Forum


Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 113 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1760

Thread: TS5 discussion

  1. #1681
    Join Date
    November 2017
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    TS Server was around 3.3.0 when they announced way back in 2018. With the release of 3.9.0 there is no space for 3 left in the server side. The next version that comes out with major update pushes the server version to 4.
    Sure. Everybody knows that two-digit version numbers are strictly forbidden in semantic versioning, hence a version like 3.10.0 can never exist. Makes total sense, now that you mention it.

  2. #1682
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    13
    Hey, so just a note for the TeamSpeak Systems GmbH team. The latest api update broke the ts3video plugin made by mfreiholz and it has been used by my community for quite some time. I love Teamspeak very much and just how much control I have running it. However a video feature is a MUST in TS5, so please if it's not being worked on, mfriholz is a software programmer and very talented from the looks of his Github. Hire him as a freelancer to update this and implement it... Please!

    Also GIB US MICROSITE OR I GO TO DISCORD! (I think that's how we protest here right guys?)

    Edit: mfreiholz has updated the plugin, much love for that! Hopefully this API update was the last big one before TS5... I'd hate for him to have to do it again. Also, Teamspeak Systems... Hire him! Make it native!
    Last edited by Turbo123T3; June 29th, 2019 at 10:59 PM.

  3. #1683
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    48
    I did the most disgusting thing i've ever done and i did it for the future of my community. I boosted my discord Server. Im so done with teamspeak. this will be my last post. Thanks community for everything. Hopefully when im 50 teamspeak beta will start. As far as for my community im not happy about it but we had to do what we had to do. So disappointed in teamspeak team.Name:  discord sadness.PNG
Views: 1091
Size:  54.9 KB

    Cya all

  4. #1684
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    224
    One thing I can say tho, is that large communities that have switched over to discord, for example one that would normally have say 100-200 in TeamSpeak each day playing in voice channels, that on discord they get reduced to like 20 or 25 in voice areas, it completely kills the voice aspect of their community, if you want I can post stats but I think devs could monopolize on that aspect for bigger gaming communities. Many like ours use IPB forums, maybe find a way to work with them to include them too without having to use IPB mods to work with TeamSpeak.

  5. #1685
    Join Date
    December 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by tucamote View Post
    I did the most disgusting thing i've ever done and i did it for the future of my community. I boosted my discord Server. Im so done with teamspeak. this will be my last post. Thanks community for everything. Hopefully when im 50 teamspeak beta will start. As far as for my community im not happy about it but we had to do what we had to do. So disappointed in teamspeak team.Name:  discord sadness.PNG
Views: 1091
Size:  54.9 KB

    Cya all


    This is not your facebook wall, we don't care if you are going to use Discord instead of TeamSpeak, this is a TS5 Discussion

  6. #1686
    Join Date
    March 2019
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by tucamote View Post
    I did the most disgusting thing i've ever done and i did it for the future of my community. I boosted my discord Server. Im so done with teamspeak. this will be my last post. Thanks community for everything. Hopefully when im 50 teamspeak beta will start. As far as for my community im not happy about it but we had to do what we had to do. So disappointed in teamspeak team.Name:  discord sadness.PNG
Views: 1091
Size:  54.9 KB

    Cya all
    same. discord is best program in terms of convenience on the market at the moment. and discord developers don't make false promises

  7. #1687
    Join Date
    February 2019
    Posts
    7
    Could ya'll already stop beeing so butthurt?
    This thread is here to discuss TS5, not to hate on TeamSpeak and fuss about what allegedly is better about Discord.

  8. #1688
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    on discord they get reduced to like 20 or 25 in voice areas, it completely kills the voice aspect of their community
    Same will happen if TS5 will feature text channels as well.
    I don't get why you need all those people in voice for a community.
    I think the main reason why so many people are in voice on TeamSpeak is, they have no other option. If you want to appear online and "ready to play a game" or whatever your community is up to, you need to go online in voice. You can't just hang there like a query user or whatever.

    So ofc in Discord, where being online without voice is an option people use it.
    And also having 100-200 user "in voice" doesn't mean they are talking.

    We had on average around 20 to 30 ppl in the AFK corner and a lot of talk channels had just 4-5 random guys with a music bot in them. So yes, they are "in voice" but not really using this "voice aspect".

    Really don't get your argument tbh.

  9. #1689
    Join Date
    April 2017
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    One thing I can say tho, is that large communities that have switched over to discord, for example one that would normally have say 100-200 in TeamSpeak each day playing in voice channels, that on discord they get reduced to like 20 or 25 in voice areas, it completely kills the voice aspect of their community, if you want I can post stats but I think devs could monopolize on that aspect for bigger gaming communities. Many like ours use IPB forums, maybe find a way to work with them to include them too without having to use IPB mods to work with TeamSpeak.
    Bro really you are still using forums and boards? Nobody uses them anymore. Stop dreaming of TS5 to support them...

  10. #1690
    Join Date
    April 2017
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Same will happen if TS5 will feature text channels as well.
    I don't get why you need all those people in voice for a community.
    I think the main reason why so many people are in voice on TeamSpeak is, they have no other option. If you want to appear online and "ready to play a game" or whatever your community is up to, you need to go online in voice. You can't just hang there like a query user or whatever.

    So ofc in Discord, where being online without voice is an option people use it.
    And also having 100-200 user "in voice" doesn't mean they are talking.

    We had on average around 20 to 30 ppl in the AFK corner and a lot of talk channels had just 4-5 random guys with a music bot in them. So yes, they are "in voice" but not really using this "voice aspect".

    Really don't get your argument tbh.
    he has no argument he thinks his community is the way to go worldwide. He is dreaming and acts like the lawyer of every gaming community worldwide. Thank god Teamspeak dosen't listen to guys like him. I mean come on they still using and Forum that is so year 2005 style

    Edit: Progress Alpha251
    Last edited by mazeman; June 27th, 2019 at 06:22 PM.

  11. #1691
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Same will happen if TS5 will feature text channels as well.
    I don't get why you need all those people in voice for a community.
    I think the main reason why so many people are in voice on TeamSpeak is, they have no other option. If you want to appear online and "ready to play a game" or whatever your community is up to, you need to go online in voice. You can't just hang there like a query user or whatever.

    So ofc in Discord, where being online without voice is an option people use it.
    And also having 100-200 user "in voice" doesn't mean they are talking.

    We had on average around 20 to 30 ppl in the AFK corner and a lot of talk channels had just 4-5 random guys with a music bot in them. So yes, they are "in voice" but not really using this "voice aspect".

    Really don't get your argument tbh.
    Its that discord is kinda like a train station, that people pop on and see nobody playing and simply jump to the next discord they have where someone is, not everyone has it in them to be the first in the channel alone or are forced to start messaging friends if they want to play (on TS tho you are already there, might as well sit somewhere), it’s why so many probably feel it’s better to just host their own discord and play with just their close groupies that pop in each day. TeamSpeak on top of a website and forum helps provide a different more personal experience compared to what you get with discord, I just hope they figure out this and can cater to the larger gaming communities, since people donate to us we have no problem affording these things (TS, website, forum, etc) the problem is TS UI is so outdated it makes you want to cry on why it’s taken this long, that and allowing new players easy way to access TS. Yes you can have website and stuff with discord but let’s be real many websites and forums take a huge hit or die off once ppl move to Discord, if TS5 does text channels I’d simply just have 1 as a shoutbox type of thing and that’s it because I’d like my content to last 10+ years, not sure if discord keeps all your messages around that long.

  12. #1692
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    I’d simply just have 1 as a shoutbox type of thing and that’s it because I’d like my content to last 10+ years, not sure if discord keeps all your messages around that long.
    I don't get that line.

    You only want one text channel/shoutbox because you want those messages forever? So you think it isn't possible, in 2019, to store the content of two text channels?

    Also, Discord stated they never erase messages unless the user created server instance(Discord server) gets deleted or the message itself gets deleted by either the person who send it or the server owner/mod.
    I can also still search and scroll up to messages from back in 2016 on my Discord instance. Up until the very first message send on it.

  13. #1693
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    I don't get that line.

    You only want one text channel/shoutbox because you want those messages forever? So you think it isn't possible, in 2019, to store the content of two text channels?

    Also, Discord stated they never erase messages unless the user created server instance(Discord server) gets deleted or the message itself gets deleted by either the person who send it or the server owner/mod.
    I can also still search and scroll up to messages from back in 2016 on my Discord instance. Up until the very first message send on it.
    No, I’d only want one because I don’t need to take away from what gets posted on our forum, we have a system in which you get points based on everything you do in our community be it forum posts, logging on TS/website, events, bringing in new players, we only need 1 channel just as we do on our forums (the shoutbox) just for people to make shouts. Don’t get me wrong I may have used TeamSpeak myself since 2005 but I voted yes to move in our big community vote as seen 1 or 2 pages ago, I just think there ARE things TS5 could do better and I hope it’s why they are taking so long.

  14. #1694
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by mazeman View Post
    Bro really you are still using forums and boards? Nobody uses them anymore. Stop dreaming of TS5 to support them...
    I hear the exact same thing about using TeamSpeak from discord fans yet here we are in a TeamSpeak FORUM. If you knew actually how to manage one you’d see how nice they actually can be, sadly the TS forums are still crap, but many game devs use IPB too be it PUBG, Dayz, Escape From Tarkov, etc Discord's text channels are a nice way to communicate but forums IMO give a more community feeling if set up right.

    Quote Originally Posted by mazeman View Post
    he has no argument he thinks his community is the way to go worldwide. He is dreaming and acts like the lawyer of every gaming community worldwide. Thank god Teamspeak dosen't listen to guys like him. I mean come on they still using and Forum that is so year 2005 style
    I don't act like the lawyer lmao, but being one the large lasting gaming communities still around and providing a large TS player base it's probably fair to listen to those who still thrive and wonder why they are, because let's be real if all they do is copy things from Discord they won't win, anyone lost to Discord they need to do something different as a means to gain players back. If you checked out our website and see the "MOST ACTIVE MEMBERS" it's all automated from points given pulling the most active on TS/Website, Forum posts, Recruits (only events are manual but we'll automate the points for that too) everything gives you your type of Membership + Awards which then get displayed on Teamspeak of how many you have, again there are many things you can do with IPB and Teamspeak that set it apart from Discord and why Teamspeak still caters to larger gaming communities compared to smaller groups, Discord cannot do these things.

    Now I'm not saying this is the way to go, but I am saying it just as an idea - support for many communities that these ones might actually return because many of them left because discord is just easier to join (meaning easier to bring in new members) and it's an ugly UI but enjoyed their active forums (what I got from a few others who own gaming communities but moved).
    Last edited by Trunkz Jr; June 27th, 2019 at 11:54 PM.

  15. #1695
    Join Date
    April 2017
    Posts
    60
    progress: Alpha252

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.2.3
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 19th, 2018, 11:39 PM
  2. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1.7
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 27th, 2017, 02:49 PM
  3. [Discussion] Client 3.1.5
    By dante696 in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: July 30th, 2017, 01:20 AM
  4. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3.1.1 Beta Discussion
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 10th, 2017, 05:02 PM
  5. Find a discussion group
    By Chaffer in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 4th, 2015, 09:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •