Forum

Page 93 of 118 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1760

Thread: TS5 discussion

  1. #1381
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by tshost View Post
    Where do you see that? Can you point us to his server?

    You know, it's funny, I've been one of the most patient ones here, defending Teamspeak (in my head) from Day 1 on the delays and lack of communication, but at this point, I have no words... the lack of professionalism has been eye opening, to say the least. Total loss of credibility, and for what purpose? The silence is deafening.
    They just fucked them self over with that early announcement. I really have no clue why they thought it would be a good idea to announce a new client that early when they don't have a beta client already. Looks like they announced it at the same time they started working on it or soon after starting.

    Guess Discord put them really under some pressure so that TS was forced to make this early announcement move. But as we can see that shit backfired heavily.
    I guess if they would have just stayed silence for another 2-3 Quartals (aka announcing it around now when you look at the timeline) and just ignoring the weekly "can we get a modern client" thread in the forums, then they wouldn't have had as much backslash as they have now.

    But hey.. now we are here and play the waiting game and need to stop being "toxic" otherwise we won't get the beta at all
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    ...
    I think a lot of the people behaved quite immaturely (especially in this thread) so I'd rather not provide beta or even alpha access to those individuals.
    ...

  2. #1382
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    60
    He didnīt provide the beta or even an alpha access to individuals who won the contest. So it doesnīt matter how you behave.
    Immature however is the lack of communication and being passive agressive.

  3. #1383
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    They just fucked them self over with that early announcement. I really have no clue why they thought it would be a good idea to announce a new client that early when they don't have a beta client already. Looks like they announced it at the same time they started working on it or soon after starting.

    Guess Discord put them really under some pressure so that TS was forced to make this early announcement move. But as we can see that shit backfired heavily.
    I guess if they would have just stayed silence for another 2-3 Quartals (aka announcing it around now when you look at the timeline) and just ignoring the weekly "can we get a modern client" thread in the forums, then they wouldn't have had as much backslash as they have now.

    But hey.. now we are here and play the waiting game and need to stop being "toxic" otherwise we won't get the beta at all
    I just hope u increase slots on your license or make some shit free so kids can have their own server.

    Or maybe TS Staff just failed and doesn't have any idea how to beat discord.

    I can bet they are not sure how to bring people back from discord who got addicted to free shit. I don't disagree why pay when u can have that for free lol.

  4. #1384
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    They just fucked them self over with that early announcement. I really have no clue why they thought it would be a good idea to announce a new client that early when they don't have a beta client already. Looks like they announced it at the same time they started working on it or soon after starting.

    Guess Discord put them really under some pressure so that TS was forced to make this early announcement move. But as we can see that shit backfired heavily.
    I guess if they would have just stayed silence for another 2-3 Quartals (aka announcing it around now when you look at the timeline) and just ignoring the weekly "can we get a modern client" thread in the forums, then they wouldn't have had as much backslash as they have now.

    But hey.. now we are here and play the waiting game and need to stop being "toxic" otherwise we won't get the beta at all
    Well, they had years of time for that client. They just messed it up.

  5. #1385
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post
    Well, they had years of time for that client. They just messed it up.
    Went to Japan for two weeks I come back and still no TS5 news, man TeamSpeak you really blew it, if I have to tell our community for our May meeting once again no news about TS5 then I’m done covering for you guys we’ll be putting up our Discord vote and you can enjoy ignoring the fan base who support you for whatever reason you have if you can’t respect us to give us info, apology, release, anything at all why should we respect you enough to stick around? Silence is hurting you more now than telling us false dates, people here would probably wait until June or July if you at least told them and gave info but you remain silent hoping to buy that little extra time, very sad, like I said before I hope a news website picks this up and rubs your noise in it you very much deserve a spanking for the crap you are pulling right now.

  6. #1386
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    I can bet they are not sure how to bring people back from discord who got addicted to free shit.
    The good thing about this is that a lot of people from the EU care about their data and Iīd say that this is where TeamSpeak got popular in the first place, so I guess it wonīt be that hard to get older users back to TeamSpeak 5 who care about their data. The problem with that is that younger people donīt really care nowadays. Thatīs sad but also how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    I don't disagree why pay when u can have that for free lol.
    For the reason I mentioned above: data/privacy. Also you donīt have to pay for TeamSpeak. I hate that everyone brings up the "Discord is free and TeamSpeak costs money" argument in any discussion. If you are the user you donīt have to pay shit to use awesome TeamSpeak. Only the server hoster needs to pay. Whatīs the point when literally anyone can create a server and be the admin and abuse the power. Iīm glad those people left because since Discord came out I never had the problem from trolling TeamSpeak server admins again.

    Does it just seem like it or did TeamSpeak release quite a few updates(server) in a short amount of time in the last weeks/months compared to no TS5 times?

  7. #1387
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by D0mm4S View Post
    The good thing about this is that a lot of people from the EU care about their data and Iīd say that this is where TeamSpeak got popular in the first place, so I guess it wonīt be that hard to get older users back to TeamSpeak 5 who care about their data. The problem with that is that younger people donīt really care nowadays. Thatīs sad but also how it is.

    For the reason I mentioned above: data/privacy. Also you donīt have to pay for TeamSpeak. I hate that everyone brings up the "Discord is free and TeamSpeak costs money" argument in any discussion. If you are the user you donīt have to pay shit to use awesome TeamSpeak. Only the server hoster needs to pay. Whatīs the point when literally anyone can create a server and be the admin and abuse the power. Iīm glad those people left because since Discord came out I never had the problem from trolling TeamSpeak server admins again.

    Does it just seem like it or did TeamSpeak release quite a few updates(server) in a short amount of time in the last weeks/months compared to no TS5 times?
    Discord still does not sell your data in any way. How often do I need to explain that in this thread? Their data policy says they don't and their business model is also not based on data, but on cosmetics and services like their store. Many other companies only life from that and it works very well. Selling data would actually decrease the income of discord because it would hurt their reputation. Why would they do this instead of staying with their constant money flow?
    Last edited by floprott; April 22nd, 2019 at 02:48 PM.

  8. #1388
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post
    For the reason I mentioned above: data/privacy. Also you donīt have to pay for TeamSpeak. I hate that everyone brings up the "Discord is free and TeamSpeak costs money" argument in any discussion. If you are the user you donīt have to pay shit to use awesome TeamSpeak. Only the server hoster needs to pay. Whatīs the point when literally anyone can create a server and be the admin and abuse the power. Iīm glad those people left because since Discord came out I never had the problem from trolling TeamSpeak server admins again.

    Does it just seem like it or did TeamSpeak release quite a few updates(server) in a short amount of time in the last weeks/months compared to no TS5 times?
    Discord still does not sell your data in any way. How often do I need to explain that in this thread? Their data policy says they don't and their business model is also not based on data, but on cosmetics and services like their store. Many other companies only life from that and it works very well. Selling data would actually decrease the income of discord because it would hurt their reputation. Why would they do this instead of staying with their constant money flow?
    Very much true, been using TeamSpeak since 2005 myself and it’s never been because of safe data but because I enjoyed the layout and style as I do today. I hate the layout for discord but if we move I’d rather get use to their ugly layout than continue this disrespect they keep giving us, could care less if they sold data or not big deal in this day in age everyone is probably doing it it’s more of who can hide it the best. If their selling point is to say secure data this isn’t going to be enough to bring people back.

  9. #1389
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Posts
    133
    For the reason I mentioned above: data/privacy. Also you donīt have to pay for TeamSpeak. I hate that everyone brings up the "Discord is free and TeamSpeak costs money" argument in any discussion. If you are the user you donīt have to pay shit to use awesome TeamSpeak. Only the server hoster needs to pay. Whatīs the point when literally anyone can create a server and be the admin and abuse the power. Iīm glad those people left because since Discord came out I never had the problem from trolling TeamSpeak server admins again.

    Does it just seem like it or did TeamSpeak release quite a few updates(server) in a short amount of time in the last weeks/months compared to no TS5 times?
    Actually the free argument comes up everytime because this is what killed the userbase of teamspeak. I am pretty sure they haven't figured out a way to fix this. TS is all about low RAM and data privacy which is not good enough excuse to bring TS5 with just some upgraded graphics.

    Whatīs the point when literally anyone can create a server and be the admin and abuse the power.
    In my honest opinion thats what people want here man. They don't give a damn they want an awesome interface for voice comms and chat both TS is famous for voice only while discord is famous for both. I'll just have to switch from server to server to find my friends because everyone owns a discord server and no one wants to stay in one place because everyone owns their own server.

    I am still following TS because it served my purpose until now but in the coming future it won't because my people have left and joined discord.

    If TS Developers think earning money through licensing will be easy i am telling ya its not gonna work with your current tough licensing prices. Most of the people here do not earn enough money from the people using their TS and are just doing some community service. You destroyed NPL licenses now so that community service is not possible.

    People want a chat system like discord, you cannot do that if you limit slots on servers. Either you will just create a group chat system like steam where u can add potential participants through your friends list (In this case the group chat will not be associated with any server and running on TS servers itself) In this case no one should believe in your privacy clause anymore :P. In this case you will definitely need your own servers which u do not have right now other than some host in Germany and US at max.

    In case you host the group chat system privately you will just disable the slot system for the chat only but then the webclient and mobile apps will be dependent on the server host which will keep all the notifications running and consume a lot of bandwidth and ram which ultimately brings the low ram & bandwidth usage clause down to the ground.

    If they figure this shit out nicely I think TS5 will still become the best voice comm software outperforming discord in every way.

  10. #1390
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post
    If you are the user you donīt have to pay shit to use awesome TeamSpeak. Only the server hoster needs to pay.
    Lie.

    PlayStore(Android)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bnm5PFQ.png 
Views:	346 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	17771
    Appstore (iOS)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X8xde79.png 
Views:	307 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	17772

    Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    the webclient and mobile apps will be dependent on the server host which will keep all the notifications running and consume a lot of bandwidth and ram which ultimately brings the low ram & bandwidth usage clause down to the ground.
    I really don't get this argument anymore. Its 2019. You need to actively search servers to rent that still have a data cap.
    And also RAM usage is kind of a joke. I mean server have more than enough and clients as well. Especially when you target gamers with your "gamer voice com software". I mean the latest games require 8GB of ram... and recommend 16GB for max settings.
    So I don't really understand the argument of using 100 to 200mb less RAM than Discord as being "superior".
    It is still in the low 3 digits.
    I mean even Google drive sync uses 300mb already.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WLN42DI.png 
Views:	377 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	17773

    At least with discord I have regular feature updates and communication from the devs. I gladly give them a few hundred MB more of ram for that.
    Last edited by Dimos; April 21st, 2019 at 02:54 PM.

  11. #1391
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Lie.
    Where is that quote from?

  12. #1392
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Ciudad Real, Spain
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Lie.

    PlayStore(Android)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bnm5PFQ.png 
Views:	346 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	17771
    Appstore (iOS)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X8xde79.png 
Views:	307 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	17772



    I really don't get this argument anymore. Its 2019. You need to actively search servers to rent that still have a data cap.
    And also RAM usage is kind of a joke. I mean server have more than enough and clients as well. Especially when you target gamers with your "gamer voice com software". I mean the latest games require 8GB of ram... and recommend 16GB for max settings.
    So I don't really understand the argument of using 100 to 200mb less RAM than Discord as being "superior".
    It is still in the low 3 digits.
    I mean even Google drive sync uses 300mb already.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WLN42DI.png 
Views:	377 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	17773

    At least with discord I have regular feature updates and communication from the devs. I gladly give them a few hundred MB more of ram for that.
    I disagree, I play Guild Wars 2 on a 12yo computer at 30fps, which is okay. If I play with teamspeak open it runs on 29/30FPS but if I play on Discord it runs on 5FPS. It's unplayable if I use discord. That's because discord uses our GPU because it's an embedded browser. I'd always prefer teamspeak over discord becuase of that.

  13. #1393
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Saelyth View Post
    I disagree, I play Guild Wars 2 on a 12yo computer at 30fps, which is okay. If I play with teamspeak open it runs on 29/30FPS but if I play on Discord it runs on 5FPS. It's unplayable if I use discord. That's because discord uses our GPU because it's an embedded browser. I'd always prefer teamspeak over discord becuase of that.
    As he said: itīs 2019.
    You should invest in a new computer in the next few years... A relatively up-to-date one is around 1k ~ 1,2k

  14. #1394
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    As he said: itīs 2019.
    You should invest in a new computer in the next few years... A relatively up-to-date one is around 1k ~ 1,2k
    That isn't your call to make honestly

  15. #1395
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post
    Where is that quote from?
    Dunno what you mean with that. But if you mean my quote on you, then just simply click the arrow inside the quote and it will jump right to the post where you said that.
    Also here:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mH8Nflk.png 
Views:	401 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	17774

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.2.3
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 20th, 2018, 12:39 AM
  2. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1.7
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 27th, 2017, 03:49 PM
  3. [Discussion] Client 3.1.5
    By dante696 in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: July 30th, 2017, 02:20 AM
  4. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3.1.1 Beta Discussion
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 10th, 2017, 06:02 PM
  5. Find a discussion group
    By Chaffer in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 4th, 2015, 10:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •