Forum

Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 1,756 to 1,760 of 1760

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    What exactly do you think myTeamSpeak is then? The TeamSpeak 3 server clearly has no support for storing user's bookmarks so there must be some sort of magic involved, right?
    Yes, absolutely right. The TS3 server doesn't care jack shit about the users local bookmarks. This gets handled by the TS3 client or the myTeamSpeak sync service, which isn't much more than a small profile worth a few kb that needs to get send every time a client syncs.

And now you really want to store the chat for each server or user on a centralized myTeamSpeak server? So a huge amount of traffic, because every clients needs to fetch those messages when he joins server X? Very clever.
    And this would also mean, that every time the myTeamSpeak server is down (Which happend quiet a lot in the past) you can't access the chat history of your local/own server.

Furthermore local/LAN server wouldn't be able to use the chat history at all.

And you also belief, that TeamSpeak, a company that claims to value the privacy of each user wants to handel all the chat data? So they will give away huge amount of data when they get hacked/have a security hole?

Please think before posting such nosense.

Uhmm I am humbly requesting and begging them to answer one question:

Is there even 1% chance that you will bring TS5 to public beta stage in 2019?

This is the last post before I retire myself from this stupid TS forum forever cuz Idgaf about TS5 coming in 2020. The development is given to some 5 year old kids who are good for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Furthermore local/LAN server wouldn't be able to use the chat history at all.
    Who said that the local server chat is going away? What if they just added the global cloud stuff on top of what they already had? 🤔
    And you also belief, that TeamSpeak, a company that claims to value the privacy of each user wants to handel all the chat data? So they will give away huge amount of data when they get hacked/have a security hole?
    You mean like synced myTeamSpeak bookmarks which TeamSpeak claims are already encrypted so that doesn't happen? 🤔
    Please think before posting such nosense.
    You are so busy being angry at TeamSpeak that you seem to completely rule out the possibility that they might be doing at least some things right.

And this is why I can't take you serious anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    Who said that the local server chat is going away? What if they just added the global cloud stuff on top of what they already had? ��
    Nobody said that. As you quote me I said chat history wont be available for LAN servers.

You mean like synced myTeamSpeak bookmarks which TeamSpeak claims are already encrypted so that doesn't happen? ��
    Encrypting something that is mostly static and only gets synced a few times a day is something else than storing hundreds or thousands of messages per second. I really really don't think TeamSpeaks wants to handle that amount of traffic, given the fact that it is a rather small company with no history in hosting (besides from the accounting and myTeamSpeak server).

You also might want to have a read about this topic: https://blog.discordapp.com/how-disc...s-7fa6ec7ee4c7

You are so busy being angry at TeamSpeak that you seem to completely rule out the possibility that they might be doing at least some things right.

And this is why I can't take you serious anymore.
    First of all, I'm not angry at Teamspeak. I feel more salty and being dumped, but hey, nothing that should worry you
    Secondly, you seem to have little to no knowledge about software architecture and limits. As well as TeamSpeaks business architecture.
    I mean you are the one that brings up the magic stuff with the idea of TeamSpeak hosting a separate server to just handle all the chat entries. Worldwide. On all Teamspeak servers.
    Even tho you and I know TeamSpeak doesn't even host TeamSpeaks 3 server for customers.

The only possible solution for this is of course integrating the chat into their Server product, which will probably happen sooner or later. And I was only worried that such a crucial feature is still not being tested as of yet, because we know what the TS3 server offers, which is the base for the alpha testers.

That is all I wanted to say. But you choose to go full ballistic and come up with some very strange ideas that do not fit the concept of TeamSpeak philosophy about being the owner of your data.

Name:  xEJQDDy.png
Views: 4741
Size:  63.1 KB

Because if they choose to store your data we could start using the same argument that all the people use in this forum against Discord. Data selling.

Sorry guys... but this „discussion“ is over now. Feel free to provide constructive feedback or ask meaningful questions about TS5 in new threads.

Thread Information