Forum

Page 112 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1738

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    Unfortunately, you are mistaken. This is not the version number. It is the amount of lines of code in the source.
    They want to make it perfectly done so give them some more time, it's not easy to get something like that.
    Do you want to have a rushed product or a perfect working client?

Stay patient, there's no reason to complain now.

Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    a perfect working client?
    I quote you on that again if they release it and it is still a buggy mess.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpe View Post
    the server version has nothing to do with the client version
    Yeah thats what i heard since 2018 but apparently the dream project doesn't seem to be compatible with the version of server they are providing. TS Server was around 3.3.0 when they announced way back in 2018. With the release of 3.9.0 there is no space for 3 left in the server side. The next version that comes out with major update pushes the server version to 4.

Why do u think there is no info, no pics, no feature reveal till date? Looks like they are not ready yet. Not at least for TS5.

Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    Yeah thats what i heard since 2018 but apparently the dream project doesn't seem to be compatible with the version of server they are providing. TS Server was around 3.3.0 when they announced way back in 2018. With the release of 3.9.0 there is no space for 3 left in the server side. The next version that comes out with major update pushes the server version to 4.

Why do u think there is no info, no pics, no feature reveal till date? Looks like they are not ready yet. Not at least for TS5.
    It is compatible. TS5 is in Alpha Testing right now. And they could do whatever they want with the version-number. TS3 can provide offline messages right now and thats all you need for TS5 rest is client only.

Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    TS Server was around 3.3.0 when they announced way back in 2018. With the release of 3.9.0 there is no space for 3 left in the server side. The next version that comes out with major update pushes the server version to 4.
    Sure. Everybody knows that two-digit version numbers are strictly forbidden in semantic versioning, hence a version like 3.10.0 can never exist. Makes total sense, now that you mention it.

Hey, so just a note for the TeamSpeak Systems GmbH team. The latest api update broke the ts3video plugin made by mfreiholz and it has been used by my community for quite some time. I love Teamspeak very much and just how much control I have running it. However a video feature is a MUST in TS5, so please if it's not being worked on, mfriholz is a software programmer and very talented from the looks of his Github. Hire him as a freelancer to update this and implement it... Please!

Also GIB US MICROSITE OR I GO TO DISCORD! (I think that's how we protest here right guys?)

Edit: mfreiholz has updated the plugin, much love for that! Hopefully this API update was the last big one before TS5... I'd hate for him to have to do it again. Also, Teamspeak Systems... Hire him! Make it native!
    Last edited by Turbo123T3; June 29th, 2019 at 10:59 PM.

I did the most disgusting thing i've ever done and i did it for the future of my community. I boosted my discord Server. Im so done with teamspeak. this will be my last post. Thanks community for everything. Hopefully when im 50 teamspeak beta will start. As far as for my community im not happy about it but we had to do what we had to do. So disappointed in teamspeak team.Name:  discord sadness.PNG
Views: 588
Size:  54.9 KB

Cya all

One thing I can say tho, is that large communities that have switched over to discord, for example one that would normally have say 100-200 in TeamSpeak each day playing in voice channels, that on discord they get reduced to like 20 or 25 in voice areas, it completely kills the voice aspect of their community, if you want I can post stats but I think devs could monopolize on that aspect for bigger gaming communities. Many like ours use IPB forums, maybe find a way to work with them to include them too without having to use IPB mods to work with TeamSpeak.

Quote Originally Posted by tucamote View Post
    I did the most disgusting thing i've ever done and i did it for the future of my community. I boosted my discord Server. Im so done with teamspeak. this will be my last post. Thanks community for everything. Hopefully when im 50 teamspeak beta will start. As far as for my community im not happy about it but we had to do what we had to do. So disappointed in teamspeak team.Name:  discord sadness.PNG

Cya all

This is not your facebook wall, we don't care if you are going to use Discord instead of TeamSpeak, this is a TS5 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by tucamote View Post

Cya all
    same. discord is best program in terms of convenience on the market at the moment. and discord developers don't make false promises

Could ya'll already stop beeing so butthurt?
    This thread is here to discuss TS5, not to hate on TeamSpeak and fuss about what allegedly is better about Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    on discord they get reduced to like 20 or 25 in voice areas, it completely kills the voice aspect of their community
    Same will happen if TS5 will feature text channels as well.
    I don't get why you need all those people in voice for a community.
    I think the main reason why so many people are in voice on TeamSpeak is, they have no other option. If you want to appear online and "ready to play a game" or whatever your community is up to, you need to go online in voice. You can't just hang there like a query user or whatever.

So ofc in Discord, where being online without voice is an option people use it.
    And also having 100-200 user "in voice" doesn't mean they are talking.

We had on average around 20 to 30 ppl in the AFK corner and a lot of talk channels had just 4-5 random guys with a music bot in them. So yes, they are "in voice" but not really using this "voice aspect".

Really don't get your argument tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Same will happen if TS5 will feature text channels as well.
    I don't get why you need all those people in voice for a community.
    I think the main reason why so many people are in voice on TeamSpeak is, they have no other option. If you want to appear online and "ready to play a game" or whatever your community is up to, you need to go online in voice. You can't just hang there like a query user or whatever.

So ofc in Discord, where being online without voice is an option people use it.
    And also having 100-200 user "in voice" doesn't mean they are talking.

We had on average around 20 to 30 ppl in the AFK corner and a lot of talk channels had just 4-5 random guys with a music bot in them. So yes, they are "in voice" but not really using this "voice aspect".

Really don't get your argument tbh.
    Its that discord is kinda like a train station, that people pop on and see nobody playing and simply jump to the next discord they have where someone is, not everyone has it in them to be the first in the channel alone or are forced to start messaging friends if they want to play (on TS tho you are already there, might as well sit somewhere), it’s why so many probably feel it’s better to just host their own discord and play with just their close groupies that pop in each day. TeamSpeak on top of a website and forum helps provide a different more personal experience compared to what you get with discord, I just hope they figure out this and can cater to the larger gaming communities, since people donate to us we have no problem affording these things (TS, website, forum, etc) the problem is TS UI is so outdated it makes you want to cry on why it’s taken this long, that and allowing new players easy way to access TS. Yes you can have website and stuff with discord but let’s be real many websites and forums take a huge hit or die off once ppl move to Discord, if TS5 does text channels I’d simply just have 1 as a shoutbox type of thing and that’s it because I’d like my content to last 10+ years, not sure if discord keeps all your messages around that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    I’d simply just have 1 as a shoutbox type of thing and that’s it because I’d like my content to last 10+ years, not sure if discord keeps all your messages around that long.
    I don't get that line.

You only want one text channel/shoutbox because you want those messages forever? So you think it isn't possible, in 2019, to store the content of two text channels?

Also, Discord stated they never erase messages unless the user created server instance(Discord server) gets deleted or the message itself gets deleted by either the person who send it or the server owner/mod.
    I can also still search and scroll up to messages from back in 2016 on my Discord instance. Up until the very first message send on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    I don't get that line.

You only want one text channel/shoutbox because you want those messages forever? So you think it isn't possible, in 2019, to store the content of two text channels?

Also, Discord stated they never erase messages unless the user created server instance(Discord server) gets deleted or the message itself gets deleted by either the person who send it or the server owner/mod.
    I can also still search and scroll up to messages from back in 2016 on my Discord instance. Up until the very first message send on it.
    No, I’d only want one because I don’t need to take away from what gets posted on our forum, we have a system in which you get points based on everything you do in our community be it forum posts, logging on TS/website, events, bringing in new players, we only need 1 channel just as we do on our forums (the shoutbox) just for people to make shouts. Don’t get me wrong I may have used TeamSpeak myself since 2005 but I voted yes to move in our big community vote as seen 1 or 2 pages ago, I just think there ARE things TS5 could do better and I hope it’s why they are taking so long.

Thread Information