Forum

Page 84 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1760

Thread: TS5 discussion

  1. #1246
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjslider View Post
    You guys like D0mm4S may feel entitled to information, like Teamspeak owe you something. Guess what, they don't.

    You signed up for a competition to receive a prize, and you didn't win. Get. Over. It.
    First of all, Iīm not a keyboard warrior. Iīm a big fan of TeamSpeak and Iīve been using it since the beginning like you do. I didnīt sign up for a competition to receive the access. The giveaway isnīt what makes me a little bit disappointed, itīs the fact that they announced it for Q4 2018 and didnīt say something like "We are sorry, but we donīt feel comfortable giving you guys access right now. We need a few more months.", instead they kept quiet for ages.

    Quote Originally Posted by bmjslider View Post
    You're not a software developer. You don't realize how MASSIVE of a mistake laying out a roadmap is. Things rapidly change in software dev, deadlines are rarely met
    You donīt have to be a payed software dev to know that. Iīm pretty sure that a lot of us TeamSpeak users who host their own servers are also good at coding or something similar. We know that good things take time and that TS isnīt a company with thousands of devs. Also itīs ok for us to wait, I personally use TeamSpeak for the simple reason of perfectly clear communication. And TeamSpeak 3 does that job perfectly fine, and that wonīt change soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by bmjslider View Post
    THIS IS A BETA TEST. THIS IS FOR TEAMSPEAK, NOT FOR US. YOU WILL GET YOUR FINISHED PRODUCT IN TIME
    Exactly, itīs a beta. And I signed up for that beta that they announced to give feedback to TeamSpeak about bugs, features, overall experience of using it and so on. I signed up to know that I wonīt get a finished product and that it may crash and all that.

    I can wait as I already said, TS3 runs perfectly fine.

  2. #1247
    Join Date
    March 2019
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjslider View Post
    You're not a software developer. You don't realize how MASSIVE of a mistake laying out a roadmap is. Things rapidly change in software dev, deadlines are rarely met, and telling your community you'll have something ready for them by xxxxx date is essentially inviting hundreds of angry keyboard warriors to attack you when that date comes and goes.

    They're handling this very well. They're telling you what they're working on and building up anticipation. They've already messed up before by posting a loose deadline of Q4. You better bet they're not going to make that mistake twice and will keep all details as loose and unofficial as possible until release.

    Also, clearly you're not an advertiser either. They're posting announcements to build hype for an upcoming release, they aren't trying to engage the community in Q&A's and waste their dev time. You say they should be posting major announcements on the forums. Why? They have much larger engagement on platforms like Twitter, they reach far more people when they post there. For every 1 person that reads a forum post there are easily 25-50 who are reading their twitter posts.

    [...]
    You're 100% correct. I'm none of this, and you may be right. The huge mistake they did was posting the deadline of Q4. But now the community sits here, speculating, creating smaller shit-storms that luckily did not cross the borders of this forum. So, from my point of view, it's not the best way to not say any word any more - but as I said, I'm neither a developer nor a marketing guy. One thing I wanted to achieve is stating: I can understand why parts of the community feel left down.

    And I think handing out more information via forums is a great way to interact with the community. I experienced that most people participating in a forum are caring. At least more than most people just following their social media. But that is just my point of view and discussing this would lead into the wrong directions.

  3. #1248
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by SoRGPidy View Post
    You're 100% correct. I'm none of this, and you may be right. The huge mistake they did was posting the deadline of Q4. But now the community sits here, speculating, creating smaller shit-storms that luckily did not cross the borders of this forum. So, from my point of view, it's not the best way to not say any word any more - but as I said, I'm neither a developer nor a marketing guy. One thing I wanted to achieve is stating: I can understand why parts of the community feel left down.

    And I think handing out more information via forums is a great way to interact with the community. I experienced that most people participating in a forum are caring. At least more than most people just following their social media. But that is just my point of view and discussing this would lead into the wrong directions.
    Couldnīt have said it any better! We are not here in the forum to talk shit about TeamSpeak, we really are here because we care. We can easily switch to alternatives if we wanted to but we donīt want to do that, thatīs why we try to get some info over their forum, because some of us TS lovers with their own servers (including me) may have told their TS users (mostly the ones that told us to switch to alternatives) that the new version is coming soon since it was announced and we are tired of telling them possible soon releases to keep them from switching, if they never come true, because it also hurts our reputation by telling "lies".

    We simply want to keep those people from turning away from TeamSpeak. In the end itīs their decision that we will respect.

  4. #1249
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    12
    I do not trust the social media team anymore. Perhaps this is another attempt to empty "words"
    And here is a fragment of a real message to the ts team.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Przechwytywanie.PNG 
Views:	886 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	17680
    Somehow I did not get the answer that this contest is out of date? Very strange.

  5. #1250
    Join Date
    December 2018
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    32
    I've received a response from a TeamSpeak representative that clears up the 100 winners giveaway, as well as the people who pre-registered in the Summer of the last year.


  6. #1251
    Join Date
    November 2017
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjslider View Post
    [Tons of words]
    There is a lot of truth in the things you wrote. I see a problem with the following though:

    Quote Originally Posted by bmjslider View Post
    You say they should be posting major announcements on the forums. Why? They have much larger engagement on platforms like Twitter, they reach far more people when they post there. For every 1 person that reads a forum post there are easily 25-50 who are reading their twitter posts.
    They still have this forum and it used to be the number 1 place to get in touch with TeamSpeak, even with developers back in the days of TeamSpeak 2 and the early days of TeamSpeak 3 when the developers used to post here.

    Their Twitter account on the other hand used to be a place where they dumped a random line from TeamSpeak 3's changelog every once in a while without actually understanding what that line even meant.

    Then it turned into a place for re-posting reddit posts which had nothing to do with the software.

    The only time there was something that could be considered "engagement" was when they had these giveaways in an attempt to somehow catch some attention and that "engagement" stopped once the giveaways ended.

    Considering their German origins, TeamSpeak should also understand that their software is used by a lot of (especially German) "nerds" who care more about privacy than others which is probably why they are refusing to move to Discord and which is why they are probably avoiding platforms like Facebook.

    It's not like it's our fault for being here. They decided to keep this place alive but overall they are doing a bad job running this place.

    And again: This is not directed at any individuals like dante or other team members who are probably just doing their best to somehow deal with their company's "who cares about forums anymore" philosophy.

    If they don't want the forums, they should come up with an alternative they are able to handle or at least officially announce that they are no longer participating. After all, they want to be considered "professionals" and this requires them to actually act like such.

  7. #1252
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    why they are probably avoiding platforms like Facebook.
    Yeah, the irony that they replied on Facebook and do most of there current communication via Facebook & Twitter instead of this forum. Meanwhile all here go ballistic when you mention Discord.

  8. #1253
    Join Date
    February 2019
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    22
    Okay, so here's the "disappointment". Those of us who registered before the competition were part of the group which the first 100 people were chosen. So that means, we are not getting beta access in close future. We will have to wait for those 300 people to test it, and we will have access after that.

  9. #1254
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    60

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by bmjslider View Post
    You're not a software developer. [...]

    They're handling this very well. [...}

    You guys like D0mm4S may feel entitled to information, like Teamspeak owe you something. Guess what, they don't. [...]

    Also, clearly you're not an advertiser either. [...]
    Well.

    I donīt have to be a pilot to judge a plan crash.
    Something went wrong. Simple as that.
    Of course, as you stated, they do not owe us anything.
    But the community in this thread WANTS their product, WANTS to participate and WANTS to judge. Maybe for themselves or their communitys.
    They or atleast some of them are the hardcore, the everday users. The core and the backbone of this program. The people that rent servers for their communitys and the people that develop plugins.
    Simple : the people who care about the product.

    And if they want those people to buy their product - they better start communicating.

    Because WE donīt owe them either.
    Last edited by mindo; March 21st, 2019 at 11:11 PM.

  10. #1255
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    576
    I offer a deal to Teamspeak:
    Let me use the Teamspeak 5 client, beta or not, and I will update my Teamspeak server to 3.7.0 to enable the Teamspeak 5-specific server features for all. As long as I am not able to run the v5 client, I will not update the server.
    Deal?

    Don't send me some badge. Don't send me some beta key. Just release the client. Don't play these silly limited-beta-keys/badge games. That's hogwash. Simply release a state of the art voip client. Don't waste the nerves of the community with bad marketing moves. Just release the client. The community doesn't need guessing games on social media. The community doesn't need a badge. The community doesn't need a beta key. The community needs a working state of the art voip client, nothing else. As long as you don't have the client, focus on development. Then, when it's done, release the client. It's what the community wants. Keep in mind: the Teamspeak community is currently migrating to Discord with probably 80% already gone (you know the numbers), and if you play the games too silly and too long, there will be nobody left who will continue to buy a Teamspeak server slot. Or the smartphone app.

  11. #1256
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    48
    oh oh! teamspeak users are starting to write letters in the forum watch out

  12. #1257
    Join Date
    February 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    I offer a deal to Teamspeak:
    Let me use the Teamspeak 5 client, beta or not, and I will update my Teamspeak server to 3.7.0 to enable the Teamspeak 5-specific server features for all. As long as I am not able to run the v5 client, I will not update the server.
    Deal?

    Don't send me some badge. Don't send me some beta key. Just release the client. Don't play these silly limited-beta-keys/badge games. That's hogwash. Simply release a state of the art voip client. Don't waste the nerves of the community with bad marketing moves. Just release the client. The community doesn't need guessing games on social media. The community doesn't need a badge. The community doesn't need a beta key. The community needs a working state of the art voip client, nothing else. As long as you don't have the client, focus on development. Then, when it's done, release the client. It's what the community wants. Keep in mind: the Teamspeak community is currently migrating to Discord with probably 80% already gone (you know the numbers), and if you play the games too silly and too long, there will be nobody left who will continue to buy a Teamspeak server slot. Or the smartphone app.
    Do you not know that Beta testing is a common and critical part of developing software that is bug free?

    and what makes you so important to make this deal?

  13. #1258
    Join Date
    August 2014
    Posts
    147
    hello, it's for the old ones who have a NPL license like me do not have the right to beta TS5 not normal

  14. #1259
    Join Date
    July 2018
    Location
    Dessau,Germany
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon34 View Post
    hello, it's for the old ones who have a NPL license like me do not have the right to beta TS5 not normal
    Whooot?
    we Teamspeak Devs have no access why the NPL Users get it?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vvcap 2019-03-22-12-46-13.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	17684

    Think about it Dev get no beta access and startet an giveaway.... logical 0%

  15. #1260
    Join Date
    October 2015
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by BIOS-TSI View Post
    Whooot?
    we Teamspeak Devs have no access why the NPL Users get it?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vvcap 2019-03-22-12-46-13.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	17684

    Think about it Dev get no beta access and startet an giveaway.... logical 0%
    Yeah honestly giving the keys to random users who have no development experience and/or QA is silly.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.2.3
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 20th, 2018, 12:39 AM
  2. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1.7
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 27th, 2017, 03:49 PM
  3. [Discussion] Client 3.1.5
    By dante696 in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: July 30th, 2017, 02:20 AM
  4. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3.1.1 Beta Discussion
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 10th, 2017, 06:02 PM
  5. Find a discussion group
    By Chaffer in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 4th, 2015, 10:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •