Forum

Page 31 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post
    Do you really believe this? Discord has a community growing everyday because their software is superior in many aspects. Teamspeak 5 will probably not change this, considering that they had huge marketing fails and that it's only a client update. There is no need at all to spam anyone. Analyse teamspeaks page, they have so much manipulation and even some lies in their advertisement, this shows that they don't have much arguments beside self-hosting. Discord does not (need to) fear TS5 at all...
    Seeing as you joined these forums yesterday just to reply to my comment you make it even seem even more believable. Wasn’t complaining about either software and yes we are aware discord has some things that show they are ages ahead of TeamSpeak, I’m just mentioning that we got an advertisement to join discord which I never get on our forums to join discord when we clearly display our TeamSpeak on the forums. This wasn’t even a request from a member, and why would another community benefit from us moving to discord it would just mean more competition for them. Discord either has hired someone to spam places or is having a fanboy do it for them, either way the person benefiting from this is of course discord.

You do realize that even if Discord is better than TeamSpeak by 1000x they still need to get eyes on them which usually costs money, rather than pay for ads they can just pay someone (or offer a fanboy a small deal) dig into gaming communities not using Discord and directly contact them to give them the eyes they need. It’s smart but also dirty at the same time, discord is already king atm so why bother with doing this - unless there was something coming that could take back some of their users... which they rely on these users to pay for nitro since they are free to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    Seeing as you joined these forums yesterday just to reply to my comment you make it even seem even more believable. Wasn’t complaining about either software and yes we are aware discord has some things that show they are ages ahead of TeamSpeak, I’m just mentioning that we got an advertisement to join discord which I never get on our forums to join discord when we clearly display our TeamSpeak on the forums. This wasn’t even a request from a member, and why would another community benefit from us moving to discord it would just mean more competition for them. Discord either has hired someone to spam places or is having a fanboy do it for them, either way the person benefiting from this is of course discord.

You do realize that even if Discord is better than TeamSpeak by 1000x they still need to get eyes on them which usually costs money, rather than pay for ads they can just pay someone (or offer a fanboy a small deal) dig into gaming communities not using Discord and directly contact them to give them the eyes they need. It’s smart but also dirty at the same time, discord is already king atm so why bother with doing this - unless there was something coming that could take back some of their users... which they rely on these users to pay for nitro since they are free to use.
    There's a huge difference between discord pays for it or a fanboy does it out of conviction. The last one is probably the truth.

Discord has two main sources of user gain and none of them includes any form of spam or advertisement:
    1) Skype & TS are not really good, therefore people will search for alternatives themselves and probably find discord
    2) Person to person Marketing. It's more effective than every form of ads. People who like discord will tell their friends and those friends will tell their friends. This is how discord got a userbase in the hundredmillions.

I can tell you for sure that discord does NOT need to spam anyone because people will come there by themselves. Teamspeak is doing one mistake after another, if they continue their software will end like flash player.

Quote Originally Posted by RealSYOX
    - Global Chat
    Global Chat? You got more informations about that?

Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    The moment when you need to ask other fellow TeamSpeak users/fans about their upcoming new product, instead of them telling/Showing it to you

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    The moment when you need to ask other fellow TeamSpeak users/fans about their upcoming new product, instead of them telling/Showing it to you
    if teamspeak wont open his mouth...

if teamspeak wont open his mouth...

... just kidding. No more Memes.

I saw the Picture of the Gamescom Flyer too, its somewhere in this thread i think.

Global Chat sounds like renamed Server Channel (All Users)
    Maybe the Chat Windows is then to the right, instead on the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by cavejohnson7 View Post
    Maybe the Chat Windows is then to the right, instead on the bottom
    Like so?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Il3YbLg.png 
Views:	554 
Size:	237.9 KB 
ID:	17460
    Or so?

Name:	vHrJPSg.png 
Views:	474 
Size:	234.9 KB 
ID:	17461

Quote Originally Posted by RealSYOX View Post
    I can say a little bit about that.

So the TeamSpeak Employees that showed me / us the Pictures were Marketing Managers for TeamSpeak.
    I never heard anything about a video that was shown at gamescom. I was everyday at the TeamSpeak Area and i did not see anyone showing a video :/ rip... Maybe i missed it or i don't know...
    https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...638#post460638

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Like so?

Name:	Il3YbLg.png 
Views:	554 
Size:	237.9 KB 
ID:	17460
    Or so?

Name:	vHrJPSg.png 
Views:	474 
Size:	234.9 KB 
ID:	17461
    Wow the first TS5 Screenshots got leaked!
    Nice Theme

Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post
    There's a huge difference between discord pays for it or a fanboy does it out of conviction. The last one is probably the truth.

Discord has two main sources of user gain and none of them includes any form of spam or advertisement:
    1) Skype & TS are not really good, therefore people will search for alternatives themselves and probably find discord
    2) Person to person Marketing. It's more effective than every form of ads. People who like discord will tell their friends and those friends will tell their friends. This is how discord got a userbase in the hundredmillions.

I can tell you for sure that discord does NOT need to spam anyone because people will come there by themselves. Teamspeak is doing one mistake after another, if they continue their software will end like flash player.
    I've seen the exact same name register at different gaming communities within the past week with just 1 post you tell me what that's about then? When someone copy and pastes their advertisement and shoots it at many sorry I'm calling that spam. Normal people don't just go to gaming communities spreading the word of discord like the bible it's not normal, for payment tho it's a different story I can see them doing it. Also you can't say Skype and TS aren't good as if that's fact they each do some things better and some things less than discord, discord just happens to take what people want and made it easy to access.

I asked one of the Staffs, and he said it is a Global Chat where everyone can chat in, thats all.

I really don't know how they can Spam protect it or anything else, maybe they wont even put it in the finish product, i still have a picture of the Monitor that said all the Features.

i really don't think they showed a video, there were multiple pictures maybe he thought it was a video??
    ( i saw 6 pictures of TS5 ) i really don't know.

And if they had one, yeah sure i hope they will release it soon.

I asked one of the Staffs, and he said it is a Global Chat where everyone can chat in, thats all.

I really don't know how they can Spam protect it or anything else, maybe they wont even put it in the finish product, i still have a picture of the Monitor that said all the Features.
    So millions of users are able to send something in the global chat the the time time in one single server? xD Just kidding
    It will run under different servers, thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cavejohnson7 View Post
    Wow the first TS5 Screenshots got leaked!
    Nice Theme
    are those real scrennshots of TS5 or just fake?

i really don't think they showed a video, there were multiple pictures maybe he thought it was a video??
    ( i saw 6 pictures of TS5 ) i really don't know.

And if they had one, yeah sure i hope they will release it soon.
    https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...464#post461464

A video was shown...

Thread Information