Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 63 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Hanashi View Post
    You can track ips and platforms server side. There must nothing on client side for this.
    yep and on this way i use thirdparty scripts...common....

I have been saying it for months now...

Every community that does make the switch to Discord now is a community that is most likely lost.
    I don't want my community to switch to Discord but I can not defend Teamspeak forever while more and more people demand to change to discord.

The Beta got announced more than 6 months ago, the deadline was missed 2 months ago, than there was the puzzle, now this "closed" BETA which will not start until in 2 weeks...

I really have to compliment the marketing department for screwing with the com big time - gg

After you missed the deadline you should've been honest about whats going on.
    Weekly updates, maybe even a devlog or just communication with your community.

Instead we got played again and again...it's no surprise that even people that defended Teamspeak are changing their minds.
    For the love of god: There is still time to turn this around.

But right now the future of ts is looking dark (at least if you continue like that)...

Quote Originally Posted by LKNickname View Post
    I have been saying it for months now...

Every community that does make the switch to Discord now is a community that is most likely lost.
    I don't want my community to switch to Discord but I can not defend Teamspeak forever while more and more people demand to change to discord.

The Beta got announced more than 6 months ago, the deadline was missed 2 months ago, than there was the puzzle, now this "closed" BETA which will not start until in 2 weeks...

I really have to compliment the marketing department for screwing with the com big time - gg

After you missed the deadline you should've been honest about whats going on.
    Weekly updates, maybe even a devlog or just communication with your community.

Instead we got played again and again...it's no surprise that even people that defended Teamspeak are changing their minds.

But right now the future of ts is looking dark (at least if you continue like that)...
    +1

amen brother

Quote Originally Posted by LKNickname View Post

I 101% agree with you. Non the less i will still stay with TeamSpeak. But it's really annoying what TeamSpeak is doing...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon34 View Post
    Anyway, I really donít expect to get the beta, Iíve been using the software since 2002 + NPL license, and Iíve never gone to competition and I really donít want to and I bet I wouldnít have the beta after all these years of royalty.
    Don't look so sad guy. Most of the ppl in this thread that actually care about TS have been users for over a decade. Assuming you have signed up by now to at least one of the beta lists, you might not get the first batch of keys but you will get the 2nd or 3rd. Either way, when you do finally get your hands on it, you and every other sad, hopeless TS romantic in here will rejoice and forget about all the whining you did in this ridiculous thread.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    I'm here for the HYPE

edit: and the speculation. What is Matt's Home?

- using Teamspeak since 2006
    - hosting own Server for my Community since 2010
    - early MyTeamspeak / TSsync User
    - signed up for the TS5 Beta on day one
    - signed up for the giveaway Minutes after the Teamspeak Twitter Post on Sunday

i still don`t think i`ll get a beta key early, cause of many guys making new myTS Accounts and spamming the raffle with scripts.

Would have been a nice gesture to give long time active users beta keys early (in the first round).
    And not make it completely random with this Giveaway where most entries seem to be made with scripts and new users make 1000 Accounts to have a better chance.

There are so many users that did so much for the cummunity eg. @numma_cway !
    Just give guys like him a Beta key!

Quote Originally Posted by boehseronkel View Post
    - using Teamspeak since 2006
    - hosting own Server for my Community since 2010
    - early MyTeamspeak / TSsync User
    - signed up for the TS5 Beta on day one
    - signed up for the giveaway Minutes after the Teamspeak Twitter Post on Sunday

i still don`t think i`ll get a beta key early, cause of many guys making new myTS Accounts and spamming the raffle with scripts.

Would have been a nice gesture to give long time active users beta keys early (in the first round).
    And not make it completely random with this Giveaway where most entries seem to be made with scripts and new users make 1000 Accounts to have a better chance.

There are so many users that did so much for the cummunity eg. @numma_cway !
    Just give guys like him a Beta key!
    As you have seen over the past of the last couple weeks/months they clearly don't care about their community/users. Zero infos, Zero acknowledgment. Nothing.

The fact that a script can be created in order to create multiple giveaway entries is very unfair. I have sent an e-mail about this to their support and sales teams. I hope that they will become aware of the issue and combat it somehow before the giveaway ends.

And to the people talking about beta access for the Early MyTeamSpeak Adopters/TeamSpeak Jedis - I agree with you! This should have been the case from the very beginning.

When the devs go to select the 100 on March 15th, I hope they filter the list of allowed emails to those linked to myTeamSpeak account prior to 2/23/2019 (23.02.2019 if you like that format more). Would be even cooler if they then looked at emails with Jedi badge and doubled their entries to two too.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    When the devs go to select the 100 on March 15th, I hope they filter the list of allowed emails to those linked to myTeamSpeak account prior to 2/23/2019 (23.02.2019 if you like that format more). Would be even cooler if they then looked at emails with Jedi badge and doubled their entries to two too.
    i dont hope so.
    I donīt use badges or collect them because i prefer my teamspeak server clean and intuitive using my own icons.

Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    i dont hope so.
    I donīt use badges or collect them because i prefer my teamspeak server clean and intuitive using my own icons.
    just for information we can save badges without displaying them on the server

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1734
Size:  16.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Operativ View Post
    The fact that a script can be created in order to create multiple giveaway entries is very unfair. I have sent an e-mail about this to their support and sales teams. I hope that they will become aware of the issue and combat it somehow before the giveaway ends.

And to the people talking about beta access for the Early MyTeamSpeak Adopters/TeamSpeak Jedis - I agree with you! This should have been the case from the very beginning.
    Regarding my e-mail, I have received a very satisfactory response and I can say that the matter was handled professionally.

"Hi,

Thank you for your message. Please rest assured that the issues you have highlighted have already been considered and negated.

As per the terms and conditions of this competition, ONLY myTeamSpeak accounts - registered before the competition was launched will be classed as valid entries. In addition to this, any existing myTeamSpeak account that can be linked to these invalid entries will also be disqualified from the draw.

Each valid myTeamSpeak account will only be given one (1) entry to the draw, irrespective of how many times they have tried to enter.

We will be sending out Beta access to all users in small batches, steadily increasing the number of users on TeamSpeak 5, to ensure the quality and stability that is synonymous with TeamSpeak is not compromised.

I hope this helps allay your concerns."

Hi Guys,

I see there are a number of you concerned about your chances in our Beta competition due to the activities of some users. So I'd like to clear a few things up.

Firstly, as per the terms and conditions of this competition, ONLY myTeamSpeak accounts registered before the competition launch will be classed as valid entries.

In addition to this, any existing myTeamSpeak account that can be linked to invalid entries will also be disqualified from the draw. Any body who is suspected of gaming the system or trying to artificially increase their chances of winning in any way will also be automatically disqualified.

Each valid myTeamSpeak account will only be given one (1) entry to the draw, irrespective of how many times they have tried to enter. Our system only registers each email address once.

Rest assured these keys will only go to those that deserve them.

Good Luck!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimSpeak View Post
    Hi Guys,

I see there are a number of you concerned about your chances in our Beta competition due to the activities of some users. So I'd like to clear a few things up.

Firstly, as per the terms and conditions of this competition, ONLY myTeamSpeak accounts registered before the competition launch will be classed as valid entries.

In addition to this, any existing myTeamSpeak account that can be linked to invalid entries will also be disqualified from the draw. Any body who is suspected of gaming the system or trying to artificially increase their chances of winning in any way will also be automatically disqualified.

Each valid myTeamSpeak account will only be given one (1) entry to the draw, irrespective of how many times they have tried to enter. Our system only registers each email address once.

Rest assured these keys will only go to those that deserve them.

Good Luck!

Tim
    We posted at a very similar time about this, and I'm really glad to also see an official response following up this matter, the communication here is greatly appreciated.

Thread Information