Forum

Page 18 of 116 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    I'd rather expect it by mid-January... I'm not promising anything tho.

yeah, better not, u guys are not good in promising

Quote Originally Posted by Rowtag View Post
    yeah, better not, u guys are not good in promising
    He didnt say mid-January 2019

yeah it's mid january 2024 not

Quote Originally Posted by Dragokar View Post
    Well your company made a statement last year and it failed to deliver. I don't know what your main goal with TS5 is, but you should start to deliver things and not push it back all the time. WE can live with an unfinished product if you keep us informed about the roadmap and things to come.

The worst thing that a company can do is being silent about an announced and delayed product especially when there is a tough competition.

However, we stick with Teamspeak and our clan-community with our Hoster, but many inside the World of Tanks Community and other games are actively switching to Discord. We don't like to pay with data but at a certain point it might be necessary to look after other solutions.

I really hope to see TS5 soon, even unfinished with an ongoing development.

With best regards,

Dragokar

[TRYIT & LIVIT] World of Tanks EU Clan
    TS3 is lacking behind discord in many aspects agreed but the voice clarity and stability of the system is why most of the people are still sticking to the system. I'd rather stay on the old system instead of going on for an unfinished product and then coming on the forums and whinning everyday for fixing the bugs, issues and arguing about the instability of an unfinished product.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    Please do release it soon at least this month, just noticed 2 days ago we had 8-10 ppl playing Atlas, other day noticed they all had their mics and sound on mute, yesterday I only see one and asked what's up (and I've seen this before hence why I mentioned discord).

So pretty much almost all the Atlas players we brought in are all now playing on Discord just because it's easier, and while they may be back to play other games with us, it doesn't help us as a community to build up an Atlas group when nobody is on TS3 and I really don't feel like telling new players "oh we have a group, but their on discord"... very very frustrating. Could we at least get some screenshots of TS5?
    Speechless...

Please do release it soon at least this month, just noticed 2 days ago we had 8-10 ppl playing Atlas, other day noticed they all had their mics and sound on mute, yesterday I only see one and asked what's up (and I've seen this before hence why I mentioned discord).

So pretty much almost all the Atlas players we brought in are all now playing on Discord just because it's easier, and while they may be back to play other games with us, it doesn't help us as a community to build up an Atlas group when nobody is on TS3 and I really don't feel like telling new players "oh we have a group, but their on discord"... very very frustrating. Could we at least get some screenshots of TS5?

Simmilar here:

Name:  Capture.png
Views: 1470
Size:  6.4 KB

really sad to see that after not lunched the beta in dec.

we will (very) soon publish a new microsite, where you'll get a glimpse of what the upcoming TeamSpeak Client version looks like.

Stay tuned!
    When you say publish a micro site, could we expect this 2018 ending or maybe very early 2019?

Yes.

Just wondering where this micro site is, it wasn't end of 2018 and it's currently early 2019 and nobody has seen anything online of Teamspeak, even 1 image a day or even a week is something to look forward to...

They already posted some Screenshots in their Developer Channel on Discord.
    Oh Wait...

Just give them 1-2 Weeks... im pretty sure the most Marketing guys are not back from their Vacations.

"Developer Channel on Discord."

Just LOL

New feature incoming for Teamspeak 5 Q4 2019 : now you can launch Teamspeak from Discord !

LOOOOOL

I think they should at least show us 1 image of the front of it, they don't have to release info on features and I doubt Discord will copy their UI since people are already happy with what they have with discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragokar View Post
    That's why I suggest an open or rolling release. We don't need all the things at start, it has to be stable and a need clear roadmap. In this case it would be fine for me and many others that I talked to. At least lets hope its not just another UI....
    You really think teamspeak is up for something like "communication" with the community after they just pulled the 4 month troll?

They will never do something like a "feeback" release where the community can shape/vote what should be changed/include.
    Just like Discord has: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en...000786212-Chat

Just don't get your hopes up that TS5 will be the "miracle" all seem to think it will be. TeamSpeak just doesn't went with the time and is now trying it hardest to get the attention back with a very very early announcement of a software that seemed to be in a planning phase back then and combined with all those new twitter giveaways and partnerships with random hardware companies.

I heavily doubt TS will get back to its former glory

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    I heavily doubt TS will get back to its former glory
    Jeepers. TS3 was and still is incredible software. This developer team clearly has a history of doing great work and getting things right.

I'm thrilled they are even working on TS5. I never have and never will leave TS3, though I'm excited for what this team is putting together whatever it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    They will never do something like a "feeback" release where the community can shape/vote what should be changed/include.
    Just like Discord has: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en...000786212-Chat
    No probably not, because it seems like a waste of space and time. They've always taken suggestions and feedback seriously in the forums.

Most of the things in that list are requests that TS has had for ... almost a decade.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by -{HGH}-GEN.Skylab View Post

Most of the things in that list are requests that TS has had for ... almost a decade.
    Did you even read that list over there? out of 30 requests on the first page at least 15 are not even close to be featured in TeamSpeak 3.

Unless TeamSpeak has support for:
    Voice messages in chat
    Video support in chats
    Message deleting in chat
    Code markup
    Tagging of users
    ScreenSharing

So, really dunno what you are talking about. But well.

Don't try to flip the stick and try to make Discord look like it needs to catch up. It's still the other way around

And even Steam has something like a nice and clear voice chat now a days with group invites and a lot of Steam emojis and a modern chat with link preview and image rending. Plus you can even host images in the steam chat now. So just drag and drop an image in there and it will upload it.
    Meanwhile TS does not even feature custom server/community emojis.

And in case you missed it, here is the full overview about all categories where you can give feedback for Discord, not just the Chat category that I posted earlier: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en...mmunity/topics

Peace!
    Yeah, Peace.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    Missing my point entirely, Dimos. Of course I read it, that's how I formulated my opinion.

*sigh*

VOIP means video over internet protocol? Oh yeah, it does not.

Are you here because you're unhappy with discord, the non-comparable "alternative"?

Good riddance.

Of course I read it, that's how I formulated my opinion.
    Aha.. your first post doesn't sound like that, but okay. I give you a pass here.

Meanwhile. Any news on the mircosite or still "mid January"? Kinda sat that we don't get any infos, even tho they showed the client/a demo video already on the Gamescom, which was in August....

Thread Information