Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 29 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Fubister View Post
    There is so much hate, pain and threats of people leaving teamspeak to join another platform. I say to you please do so and leave. It's like 11 year old child who's candy was taken from him and he throws a temper.

To be honest, I know there were rumours that TS5 will be released Q4 2018 then it was mentioned that a microsite will be released mid January and that didn't happen as well. Both of these announcements were not official (though released by TeamSpeak staff) I considered these "announcements" to be teasers, sure I got some hopes and then a little disappointment but that's ok. I will wait as long as it takes and I will not leave teamspeak even if they decide to completely abandon the new release. I'm using this platform since TS2 all through TS3 beta and a true fan will think the same.

The only suggestion is to be more open with community regarding TS5. I would be happy to get a teaser here and there, maybe some riddles, gather the community, solve it and discover a "secret screenshot" and all that sort of thing. What I mean is a decent PR built up. That's it from me.
    Same for me, I love teamspeak. My Community Teamspeak runs for over 4 years now with 8500 unique Users

Quote Originally Posted by ImScheinox View Post
    Same for me, I love teamspeak. My Community Teamspeak runs for over 4 years now with 8500 unique Users
    It's not a competition but me and my friends are running TeamSpeak public server since 2011 (That's how far we traced it, might be longer) we never, ever advertised our server to anyone, people just join in by word of mouth. Currently we have 23346 unique clients and 3376 active visits in the last 90 days. While these stats may not seem too impressive I'm really happy with my community. Someone mentioned there are posts made saying "looking for clan discord only" sure but I also see a ton of TeamSpeak only. In my honest opinion when they release TS5 and it's looks and features will blow the competition away to the moon, players will remain divided between TS5 and other platforms just like now. I just feel sorry for those who do not value or care about their privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    I can neither confirm nor deny the existence or non-existence of new features.

i read you previous post about ts5 that this is a client

i just want to know is there a ts5 server as well?

like teamspeak server 5.0.13.8...

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by farhadhelix View Post
    i just want to know is there a ts5 server as well?
    read this post:
    As we've already stated in the past, TS5 is a client. It's using the same server so TS5 and TS3 clients are interoperable.

I think it's good that the teamspeak finally intigriert into the conversation. As an enthusiastic user I am very thankful about that. And just wanted to ask if the micro page will go online in the next 2 months.

Teamspeak 5 News/Advertising? Keep us up to date

Hey TS5 Community!

First of all this is my first post here.

I want to be honest with all of you @Devs: I am a bit worried about the promised TS5 release, because it is really hard to get any information about it. Teamspeak 5 is barely advertised, no information about Beta Release(when?), no detailed informations on new features and its current status.

I doesnt feel like this is happening anytime soon, more like it is a dying software that less and less people in the gaming community care about.

You guys need to give us more information, feature updates, release date and more advertisement.

Cheers
    Last edited by dante696; January 27th, 2019 at 05:54 PM. Reason: merged

Thank you for the all infos.
    I'd like to suggest some featuresthat could be cool on TS5 client:
    1 Game Tracker - So when a user plays something you can see like " _user" is splaying _game
    2 Twitch/Steam and ohter platforms integrations
    3 Possibility for users to create their own bot, like a music bot or something else like this
    4 A user2devs communicate platform, like a forum
    5 A better overwolf (it is kinda buggy)

These are only my ideas and I don't know if you have already developed :-)

Thanks for everything and keep working!

2. Twitch is available
    3. It is possible with a third party software

Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    2. Twitch Intergration is already available
    3. Users are able to create their own bots which has a music player (playlist and stream) + scripts like AFK Mover or WelcomeMessage. (It's not official by teamspeak, it is a third party software) but it's working fine so it's not necesarry
    I know that already exits a Twitch integration, but I'd like to see a more efficent and modern feature. It could be cool that most used integration ( Welcome Message, Music Bot, AFKs mover) would be implemented in the client.

It would be great if there was a reputation system per user
    Last edited by T3KNO; January 27th, 2019 at 07:19 PM.

The non-answers are quite disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by iStinger View Post
    The non-answers are quite disappointing.
    What's your question?

Quote Originally Posted by Gumma View Post
    I know that already exits a Twitch integration, but I'd like to see a more efficent and modern feature. It could be cool that most used integration ( Welcome Message, Music Bot, AFKs mover) would be implemented in the client.
    Well they already said they will release a new client, not a new server. So those options are out, because they would need to run on the server side.
    Last edited by Dimos; January 27th, 2019 at 10:21 PM.

TS5 Questions

As we've already stated in the past, TS5 is a client. It's using the same server so TS5 and TS3 clients are interoperable.
    Is it safe to say then that the client will be limited by what TS3 is currently capable of when it comes to the server side? People are waiting for a real self-hosted alternative to Discord. This doesn't honestly require much. A new UI is a given, but:

- The ability to connect to a server without immediately dropping into voice
    - Text-only channels with server-side text buffers that can be scrolled back on after joining, with message editing and deleting being possible, along with permissions to control access to these features

These things are very basic non-negotiables. If text channels are not present, you will not gain a single person from Discord. I actually have to pair TS3 with Rocket.Chat to run my community (even though Rocket has awful, broken code) because TS5 is missing these basic text chat features. I'm really hoping this will change.

For as well as the paradigm hasn't aged well, TeamSpeak makes great, amazing, and solid code. I would love to move an entire community on to it if the outdated parts were updated.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope this actually addresses the shortcomings of TeamSpeak that prevent people from using it and isn't just a pretty skin that only TS diehards will ever appreciate.

What's your question?

Will ts5 be out by the end of the month hehe 😝

Thread Information