Forum

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 698

Thread: TS5 discussion

  1. #571
    Join Date
    April 2015
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    I don't get your point. This would just result in a higher price, because everyone would be forced to transfer more data than before. It would just take an option away from the users.

    If you want encryption, just pay for it.
    Just pay for it? Are you kidding me? Encryption is no luxuries. I don't (want to) know in what world you live but encryption is standard and necessary for a secure communication. So for you it is fine to have some random people listening to a talk that you and your friends are having just because you don't pay extra money for security? I don't like discord because I don't trust them but at least I don't have to pay to use their services over https ... You should be charged 1 - 2 Euro per service per month that you want to access via a secured channel. I mean "If you want encryption, just pay for it." LOL

  2. #572
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Konkol View Post
    What do you think where the place for a banner?
    indeed concerning if we look at what Blumiere posted.
    maybe its the thing in the top left corner.
    Another possibility would be the top right corner and im quite sure that we will get to see the puzzle piece for this corner tomorrow.

    Quote Originally Posted by florian2833z View Post
    Just pay for it? Are you kidding me? Encryption is no luxuries. I don't (want to) know in what world you live but encryption is standard and necessary for a secure communication. So for you it is fine to have some random people listening to a talk that you and your friends are having just because you don't pay extra money for security? I don't like discord because I don't trust them but at least I don't have to pay to use their services over https ... You should be charged 1 - 2 Euro per service per month that you want to access via a secured channel. I mean "If you want encryption, just pay for it." LOL
    see the point is of course that encryption is a nice thing to have.
    But oppositive of what you stated in your previous comment you will probably pay for it in some way or another.
    Itīs just optional to attract more users who donīt care about encryption as much as you do.

    BTW: if you canīt afford the cost of less than a euro per month (i guess thatīs the average fee for encryption) my advice would be to switch to the big D or make some members of your community pay for the monthly server rate.
    Last edited by mindo; February 6th, 2019 at 11:23 PM.

  3. #573
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3
    I hope they will not add that thing when you don't need to be on a server to speak with a friend...
    If they add this no one will stay on our servers and 512 slots licenses will be useless...
    Servers will be empty like on discord..

  4. #574
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by strrong View Post
    I hope they will not add that thing when you don't need to be on a server to speak with a friend...
    If they add this no one will stay on our servers and 512 slots licenses will be useless...
    Servers will be empty like on discord..
    What would be so bad about it? If you want to talk, hey you can just hop in the voice channel. If you don't feel like talking right know, your friends can still write you if you want to join a game of X or you can just close the client completely to go offline.

    I personally find this way more convenient.
    Also, those 512 license was made for big clans. Not everyone to just sit on it. There are already more than enough empty server our there that run on a NPL or "sponsored" license.

    They should just introduce custom licenses. Where I can pick the amount of slots that I want and can even adjust it live if I ever run into a slot problem.

  5. #575
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    What would be so bad about it? If you want to talk, hey you can just hop in the voice channel. If you don't feel like talking right know, your friends can still write you if you want to join a game of X or you can just close the client completely to go offline.

    I personally find this way more convenient.
    Also, those 512 license was made for big clans. Not everyone to just sit on it. There are already more than enough empty server our there that run on a NPL or "sponsored" license.

    They should just introduce custom licenses. Where I can pick the amount of slots that I want and can even adjust it live if I ever run into a slot problem.
    What's the point of haveing a servers if everyone will speak in privat and your server will be empty?
    This is what i like about teamspeak.. everyone is on one server..
    I had a server with 300+ players online everyday.. and it's more easy to make friends/play together.. then having 2000 on a discord server and no one on channels.
    This is my opinion

  6. #576
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by strrong View Post
    What's the point of haveing a servers if everyone will speak in privat and your server will be empty?
    This is what i like about teamspeak.. everyone is on one server..
    I had a server with 300+ players online everyday.. and it's more easy to make friends/play together.. then having 2000 on a discord server and no one on channels.
    This is my opinion
    You can probably still use the TS3 client version ban feature to ban all TS5 clients, later on.
    So everyone of your community is forced to be 100% online and afk in some afk channels.

  7. #577
    Join Date
    April 2015
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by florian2833z View Post
    What will be encrypted when using TeamSpeak 5? Do me and your community a favor and remove the option to disable the voice encryption since many providers want extra money to unlock the voice encryption feature. It should be naturally active. I thought privacy is a main goal of TeamSpeak. Will file transfer be encrypted?
    Instead of moving my threads, you could answer them because that is not something the community can guess @dante696

  8. #578
    Join Date
    April 2015
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    see the point is of course that encryption is a nice thing to have.
    But oppositive of what you stated in your previous comment you will probably pay for it in some way or another.
    Itīs just optional to attract more users who donīt care about encryption as much as you do.

    BTW: if you canīt afford the cost of less than a euro per month (i guess thatīs the average fee for encryption) my advice would be to switch to the big D or make some members of your community pay for the monthly server rate.
    Foreword: The teamspeak forum software is such a turd, no matter what you press after the click on edit on your mobile phone, your thread is getting deleted. Luckily, i had a backup of my words.

    Encryption is not a "nice to have" but a must have. Of course at the end I will pay in some way, not explicitly for encryption but for a combination of privacy and security. I know that the encryption fee is "just" one euro but that is only this small amount because teamspeak is the only services that charges additionally for this option. If other services would adapt an online system that charges for https as well, things would be significantly different. Imagine being forced to pay to use google over a secure channel because otherwise everyone on the wire can see what you search for and what your account credentials are. Not that nice, huh? And please don't bring up things like "if i dont have anything to hide, i dont need encryption". And by the way, hosting providers dont charge for encryption because it is so cpu heavy but because they can do so easily because teamspeak effectively gives them that option.

  9. #579
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumma View Post
    Thank you for the all infos.
    I'd like to suggest some featuresthat could be cool on TS5 client:
    1 Game Tracker - So when a user plays something you can see like " _user" is splaying _game
    2 Twitch/Steam and ohter platforms integrations
    3 Possibility for users to create their own bot, like a music bot or something else like this
    4 A user2devs communicate platform, like a forum
    5 A better overwolf (it is kinda buggy)

    These are only my ideas and I don't know if you have already developed :-)

    Thanks for everything and keep working!
    I think all of that is possible (at least partly), minus #5. I know the app scanner that is optional could be used to show apps/games you have running (it was part of TS3, but got kicked out to a plugin.


    My hunch on global chat is that it will tie in with myTeamSpeak account and allow chatting to friends via myTeamSpeak ID that may not be on your current server.

    And I bet 1M USD that TS5 will be released as beta before February 29th. (fine print not a real bet, but if you want to pay be when you loose I'm OK with that)

  10. #580
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    My hunch on global chat is that it will tie in with myTeamSpeak account and allow chatting to friends via myTeamSpeak ID that may not be on your current server.
    Ever since I saw MyTeamSpeak I suspected something like this too, not sure if TeamSpeak will do something centralised like this though.

  11. #581
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Ever since I saw MyTeamSpeak I suspected something like this too, not sure if TeamSpeak will do something centralised like this though.
    I think they would if they have TS5 supports using target client's public key to encrypt the message so the TeamSpeak server does not even have the private key to decrypt it. This would keep their no view policy I think. This also means the server is not decrypting and encrypting the data as is the current "connected to server" process as I understand it (sending client encrypts with server's public key, sends to server, server decrypts with private key, encrypts with each receiving client's public key, sends to client[s], client decrypts with private keys)
    Last edited by Screech; February 7th, 2019 at 07:29 PM.

  12. #582
    Join Date
    August 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    25

  13. #583
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    40
    assembly with 4
    Name:  Dy03gpQWwAE_sgI.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  155.9 KB

  14. #584
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Posts
    29
    So all the boring ones come first and u save the important ones for last . I think only columns on left with remaining 4 puzzle images matters the most but I could be wrong

    I also assume the chat colors can be either random or can be assigned by the server groups.

  15. #585
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    16
    seems like timestamps on the right which could mean that the chat between Adam and Matt is a privat chat window which would lead me to the conclusion that "scroll thing" on the left is a scroll through window for private chats.
    where is the high resolution guy?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 6 guests)

  1. boehseronkel

Similar Threads

  1. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.2.3
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 20th, 2018, 12:39 AM
  2. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1.7
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 27th, 2017, 03:49 PM
  3. [Discussion] Client 3.1.5
    By dante696 in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: July 30th, 2017, 02:20 AM
  4. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3.1.1 Beta Discussion
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 10th, 2017, 06:02 PM
  5. Find a discussion group
    By Chaffer in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 4th, 2015, 10:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •