Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 38 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by skorpe View Post
    at this rate, last day will be day 23?
    if he continues like that yes

The appearance of the appearance but I hope that the errors will be corrected, such as the ability to download the user's IP through the channel description or will be added the ability to refresh the image in the channel description

Anyone got a screenshot of all three of the puzzles together?

Edit found it.

Seems that servers groups preview on channel tree has been removed... I don't like that... Hope the haven't removed it...

TS 5 Encryption

What will be encrypted when using TeamSpeak 5? Do me and your community a favor and remove the option to disable the voice encryption since many providers want extra money to unlock the voice encryption feature. It should be naturally active. I thought privacy is a main goal of TeamSpeak. Will file transfer be encrypted?
    Last edited by dante696; February 6th, 2019 at 02:02 PM. Reason: merged

What do you think where the place for a banner?

Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    Discord 2.0 "confirmed"
    You do realize Steam, Origin, Skype and many other ones use avatars and many people have been asking for this on these forums. If people cry that it's too much like Discord, don't use Teamspeak 5 then stick to Teamspeak 3.

Quote Originally Posted by DalexHD View Post
    Seems that servers groups preview on channel tree has been removed... I don't like that... Hope the haven't removed it...
    What is a "server group preview"? I don't know about such a feature in TS3.
    Or do you mean the right management window?

I believe that the person meant that we do not see the server/channel group icons anymore, which was a cool feature for clans, guilds and communities to display the rank, position and permissions on the server.

Client?

When TS says that TS5 will be a client, does that imply that they will not go the discord route and require their users to have a prexisting server.

Name:  IMG_20190206_111645.jpg
Views: 4455
Size:  46.7 KB

I played with the puzzle pieces a bit. Made some safe assumptions to fill out the base structure of the UI. The Discord UI influence is obvious and that's not a bad thing.

What I find interesting is that Tim is apparently deafened and muted but his status is green, while someone else has both a green and a blue indicator. Perhaps the blue then means "actively using voice"? Or maybe it's just a voice activity indicator light. Hard to tell if they're going the "text is default" route like with Discord or not at this point. I hope they are.

Though, one possible concern for that would be licensing. It would really make sense to count total users and voice slots differently if they go that route. Discord servers are typically massive, and tend to have only 10% of their users using voice chat during peak hours. It may be a bit much to expect decently successful Discord communities to switch at a cost of $500 a year or more. I would, I'm that enthusiastic about TS5 but I don't think most people are.

How did you got such high resolution versions of the puzzle pieces? Or did you just remade them yourself, with a bit of guessing how the small buttons in the corners look like exactly?

Also regarding the slot counts/voice usage:
    On most of the Discord server I am we don't even have voice channels anymore. For example all the Programmer help servers or community servers. Its just for support and informations.

So yes, lets hope they make non voice slots free. Otherwise this whole concepts odenst make a lot of sense, IF they give use the "chat client" option

Quote Originally Posted by Operativ View Post
    I believe that the person meant that we do not see the server/channel group icons anymore, which was a cool feature for clans, guilds and communities to display the rank, position and permissions on the server.
    Exactly that...

Quote Originally Posted by florian2833z View Post
    What will be encrypted when using TeamSpeak 5? Do me and your community a favor and remove the option to disable the voice encryption since many providers want extra money to unlock the voice encryption feature. It should be naturally active. I thought privacy is a main goal of TeamSpeak. Will file transfer be encrypted?
    I don't get your point. This would just result in a higher price, because everyone would be forced to transfer more data than before. It would just take an option away from the users.

If you want encryption, just pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Operativ View Post
    They can't delete icons support... How would we identify each people ranks if there are not icons... I think that we need to wait for more puzzle parts...

Thread Information