Forum

Page 100 of 116 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1738

Thread: TS5 discussion

I cant´t wait more

My post #325 way back on page 22 in January is still relevant. Who is actually in charge of the TS project these days? Is there some reason why they have not put out a news post or press release or something explaining what is going on? Delays in testing are one thing but this suffocating lack of information for customers is doing the most damage by far, and needs to be addressed immediately IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Soon™.

No... seriously... I can't give you an ETA. We'll launch a short closed beta once the alpha testing phase has ended and we fixed the known bugs and compatibility issues. This is when the competition winners and others who registered for the beta will be invited in subsequent waves. Our intention is to release a public beta shortly after that.
    I will be glad to test the beta in summer vacations just in case u decide to release it in 2019 summer :P.

Quote Originally Posted by boehseronkel View Post
    According to the post from @stupid #1422 the beta for the competition winners should be given out any day from now which was on April 26th.

Now we`re counting in weeks again and not the announced days...

That what @ScP is saying eg. "Right now, we're porting the most important user-features from TS3 to TS5 and make sure everything is interoperable." and "We'll launch a short closed beta once the alpha testing phase has ended and we fixed the known bugs and compatibility issues." implies that we`re talking at least about weeks, maybe even month(s).

Seems like there is still a lot of work to do even when the Beta already was "nearly ready to launch" in August 2018
    At least he confirmed they actually started to implement features now
    So maybe the Q4 still stands.. 2019 of course

Right now, we're porting the most important user-features from TS3 to TS5 and make sure everything is interoperable.
    Please tell me you are transferring over the Whisper System.

I think if anything can beat the competition, it is that feature alone, provided it is refined and set-up is well documented and explained.

Edit
    To those of you wondering why they are not releasing a date for the beta.

After the miscommunication that happened previously between marketing and development, they may be hesitant in committing to anything further.
    Also, a program is never fully complete, there is always something that can be improved, and although they may have had the intention of releasing a lesser product back in Q4 2018, once they reached that milestone they may have also realized that product was not sufficient enough to accurately represent TeamSpeak and their new mission/market.

And to those of you wondering why they are not releasing status updates on development.

It is in no way 'prestigious' to post on social media that TeamSpeak is coming soon™, and quite frankly, I am surprised they did it for as long as they did.
    Along with that, I observed a strategic marketing strategy with not sharing developmental updates, something I noticed in Apex Legends (a Battle Royale game) communication strategies for the release of their Season 1. By withholding a fixed date, they can release at will and beat the competition to the market, in this case, they beat Firestorm (a competing Battle Royale game). Firestorm previously announced a rough date of March release, to which Apex launched in full in February, gaining a player-base that was awaiting the release of Firestorm. Then, come Season 1 (of Apex), they again withheld a date. Once Firestorm committed to releasing on March 25th (to which they announced around March 14th), Apex was able to suddenly drop in with what they had for a Season 1 update on March 19th, effectively retaining the player-base's interest and eliminating the possibility for competition. The same could apply to TeamSpeak, even though the marketing team might not know it yet :facepalm:

And please keep in mind, the TeamSpeak fan base is infinitesimally small when compared to the potential userbase that TeamSpeak could service. In short; you -- the 100 people actively browsing this thread -- mean nothing to them, and rightfully so.
    Last edited by SharpY; May 8th, 2019 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpY View Post
    Please tell me you are transferring over the Whisper System.
    Yes... and we'll even improve the functionality to make the system more user-friendly.

Yes... and we'll even improve the functionality to make the system more user-friendly.

Sounds good, will the beta be given to paying license holders?

I hope that those who like me joined the TS5 beta last summer may have the beta before one who joined yesterday for example

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Sounds good, will the beta be given to paying license holders?
    No. Having a license does not make you a preferred beta tester.

Quote Originally Posted by WaspEma View Post
    I hope that those who like me joined the TS5 beta last summer may have the beta before one who joined yesterday for example
    Definitely.

Why is there a closed beta in the first place? If you have thousands of beta testers, the results will be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by WaspEma View Post
    Yeah, i hope so too. The announcement is almost 1 year ago now. I really hope that the developers are making TS5 the best it can be

for when the beta to the public?

Will the permissions system remain the same, or will it be more user friendly like as Discord?

It also raises the question for me why on earth did you publish something like Q4 2018 for a TS5(even if beta)release if you aren't even close to it. That's totally stupid from PR and customer side. We as customers are waiting for something beside "stupid" puzzles and PR-wise it's a disaster.

I've spoken to some TS-Hosters, and they are amused not to have any insight aswell.

I am very happy to see the current level of communication in this thread.
    Took you a while but please keep that up!

Thread Information