Forum

Page 16 of 118 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Something...

First, let me start by saying I hope you guys enjoyed your holidays and had a great time with your family and friends. Also, I'd like to thank all our community members for their continuous support and commitment to TeamSpeak. We know you expect the best and we'll continue to bring you the best. You're wondering what's going on with TS5. Our next-generation TeamSpeak Client is being tested and the feedback so far has been overwhelmingly positive. However, we're still in the process of polishing and tweaking things before we can make it available to all of you.

You probably guessed it already... TS5 will not be publicly released in 2018. Still, since we really appreciate your feedback, we will (very) soon publish a new microsite, where you'll get a glimpse of what the upcoming TeamSpeak Client version looks like.

Stay tuned!
    Holy shitbucket, that took a while...
    Your response is much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    When you say public a micro site, could we expect this 2018 ending or maybe very early 2019?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Something...

First, let me start by saying I hope you guys enjoyed your holidays and had a great time with your family and friends. Also, I'd like to thank all our community members for their continuous support and commitment to TeamSpeak. We know you expect the best and we'll continue to bring you the best. You're wondering what's going on with TS5. Our next-generation TeamSpeak Client is being tested and the feedback so far has been overwhelmingly positive. However, we're still in the process of polishing and tweaking things before we can make it available to all of you.

You probably guessed it already... TS5 will not be publicly released in 2018. Still, since we really appreciate your feedback, we will (very) soon publish a new microsite, where you'll get a glimpse of what the upcoming TeamSpeak Client version looks like.

Stay tuned!
    Software companies, including Discord had live public beta testing. Discord started off with alpha testing then to beta and now fully released. With a live public beta you could generate more interest and users for the new platform. A lot of users didn't believe me TS5 was coming out and moved to Discord, why because the only announcement was a twitter post.. and no follow up until now, just a forum post.

where you'll get a glimpse of what the upcoming TeamSpeak Client version looks like.
    We went months without a word from TeamSpeak about how TS5 would look and features that would be inlcuded.. I don't buy that 'keep it a secret so companies don't know what we're doing' crap, because you showed it to users at Gamescom and not us?

If it's not / or is going to have Discord breaking features then why even hide the fact TS5 is coming out.

Not very logical TeamSpeak.

Hi, Stop being blind guys, Teamspeak is already dead, all new teams are on discord now, even devs are on it.

They want you to be hiped, nothing much and stay on their old software mostly for money uh.

They said Q4 2018 months ago and now....nothing,2019 ??? guys are you serious ?

Time to move to Discord !

@Ectar

Me personally I do not care royally me what I know is that the software works very very well that my data is protected not sold as on the discord as you say

The real problem is the quality of the sound with Discord... really low 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Ectar View Post
    Hi, Stop being blind guys, Teamspeak is already dead, all new teams are on discord now, even devs are on it.

They want you to be hiped, nothing much and stay on their old software mostly for money uh.

They said Q4 2018 months ago and now....nothing,2019 ??? guys are you serious ?

Time to move to Discord !
    That coming from a guy who literally just created an account on the dead software's forums to post this.

I will never switch to discord! Discord is the worst communication program I have seen so far! Totally cluttered, no data protection, no own server and a bad voice codec!

Teamspeak is a very secure and advanced communication program, ideally designed for teams and community groups.

No matter how long Teamspeak 5 lasts, I'm really looking forward to the redesign! I already registered for beta 6 months ago and I'm curious to see what Teamspeak 5 can do.

Some information from the development team would be great what this Teamspeak 5 page should be online.

greeting

Killer0561 (Sascha)

Quote Originally Posted by Killer0561 View Post
    bad voice codec!
    Doesn't TeamSpeak and Discord use the same voice codec? The opus voice codec? http://opus-codec.org

So blaming Discord for choosing a "bad codec" means you also blame TeamSpeak at the same time....

just compare the discord and teamspeak voice quality and you will hear the difference.
    More worse is music streaming on discord... disgusding

They could be confusing codec with bitrate.
    Discord puts limitations on regular users. To get more clarity, to increase this significantly, you need to be in their partner program

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch. View Post
    They could be confusing codec with bitrate.
    Discord puts limitations on regular users. To get more clarity, to increase this significantly, you need to be in their partner program
    Yes bitrate is of course a issue. But the codec is the same and that is what they are talking about.

Its like blaming the car manufacturer if the company you rent the car from put in a speed limiter.

Will there be any support for ARM for the server side?

Quote Originally Posted by Killer0561 View Post
    I will never switch to discord! Discord is the worst communication program I have seen so far! Totally cluttered, no data protection, no own server and a bad voice codec!

Teamspeak is a very secure and advanced communication program, ideally designed for teams and community groups.

No matter how long Teamspeak 5 lasts, I'm really looking forward to the redesign! I already registered for beta 6 months ago and I'm curious to see what Teamspeak 5 can do.

Some information from the development team would be great what this Teamspeak 5 page should be online.

greeting

Killer0561 (Sascha)

Then you don't know many programs, Mumble and Ventrilo are extremely bad.

Sry for my bad english.

For me Teamspeak remains the best communication program. Teamspeak is still very concerned about privacy, I like that. I'm curious to see how Teamspeak 5 will become. I am sorry to have to say this, but Discord is a pure Data slingshot for me.

Thread Information