Forum

Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1760

Thread: TS5 discussion

  1. #1741
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    576
    If you compare mommy and her birthday cake with Teamspeak 5, it's as if on the morning of the birthday party mommy says: "kid, this year I will bake you and your guests a brand new cake." Then she goes to download the new recipe from some recipe database and is going to study what ingredients might be required. Then she goes out to buy them, realizing that not everything is available from stores nearby. When she comes back with all the ingredients, it's afternoon and the party is about to begin and the first guests arrive. While the party starts with hungry guests, she tries to work out the recipe and create the cake. It's complicated and requires many steps of preparation. It's not yet in the oven when the party is over and the guests start to leave. The next day, the first version is half baked, and the second one is burnt. The next one is too sweet, because the recipe dictates too much sugar. But some day later she might have figured out how the recipe is to be interpreted. Perhaps next birthday.

  2. #1742
    Join Date
    July 2019
    Posts
    6
    @ScP come on! give us something

  3. #1743
    Join Date
    July 2019
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by RealSYOX View Post
    they're getting closer every day.

    Syox aren't you an Alpha Tester. How about some insider infos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kidding i know you can't talk. But maybe Randomhost he has always such an huge mouth here and is also an Alpha Tester,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kidding i know you can't talk

  4. #1744
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    60
    I mean the issue right now is that there is no scale on how long it will take for the closed/open beta to arrive.
    Right now more than a half year has passed.
    The non-alpha-tester canīt judge if it is going to take another month or another year.

  5. #1745
    Join Date
    November 2017
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    I mean the issue right now is that there is no scale on how long it will take for the closed/open beta to arrive.
    Right now more than a half year has passed.
    The non-alpha-tester canīt judge if it is going to take another month or another year.
    The alpha testers have no clue either.

    We can (or rather can't) talk about the current state which we are presented with. We get acknowledgements that the things we report will get fixed / added but not necessarily any timelines when that's going to happen. There are things which get fixed / added the next day and then there are also things which have been reported weeks ago and are still not fixed.

    That's how software development works. Development resources are limited. They got to prioritize things and decide which issues are show stoppers and which are not.

    Again, the expectations are high because some fool published a release deadline by Q4 2018 which leads people to think that it should have been ready by that date. Unfortunately, it didn't work out and they absolutely failed to communicate that properly. We have discussed this so many times, it's getting old. And I'm feeling like I'm repeating myself over an over again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raider007 View Post
    But maybe Randomhost he has always such an huge mouth here and is also an Alpha Tester,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kidding i know you can't talk
    Actually, I don't just have a huge mouth. Actually, I put together that list on reddit which summarizes all the publicly available information in one place. That is basically what that Microsite was supposed to do, but it's nowhere to be found.

    So, what else do you expect me to do besides betraying people I personally know by leaking confidential information?

    I don't know what people are thinking. I was approached by a TeamSpeak employee to give my opinion on their new software simply because I have a background with TeamSpeak and know the software quite well and now some people seem to think that I'm ScP's boyfriend or something which simply isn't the case.

    As much as I'm fed up with TeamSpeak's failure to properly communicate with their customers (including me) and as much as I'm willing to rub that in their face whenever I can, I also feel bad for doing so because some of the people working for them have been my buddies for many years and it feels wrong to stab their back.

    So if you are looking for leaks, ask someone else. I'm already doing what I can to share the things that I can share. And I can tell you that it's not particularly satisfying with all the hate and flaming that you get for actually just trying to help.

  6. #1746
    Join Date
    August 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider007 View Post
    Syox aren't you an Alpha Tester. How about some insider infos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kidding i know you can't talk.
    No, not really. I think RandomHost said it best. We report things and they are getting fixed/added in the client. I can really understand the community, but I also understand the developers now a little more. There was bad communication internally but also externally at TeamSpeak. I do my best and always try to report bugs as soon as possible so they can be fixed/added. But I also think, as RandomHost has already said again , that many things are getting repeated in this Thread now because there is nothing much to discuss anymore. I mean we are already 115 Pages in, that is really impressive if you ask me. The thing I really want from TeamSpeak is that they start to communicate with us (the Community), I know I can't really compare a Video Game with a VoIP Software, but maybe some of you have heard of H1Z1, it was a really popular game back in the days, the Developers have killed their own game because they didn't listen to the Professional Players or even the entire Community. They knew exactly what they wanted and what the game needed but the Devs have failed. I don't want TeamSpeak to fail, it's a great software and I hope it will still exist in the next 10 Years or *EVEN FURTHER BEYOND* <- ( Son-Goku )

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    The alpha testers have no clue either.

    We can (or rather can't) talk about the current state which we are presented with. We get acknowledgements that the things we report will get fixed / added but not necessarily any timelines when that's going to happen. There are things which get fixed / added the next day and then there are also things which have been reported weeks ago and are still not fixed.

    That's how software development works. Development resources are limited. They got to prioritize things and decide which issues are show stoppers and which are not.

    Again, the expectations are high because some fool published a release deadline by Q4 2018 which leads people to think that it should have been ready by that date. Unfortunately, it didn't work out and they absolutely failed to communicate that properly. We have discussed this so many times, it's getting old. And I'm feeling like I'm repeating myself over an over again.

    Here is a joke for all of you.

    what do you call cheese that isn’t yours?

    exactly!

    Stolen... Stealing is bad and you should return it.

  7. #1747
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by RealSYOX View Post
    Stolen... Stealing is bad and you should return it.
    But nothing tastes as good as stolen cheese

  8. #1748
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    And I can tell you that it's not particularly satisfying with all the hate and flaming that you get for actually just trying to help.
    Well, I converted from the nice supporter guy to the sarcastic guy some time ago. It stems from the deep resignation I feel upon the product development strategy of Teamspeak. I don't know why I even care, but actually, I do care.

    Until about 1 year ago, I only made constructive posts and the occasional suggestion of how Teamspeak could be enhanced to stay state of the art. With Discord coming up, I was not alone with that, and there were quite many enhancement requests and sophisticated descriptions of what could be done. But there was absolutely no response from Teamspeak. I don't mean response in the forum, I mean response with actual changes in the Teamspeak software. Basically, Teamspeak today is the same as it was at 3.0 release 10 years ago.

    Now the major part of the Teamspeak community is gone irreversibly. Teamspeak watched the decline over the course of many years and literally did nothing! Ok, they did merchandise, tightened the ropes around the NPL, tightened the legal blah in the license, which all squeezes more money out of the existing software, but they did no technical development.

    This is something I don't understand, and from this stems my sarcastic, even toxic comments over the course of the last few months. Now it's too late of course, no shiny new client will change anything. According to the changes we see in the Teamspeak server (almost none), we can see that many asked vital enhancements will not be in the v5 client anyway. Apparently, Teamspeak will stay voip only and will not make a step to be a messenger like Discord. But this is not what today's communities require.

    Teamspeak will wither like Ventrilo and live up a shadowy existence the remaining years. They probably sell their services and API to development studios who want to integrate voip into their product and make their main money from that.

    But the days of big Teamspeak community voip gaming servers are over.

  9. #1749
    Join Date
    February 2019
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    Now it's too late of course, no shiny new client will change anything. According to the changes we see in the Teamspeak server (almost none), we can see that many asked vital enhancements will not be in the v5 client anyway. Apparently, Teamspeak will stay voip only and will not make a step to be a messenger like Discord. But this is not what today's communities require.
    I don't know where you get that information from. If you look at the things we know it looks like it's NOT just VoIP. Just look at the puzzle. And the server is capable of managing messages no problem.

  10. #1750
    Join Date
    July 2019
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    The alpha testers have no clue either.

    We can (or rather can't) talk about the current state which we are presented with. We get acknowledgements that the things we report will get fixed / added but not necessarily any timelines when that's going to happen. There are things which get fixed / added the next day and then there are also things which have been reported weeks ago and are still not fixed.

    That's how software development works. Development resources are limited. They got to prioritize things and decide which issues are show stoppers and which are not.

    Again, the expectations are high because some fool published a release deadline by Q4 2018 which leads people to think that it should have been ready by that date. Unfortunately, it didn't work out and they absolutely failed to communicate that properly. We have discussed this so many times, it's getting old. And I'm feeling like I'm repeating myself over an over again.


    Actually, I don't just have a huge mouth. Actually, I put together that list on reddit which summarizes all the publicly available information in one place. That is basically what that Microsite was supposed to do, but it's nowhere to be found.

    So, what else do you expect me to do besides betraying people I personally know by leaking confidential information?

    I don't know what people are thinking. I was approached by a TeamSpeak employee to give my opinion on their new software simply because I have a background with TeamSpeak and know the software quite well and now some people seem to think that I'm ScP's boyfriend or something which simply isn't the case.

    As much as I'm fed up with TeamSpeak's failure to properly communicate with their customers (including me) and as much as I'm willing to rub that in their face whenever I can, I also feel bad for doing so because some of the people working for them have been my buddies for many years and it feels wrong to stab their back.

    So if you are looking for leaks, ask someone else. I'm already doing what I can to share the things that I can share. And I can tell you that it's not particularly satisfying with all the hate and flaming that you get for actually just trying to help.
    Last time i checked you are ScPs girl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kidding i know you can't talk
    you wanna give me a new reputation comment?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kidding i know you can't talk

  11. #1751
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by josch700 View Post
    I don't know where you get that information from. If you look at the things we know it looks like it's NOT just VoIP. Just look at the puzzle. And the server is capable of managing messages no problem.
    The server is capable of sending messages. Yes.

    But the server is not capable of storing them. This means you need to be online to see the message history for that time frame. Aka you cant join a server and see what your friends posted in the last few hours.
    This is based on the fact that TS5 will run on TS3 server, and TS3 server do not have this feature right now.
    So this also means that all the Alpha tester currently do not have a stored permanent chat. Maybe the chat gets stored client side, but this will also only cover chat entries that occur when you are online/TS5 client is running.

  12. #1752
    Join Date
    July 2019
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    The server is capable of sending messages. Yes.

    But the server is not capable of storing them. This means you need to be online to see the message history for that time frame. Aka you cant join a server and see what your friends posted in the last few hours.
    This is based on the fact that TS5 will run on TS3 server, and TS3 server do not have this feature right now.
    So this also means that all the Alpha tester currently do not have a stored permanent chat. Maybe the chat gets stored client side, but this will also only cover chat entries that occur when you are online/TS5 client is running.
    if Teamspeak dosen't have this feature they are done!
    Everybody in the gaming community world wants an permanent chat system like discord. stored permanently and accesible from mobile apps, browser and client. So when a new person joins the chat group they can simply scroll back to read. voice mails and pictures should be supported as well,,,,Teamspeak this is do or die right here!

    This is the most important feature of everything!!

  13. #1753
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider007 View Post
    if Teamspeak dosen't have this feature they are done!
    Everybody in the gaming community world wants an permanent chat system like discord. stored permanently and accesible from mobile apps, browser and client. So when a new person joins the chat group they can simply scroll back to read. voice mails and pictures should be supported as well,,,,Teamspeak this is do or die right here!

    This is the most important feature of everything!!
    We don’t know if they have an update for TS3 servers to be able to do this once TS5 client launches maybe it’s one of the reasons why they have delayed.

  14. #1754
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    We don’t know if they have an update for TS3 servers to be able to do this once TS5 client launches maybe it’s one of the reasons why they have delayed.
    Maybe. But this is quite a huge feature to implement. Because until now they don't really use a DB for storing client renerrgated data, besides from the client with his permissions and channels+permissions.

    So adding a new DB that is actually performant and can store big amounts of data, because big server have a lot of messages is quite a challenge imo. Also you need a way to store other medias liek music files or images and videos, if they want to support them in chat (via drag and drop).

    And TeamSpeak has no real experience in that area, simply because they never used those in their product.
    This doesn't mean they don't know what they need to do or how to do it. But this will cause a few bugs and issues further down the road. Especially if they really only bring it in at a later point in time. Public Beta or even after initial release.

    This are things you need to consider before you jump on TeamSpeaks side. I mean they had a plan of releasing their software 6+ months ago. And yet they don't have this feature as of yet. So you guys need to understand that some people in this thread are concerned if the product (even after being heavily delayed) will be a good product at all.

    Schlumpi said it best. TeamSpeak lacked innovation for sooo long, now they need to catch-up and are noticing that this catch-up actually costs some time and resource. Probably more what they thought/wanted. Maybe they also added more features to their new product because of a certain backslash/demand from the community side.

  15. #1755
    Join Date
    November 2017
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    The server is capable of sending messages. Yes.

    But the server is not capable of storing them. This means you need to be online to see the message history for that time frame. Aka you cant join a server and see what your friends posted in the last few hours.
    What exactly do you think myTeamSpeak is then? The TeamSpeak 3 server clearly has no support for storing user's bookmarks so there must be some sort of magic involved, right?

    Good grief, please think before posting. They already have a centralized service which stores things globally so what on earth makes you believe that they are not capable of extending that so it can store text messages?

    The amount of accumulated bullshit in these last few posts is over 9000.

    Edit:
    I wish the dreaded marketing department would actually read the forums because these posts are the result of TeamSpeak's horrible information policy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.2.3
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 20th, 2018, 12:39 AM
  2. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1.7
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 27th, 2017, 03:49 PM
  3. [Discussion] Client 3.1.5
    By dante696 in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: July 30th, 2017, 02:20 AM
  4. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3.1.1 Beta Discussion
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 10th, 2017, 06:02 PM
  5. Find a discussion group
    By Chaffer in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 4th, 2015, 10:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •