Forum

Page 94 of 116 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1738

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ondra3211 View Post
    What is this? Attachment 17775
    This? Is This!

Quote Originally Posted by boehseronkel View Post
    @ScP is already using TS5 5.0.0 client on his own Server.

Maybe some of the lead devs abandoned ship and they are trying to fix the chaos? Can’t image what their reason is to keep ignoring/communication lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    Can’t image what their reason is to keep ignoring/communication lacking.
    Indeed. Even the worst case scenario and biggest delay would have been accepted by anyone with an opinion worth listening to, if the team would have simply acknowledged the situation. Instead people were sent on a wild goose chase and received the silence treatment after that. It's very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    Who called the sherrif´s deputy?

-

Honestly - it´s just a suggestion.

Everyone in here knows that a 12 year old computer is probably limited in its capabilities and is, most likely, not the average gamers pc . (which seems to be the market they are aiming for). I just wanted to give him a price range.
    Obviously I would buy a new computer if I could, but I don't even have 100€, so 700 is waaaay out of my budget (living on red numbers for years now). What I'm saying is that ts3 is so far better for me because it does its job without creating issues in my specific scenario, while discord creates those issues. We don't know yet if TS5 will be in the same terms, but I'd assume it would if they are using the QT framework instead of an embedded website. We'll have to wait and see.

On an unrelated note, server 3.8.0 is on Beta and it works great without the 1024 characters limit for texts. I assume ts5 clients will be able to write that much while still allowing ts3 clients to connect.

You know what? My advice is that you should start selling out TS5 beta. I think its best for us now to accept the fact that you either lack the developers who can do justice with the new app or you just lacking some funds, the best way is to sell it out. Some of us will buy it but keep a nominal price say $5.

In case you are running out of funds the best way is to ask for donations or just send out beta to those people who buy it from you.

Get some better developers who can make some good shit then return back to us in a few months maybe we will all feel better than what it is right now.

Open some new jobs on forums like some Community Helper service and hire some people on forum who can give out some info so dante doesn't feel butthurt responding to the community members who still love ts.

Is it confirmed that the people who won the contest still have not received their key or are they helping test TS5 and we just don’t know it?

RIP teamspeak 2002-2019

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190225-110539_Brave.jpg 
Views:	2110 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	17790

From one of our members:

"I had heard that TS5, because of it's similarities to Discord they were having legal problems. If so it would explain the communication blackout and halt on the keys. I have had my fair share of being at floundering companies, and these are tell tale signs of a lawsuit."

Seems like another possible scenario, maybe their fighting a legal battle and aren't allowed to talk nor hand out keys?

Name:	4.png 
Views:	273 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	17791

If that is true that would mean that Discord is afraid of TeamSpeak. But, nothing in Discord is "new" to messaging to me, so I'm not sure what rights/infringements they would have to sue on. I guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    If that is true that would mean that Discord is afraid of TeamSpeak. But, nothing in Discord is "new" to messaging to me, so I'm not sure what rights/infringements they would have to sue on. I guess time will tell.
    I thought this too at first until I put myself in their shoes ~ If I were the #1 VOIP for gamers why would I allow my competition to look like mine just so they can take shares away which was clearly done on purpose they could have created something fresh and new but instead took Discords look and mixed in a little TS, I’d be pissed too and send them a cease and desist...

So if this is the case, you won’t be seeing TeamSpeak 5 for a long time if they plan to fight it (more so if they have to rework it), it took them that long just to take discord’s idea and mix in TS imagine if they go the route of a whole new fresh UI? They’d have to plan all over again... EVEN THEN in order to win over people already lost to Discord that’d have to release something ground breaking that gamers would really want and I doubt they have this ace up their sleeve, this may be the end of Teamspeaks chance to make a good comeback...

and aren't allowed to talk
    There is no chance that they can forbid a company a general notice about a software won't come out for a unspecific timeframe.
    That's on TeamSpeak.
    They could just have said "Because of unknown problems we run into, the release will be postponed indefinably". But they didn't.
    I mean they didn't replied in this Thread for what.... 30 pages or more?

It's TeamSpeak which has a communication problem. Which is ironically when you are a voice software company.

From one of our members:

"I had heard that TS5, because of it's similarities to Discord they were having legal problems. If so it would explain the communication blackout and halt on the keys. I have had my fair share of being at floundering companies, and these are tell tale signs of a lawsuit."

Seems like another possible scenario, maybe their fighting a legal battle and aren't allowed to talk nor hand out keys?

Name:	4.png 
Views:	273 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	17791

Sounds like total bullshit honestly, if that was the case why wouldn't slack sue Discord?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Sounds like total bullshit honestly, if that was the case why wouldn't slack sue Discord?
    The similarities are quite small if you dive a bit in it. Anyway, if there's a lawsuit then teamspeak would probably abuse that for PR, so we would know of it.

It's really disappointing all this, what I see is that there's NOTHING on the Internet, Reddit, or anything else (or so I looked for it wrong).
    I draw the conclusion that there is nothing to expect: it is the end...

I've been managing a team with TS for 12 years, I even have an NPL but Discord is too attractive, everything is on it!

By migrating on it, to the detriment of our (very relative) independence, we will replace:
    -Our TS
    -Our team Whatsapp
    -Our Forum
    -Teamviewer (for remote office troubleshooting)
    -Skype (for visios)
    -Our trombinoscope
    -Etc...

It's sad, but that's the way it is.

For me, TS is like Myspace: a great system that didn't know how to make the right decisions at the right time...

Bye Teamspeak, I had a great time with you!

Did beta ts5 winners received some news from teamspeak ?

Thread Information