Forum

Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by florian2833z View Post
    Encryption is not a "nice to have" but a must have. Of course at the end I will pay in some way, not explicitly for encryption but for a combination of privacy and security. I know that the encryption fee is "just" one euro but that is only this small amount because teamspeak is the only services that charges additionally for this option. [...] And please don't bring up things like "if i dont have anything to hide, i dont need encryption". And by the way, hosting providers dont charge for encryption because it is so cpu heavy but because they can do so easily because teamspeak effectively gives them that option.
    I work for an ATHP and we do not charge for encryption. We see ourselves as a kind of premium provider and thereby don't want to charge an "extra fee". It just doesn't look good and we don't want to restrict them.
    At the end of the day, every single customer pays it, everyone. And if you know the profit marge of ATHPs, you know that we have to. Funfact: 90 % of our customers don't even use it. The customer decides if encryption is a "nice to have" or not. And TeamSpeak will have to adapt. To have the option can't be a bad thing.

teamspeak is the only services that charges additionally for this option
    I guess, you talk about ATHPs here, TeamSpeak doesn't charge for encryption.

Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    seems like timestamps on the right which could mean that the chat between Adam and Matt is a privat chat window which would lead me to the conclusion that "scroll thing" on the left is a scroll through window for private chats.
    where is the high resolution guy?
    They are avaible on Twitter, don't know why people keep using the low res ones
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DytR3uLW...name=4096x4096

Is this better?

https://s2.gifyu.com/images/TeamSpeak5bc.png

It will look much better after 8-9 puzzle pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    I work for an ATHP and we do not charge for encryption. We see ourselves as a kind of premium provider and thereby don't want to charge an "extra fee". It just doesn't look good and we don't want to restrict them.
    That is totally fine and should be the standard, not the exception.
    At the end of the day, every single customer pays it, everyone. And if you know the profit marge of ATHPs, you know that we have to.
    TeamSpeak ATHP slot pricing is way too high and should definitely be lowered
    Funfact: 90 % of our customers don't even use it. The customer decides if encryption is a "nice to have" or not. And TeamSpeak will have to adapt. To have the option can't be a bad thing.
    The thing is, most people leave settings as they are if they don't want to spend their time investigating the features. You could change your sentence to "90 % of our customers use it" if encryption was enabled globally in the server template. Only very few people would intentionally disable it. Most of your customers just don't think about their security and that is partially fine because I don't expect anyone check the encryption before doing anything else. That is the point where you, as their provider, should step in and enable it per default. This would be a great favor for your customers. I bet most of them don't even know how to enable it.
    I guess, you talk about ATHPs here, TeamSpeak doesn't charge for encryption.
    I know that TeamSpeak Systems Inc. doesn't charge for anything but the slot count but you're paying for a feature in the product TeamSpeak no matter who receives the actual money. It is just unjustified to charge money for something that doesn't cost you (I mean ATHPs in general) money in the slightest.

That is the point where you, as their provider, should step in and enable it per default. This would be a great favor for your customers. I bet most of them don't even know how to enable it.
    That is the point many people are missing.

If someone rents a server/pays someone else to do something for them, that means he is unable to do it himself. This is true for virtual stuff as real life stuff.

So you cant assume from this fact (90% not using it) that they don't want it. Its only because they trusted you (Their Server Provider) with the setup and maintenance etc.

I bet if you would make a survey and ask if you guys should disable encryption (even tho it never was enabled in the first place) most of them would say hell no. Even though ┤they are not aware they aren't even using it now.

To explain this further. One can not assume that everybody knows everything about every topic. Otherwise we would not enforce https in the browser today as default.
    Otherwise this example is just as good as this one: "If the user wants, he can just go into his browser settings and go into the security tab and under advanced they can activate to use https as default, but 95% of our browser user don't do this, so we think they don't want it. So why bother to enforce it as default? »\_(ツ)_/»"

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    That is the point many people are missing.

If someone rents a server/pays someone else to do something for them, that means he is unable to do it himself. This is true for virtual stuff as real life stuff.

So you cant assume from this fact (90% not using it) that they don't want it. Its only because they trusted you (Their Server Provider) with the setup and maintenance etc.

I bet if you would make a survey and ask if you guys should disable encryption (even tho it never was enabled in the first place) most of them would say hell no. Even though ┤they are not aware they aren't even using it now.

To explain this further. One can not assume that everybody knows everything about every topic. Otherwise we would not enforce https in the browser today as default.
    Otherwise this example is just as good as this one: "If the user wants, he can just go into his browser settings and go into the security tab and under advanced they can activate to use https as default, but 95% of our browser user don't do this, so we think they don't want it. So why bother to enforce it as default? »\_(ツ)_/»"
    So fcking true.

server is alpha, with ts5 client?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06cc99d7ed2e53731bead5e5bf44675b.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.1 KB 
ID:	17492

version client:

Name:	3080fbc640b7606ae53b180a888021e1.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	832 Bytes 
ID:	17493

Gamescon

Is teamspeak going to be at gamescon 2019? saying TS5 is coming soon again?

You never know it can become a thing for every year of gamescon

An image every other day and it's possible that it may be only from a direct message.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpe View Post
    server is alpha, with ts5 client?

Name:	06cc99d7ed2e53731bead5e5bf44675b.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.1 KB 
ID:	17492

version client:

Name:	3080fbc640b7606ae53b180a888021e1.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	832 Bytes 
ID:	17493
    just found it... that looks sick.

Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    just found it... that looks sick.
    Are you sure that is not fake? Looks fishy to me ...

Check it on PTS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pts.PNG 
Views:	253 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	17494   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pts.PNG 
Views:	276 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	17495  

Not a fake.

But server is just the alpha version. We may use names like alpha 1 or beta 2 or other names with upcoming server 3.7.0 and future version.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Not a fake.

But server is just the alpha version. We may use names like alpha 1 or beta 2 or other names with upcoming server 3.7.0 and future version.
    So is the client version 0.0.1 TS5?

Development builds may not always use version numbers that make a great deal of sense, especially since there may be code within the TeamSpeak 3 server where having a proper version number like "5.0.0" might cause issues until that code has been updated to officially support the new client generation.

Since we already know that the TeamSpeak 3 server will support both TeamSpeak 3 and TeamSpeak 5 clients, we can assume that both clients will be using the same protocol, although TeamSpeak 5 will probably use a new version which supports more features.

And now that it's officially confirmed that the version seen here is "Not a fake", we can probably assume that these are development builds of the TeamSpeak client which are probably TeamSpeak 5 (or TeamSpeak 3 which might need to be updated as well so it doesn't get confused by new protocol features which it doesn't support).

Seeing that nobody is bragging about being accepted into the beta yet, I further assume that it's either still TeamSpeak 3 or a closed beta (at most) which also means that whoever got these builds probably had to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

So before you go about and start stalking those people: chill.

Everything is fine. You are likely not missing out on anything exiting yet.

Thread Information