Forum

Page 106 of 118 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1760

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Saelyth View Post
    I play Guild Wars 2 on a Windows 10 64x with a Q6600 proccessor (13yo) and a nvidia GT 440 (also really old) and 8GB RAM. Overwolf cripples my experience and I get it, it's my issue because I should have a computer from at least this decade, not from 2006, but it's what happens and I can't afford a new one.
    Dang, how do you play GW2 with that? I couldn't bother anymore with my i7-2600 and GTX560 and upgrade a few years ago, because the CPU was bottlenecking so hard on GW2. I mean even on min settings that must be more like a slide show, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    PS: The list on reddit which "someone" made received 40 upvotes within just two days. Apparently, some people do like spoilers.
    Someone... yeah. @ RandomHost a.k.a. Chi-Yu

However - thanks for this list.

Anyway, are you still going to update this article?

Quote Originally Posted by jayw654 View Post
    I have heard a major fallacy about Teamspeak which is not true. The confusion gets old so I'm going to clear this up and it about Teamspeak being free. Teamspeak is COMPLETELY free at no cost to anyone unless you want it hosted.
    Same argument for any other service. Client is nearly all the time free, for every platform.
    Oh wait, not with TeamSpeak and Mobile.

If anyone has a computer to setup as a server you simply install the server file of TS3 and then to connect to your server with a client on another machine.
    That way you lose the "superb" audio quality that a lot of people give TeamSpeak credit for in this Thread. Because a home connections tend to give you a few % packet lose. Especially for the periods where the user downloads something. Funfact, Discord and TS3 use the exact same audio codec. Infact, TS3 uses Opus 1.1 and Discord 1.2 since January 2018.
    But TeamSpeak is still evaluating Opus 1.2 + 1.3. Might ship with next major release. Soon™
    https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/134831-opus-1-2

Teamspeak offers 32 slots for free or you can get an NPL to have 512 people across up to 10 servers. 512 people is plenty for anyone and its free just fill out the NPL form.
    Wrong, the 10 server limit was changed to 2 in 2014. Since 2014 the limit are 2 servers.

Since July 2018 the NPL model was discontinued and later (in October 2018 or so) replaced with the new Sponsorship license, which was unobtainable until it kinda vanished from the page. Now there are only 3 licenses obtainable. One is the free one that every installation comes with. https://www.teamspeak.com/en/features/licensing

But please, enlighten me how I can get 512 slots (or more than 32) for free like you claim nowadays.

So yes Teamspeak is completely free to setup and use yourself it only cost money if your having it hosted and you are not paying for Teamspeak your paying the hosting and licensing fee since you yourself are not hosting it on your own rig/server.
    Well.. see above

Also I would like to warn those Discord lovers that Discord is a centralized server meaning if it gets hacked or goes offline it brings down everyone's server. Teamspeak if it goes down its onlt one server meaning other servers are unaffected.
    Yes, yes this is absolutely true. And yes Discord went offline a few times. Last time it had major outages was on 4th May 2019 - 09:21PDT for exactly 52 minutes. But after 22 minutes partial services had recovered. If you want to know how I know that. Take a look here at the Discord status webpage.
    This single incident: https://status.discordapp.com/incidents/kz4ky0cydym1
    General overview: https://status.discordapp.com

That's how you communicate problems.
    The last time the MyTeamSpeak Sync server went down we got annoying Windows popups every 15mins for a few hours or even days if I remember correctly.

Privacy is huge with me and Discord doesn't have it as everything you said can be listened to without your knowledge whereas
    Only half valid argument. Because if it's not your TS3 server you are joining, then you need to trust the admin he isn't storing your data
    For example, Discord automatically hides your IP, to everyone. Even the Discord "Server" admins wont know them. This is not true for TS3. here you need to care for yourself if you want to expose your location/IP.

Teamspeak is encrypted and everything is kept private.
    Discord also has encryption, by default because it uses TLS as protocol for text and xsalsa20 for voice or DTLS if you join the voice via Browser. This also means there is no way to disable encryption or forgetting to enable it like it is possible with TS3 for server admins.

Granted I hate the wait for TS5 but even TS3 is superior to Discord, even if TS3 doesn't have all the eye candy.
    One calls it eye candy, others call it basic functions in 2k19.
    Last edited by Dimos; May 22nd, 2019 at 08:02 PM.

Also I would like to warn those Discord lovers that Discord is a centralized server meaning if it gets hacked or goes offline it brings down everyone's server. Teamspeak if it goes down its onlt one server meaning other servers are unaffected.
    Of course centralized services have some downtimes, however overall the advantages compensate for the disadvantages.
    -> You can switch your server location in a second
    -> Your server can't be attacked (like with a DDoS)
    -> You as a user can't be attacked, as their IP is not leaked to literally everyone. Like really, the amount of ddos attacks I've seen thanks to this ip leak is immense.
    -> You don't need to pay and maintain an own server

Privacy is huge with me and Discord doesn't have it as everything you said can be listened to without your knowledge whereas
    Psst, Discord does still not sell your damn data. Their business model is a different one and it would probably hurt them more than it gains them. Also you are probably using whatsapp, facebook, google, etc. everyday. Those companies are telling everyone open that they sell their data, so stop your hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Client is nearly all the time free, for every platform.
    Oh wait, not with TeamSpeak and Mobile.
    While it would be nice for the mobile client to be free, perhaps they need to charge for it to make it worth their while to develop?

Don't get me wrong, if it was a monthly subscription fee I wouldn't bother with the mobile app, but for a one-off charge that's no more expensive then other apps on my phone it wasn't a big deal for me, but I see it being mentioned every now and then on the forum so maybe I'm in the minority.

It's a shame there aren't polls on the forum as it would be interesting to see what the proportion of users are who use just the desktop client, or just mobile, or desktop client but they would be willing to use mobile if it were cheaper/free.

Quote Originally Posted by Whittle View Post
    While it would be nice for the mobile client to be free, perhaps they need to charge for it to make it worth their while to develop?

Don't get me wrong, if it was a monthly subscription fee I wouldn't bother with the mobile app, but for a one-off charge that's no more expensive then other apps on my phone it wasn't a big deal for me, but I see it being mentioned every now and then on the forum so maybe I'm in the minority.

It's a shame there aren't polls on the forum as it would be interesting to see what the proportion of users are who use just the desktop client, or just mobile, or desktop client but they would be willing to use mobile if it were cheaper/free.
    Well, as we approach a point where mobile is in the majority now (website traffic wise) and more and more ppl start to play mobile "games" and stuff. I don't really get how to lock out that faction behind a pay wall. I mean people under a certain age (think its 16 for playstore) cant't even get that app legally. Or can't buy it because they are not old enough for the payment methods.
    I started using TeamSpeak 2 when I was 11 or 12. And nowadays even younger kids have an smartphone.

On the other hand I'm not using the mobile client of TeamSpeak because it kinda sucks tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    On the other hand I'm not using the mobile client of TeamSpeak because it kinda sucks tbh
    I'm probably in a minority again, but I think it's an elegant little app

I don't understand one thing. Why do you even start a sale on your mobile app when TS5 is on the way. If you're just looking for more money well TS users have lost their faith already and they won't invest much until you fulfill their expectations by giving us something. Maybe earn a few hundred dollars at max from this but nothing more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    I don't understand one thing. Why do you even start a sale on your mobile app when TS5 is on the way. If you're just looking for more money well TS users have lost their faith already and they won't invest much until you fulfill their expectations by giving us something. Maybe earn a few hundred dollars at max from this but nothing more than that.
    What do you know about a mobile application that is under development? Perhaps only Windows and Linux clients and MacOS is in development for now. While waiting TS3 Mobile it can be an alternative until it releases the mobile version TS5.
    Last edited by Dragon34; May 24th, 2019 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayw654 View Post
    [...] Teamspeak is COMPLETELY free at no cost to anyone unless you want it hosted. If anyone has a computer to setup as a server you simply install the server file of TS3 and then to connect to your server with a client on another machine. Teamspeak offers 32 slots for free or you can get an NPL to have 512 people across up to 10 servers. [...]
    Regarding the old informations you're having and the npl not longer beenig given out,

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    That's not quite right.

Source: http://la.teamspeak.com/5/en/la_desktop.html

This means that's I'm required to obtain a commercial license even when self-hosting since I accept stream donations on Twitch and I'm therefore no longer considered a "non-commercial customer". If I fail to do so, I'm in breach of the terms of service and TeamSpeak Systems can terminate my license to use the software.
    you both are wrong. And that, again, is a perfect example of how bad the communication bewtween the TeamSpeak(Sale)-Stuff and their community is. They launched the successor of npl on 13th of may. They communicated this via their social-media channels, like twitter.

See here. I have a link to the sponsored licenses here.
    But again, why don't you use your forums as a way to communicate with us? What about creating a FAQ for the topic sponsored licenses? Like: Are these available for smaller clans/gaming communities as well or only for e-sport organizations and universities? The official information given let the room for interpretation to say it's only for organizations.

Last but not least, regarding a free app for mobile phones.
    The TeamSpeak-App for Android & IOS is currently at sale, with 80% off - here.
    So, either, Teamspeak5 will get its own app, maybe being free, maybe not. Maybe, the current app will support TS5, becoming free a launch or still being purchasable only. I'd say the TS5 app will not be free. Otherwise, they'd massive alienating customers with selling their app right now and releasing a free app 'soon™'.

The question I'm asking myself now: IF they'd create an own TS5 app and now selling the current TS app with 80% off, is that a sign for TS5 not being around the corner and not coming 'soon™' but a 'way longer soon™'?

Edit: On sale for Andorind and IOS

Wouldn’t you see the sale of the app as a good sign that they are trying to sell as many as possible before TS5 launch which possibly they have a new app that will be free which is why they have the sale is going on? Could mean anything or nothing, but to not have the app free is going to hurt them getting any TS users back from discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch. View Post
    Time to hit up that sponsorship licence, which covers content creators
    Yeah about that:
    I applied about 2 weeks ago and they did not reach out to me yet.
    So you need to be really patient I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LKNickname View Post
    Yeah about that:
    I applied about 2 weeks ago and they did not reach out to me yet.
    So you need to be really patient I guess.
    Highly likely they also have minimum requirements.
    No clue who you are and not trying to say that you're one of those people but uploading a video you made for a subscriber base of 50 - 100 doesn't automatically label you as a content creator to companies.

Are there new infos for TS5?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanashi View Post
    Are there new infos for TS5?
    No

/10charLimit

Thread Information