 for Discord servers) et cetera.

The few downsides mentioned above make me hyped for TS5 because even though we know nothing about it yet, there is always a chance it's going to be similar, but most likely better than Discord.

I feel that this could also be the case for other people that are hyped for TS5 hence why people, including me, get all euphoric and hyped about it.

I hope that there is a webcam and screen-sharing option, like in discord. Those things are modern standards. I really want more cool functions, i dont need those things from the ad "more chat functions", "improved api" (i even think, 99% percents from the users, even dont use the API function, beside a TSViewer), "more privacy" (never had a problem with TS3). The actual ad sounds like it is trying to sell old things to a new version. I hope there will be more...

Question TS5 Client join TS3 Server - possible?

I just want to know if the teamspeak 5 client will be able to join teamspeak 3 servers because there're no teamspeak 5 servers to see yet. If yes will users be able to create a back-up and import the teamspeak 3 server files to the new teamspeak 5 server files?

I don`t think there will be a Teamspeak 5 Server Version in the Beginning. Maybe later after some Updates and new implementations of upcoming functions and features.

With TS5 being a client only software there will be good compatibility between TS3 and 5 in the beginning and users have time to update on their own without the problem that they can`t connect to older TS3 Servers or TS3 Users can`t connect to new TS5 Servers.

I bet after a year or so TS3 Support will be discontinued and all Users will have to Update to TS5 Client + Server because older Versions are no longer Supported.

But asides my thoughts on TS5 Server or Client...
    Some Information on TS5 would be appreciated. I mean at least some Information about Functions, Compatibility or Release Date.

The beta announcement with the statement "TS5 beta is nearly ready to launch" was 2.5 months ago.
    That in my opinion is not "nearly".
    I really thought to get my hands on the TS5 beta by end of august or september with a final (stable) release by the end of this year.

But sadly there are absolutely no news. Just useless giveaways, badges and empty marketing blah blah...
    Sponsorship License Status states: "Registration is closed - check back in a few days" for about half a year now...

Well, if "in a few days" equals about half a year then "nearly ready to launch" might be somewhere in 2020

Teamspeak is too secretive. They've always been like that. They "seem" cool and trendy through Twitter/Facebook, but it looks so try hard with giveaways and such. Like mixing formal(company's face) and informal (social media).

boehseronkel nailed it...

The information-policy right know is garbage - I simply can not call it anything nice.
    You (Teamspeak Systems) should be trying to hype a release to attract new users.

Instead everyone gets hyped because TS5 is announced and then? Month after month there is no new info at all.

Giveaways on Facebook and new merch are nice to have, yes they are, but it is far more important to update your community on the progress you are making. There is simply no reason to be so secretive about it as I highly doubt that TS5 will offer anything Discord does not already have - and even if that's the case you can simply decide to not show us such specific features yet.

Keep in mind:
    Everyone that is deciding for Discord right now will (most likely) not change back to Teamspeak if there are no really significant new features and improvements (and I mean more than just to be "on par" with Discord).

It is far more easy to convince people to use Teamspeak in the first place than to convince them of changing their Voiceserver later on...

There's no news because there is no ts5 all hype all bs..................

why would you want a web cam on a gaming chat?

What is taking so long with Teamspeak 5

Why is it taking so long without so much as a word of an update. This isn't a way to promote your new product. Along with what I told my clan mates about the new Teamspeak so now it would be easier to recruit people into Teamspeak. It's a beta, not finale release, let the community shape and give feedback to the software!!!!!!
    Last edited by dante696; October 20th, 2018 at 04:46 PM. Reason: merged

I say it often but here again: there's no offical release date so NONE here in this forum will be able to tell someone the final beta release so stay patient.

Thread Information