Forum

Page 84 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1738

Thread: TS5 discussion

I've received a response from a TeamSpeak representative that clears up the 100 winners giveaway, as well as the people who pre-registered in the Summer of the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjslider View Post
    [Tons of words]
    There is a lot of truth in the things you wrote. I see a problem with the following though:

You say they should be posting major announcements on the forums. Why? They have much larger engagement on platforms like Twitter, they reach far more people when they post there. For every 1 person that reads a forum post there are easily 25-50 who are reading their twitter posts.
    They still have this forum and it used to be the number 1 place to get in touch with TeamSpeak, even with developers back in the days of TeamSpeak 2 and the early days of TeamSpeak 3 when the developers used to post here.

Their Twitter account on the other hand used to be a place where they dumped a random line from TeamSpeak 3's changelog every once in a while without actually understanding what that line even meant.

Then it turned into a place for re-posting reddit posts which had nothing to do with the software.

The only time there was something that could be considered "engagement" was when they had these giveaways in an attempt to somehow catch some attention and that "engagement" stopped once the giveaways ended.

Considering their German origins, TeamSpeak should also understand that their software is used by a lot of (especially German) "nerds" who care more about privacy than others which is probably why they are refusing to move to Discord and which is why they are probably avoiding platforms like Facebook.

It's not like it's our fault for being here. They decided to keep this place alive but overall they are doing a bad job running this place.

And again: This is not directed at any individuals like dante or other team members who are probably just doing their best to somehow deal with their company's "who cares about forums anymore" philosophy.

If they don't want the forums, they should come up with an alternative they are able to handle or at least officially announce that they are no longer participating. After all, they want to be considered "professionals" and this requires them to actually act like such.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    why they are probably avoiding platforms like Facebook.
    Yeah, the irony that they replied on Facebook and do most of there current communication via Facebook & Twitter instead of this forum. Meanwhile all here go ballistic when you mention Discord.

Okay, so here's the "disappointment". Those of us who registered before the competition were part of the group which the first 100 people were chosen. So that means, we are not getting beta access in close future. We will have to wait for those 300 people to test it, and we will have access after that.

Angry

You're not a software developer. [...]

They're handling this very well. [...}

You guys like D0mm4S may feel entitled to information, like Teamspeak owe you something. Guess what, they don't. [...]

Also, clearly you're not an advertiser either. [...]
    Well.

I donīt have to be a pilot to judge a plan crash.
    Something went wrong. Simple as that.
    Of course, as you stated, they do not owe us anything.
    But the community in this thread WANTS their product, WANTS to participate and WANTS to judge. Maybe for themselves or their communitys.
    They or atleast some of them are the hardcore, the everday users. The core and the backbone of this program. The people that rent servers for their communitys and the people that develop plugins.
    Simple : the people who care about the product.

And if they want those people to buy their product - they better start communicating.

Because WE donīt owe them either.
    Last edited by mindo; March 21st, 2019 at 10:11 PM.

I offer a deal to Teamspeak:
    Let me use the Teamspeak 5 client, beta or not, and I will update my Teamspeak server to 3.7.0 to enable the Teamspeak 5-specific server features for all. As long as I am not able to run the v5 client, I will not update the server.
    Deal?

Don't send me some badge. Don't send me some beta key. Just release the client. Don't play these silly limited-beta-keys/badge games. That's hogwash. Simply release a state of the art voip client. Don't waste the nerves of the community with bad marketing moves. Just release the client. The community doesn't need guessing games on social media. The community doesn't need a badge. The community doesn't need a beta key. The community needs a working state of the art voip client, nothing else. As long as you don't have the client, focus on development. Then, when it's done, release the client. It's what the community wants. Keep in mind: the Teamspeak community is currently migrating to Discord with probably 80% already gone (you know the numbers), and if you play the games too silly and too long, there will be nobody left who will continue to buy a Teamspeak server slot. Or the smartphone app.

oh oh! teamspeak users are starting to write letters in the forum watch out

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    I offer a deal to Teamspeak:
    Let me use the Teamspeak 5 client, beta or not, and I will update my Teamspeak server to 3.7.0 to enable the Teamspeak 5-specific server features for all. As long as I am not able to run the v5 client, I will not update the server.
    Deal?

Don't send me some badge. Don't send me some beta key. Just release the client. Don't play these silly limited-beta-keys/badge games. That's hogwash. Simply release a state of the art voip client. Don't waste the nerves of the community with bad marketing moves. Just release the client. The community doesn't need guessing games on social media. The community doesn't need a badge. The community doesn't need a beta key. The community needs a working state of the art voip client, nothing else. As long as you don't have the client, focus on development. Then, when it's done, release the client. It's what the community wants. Keep in mind: the Teamspeak community is currently migrating to Discord with probably 80% already gone (you know the numbers), and if you play the games too silly and too long, there will be nobody left who will continue to buy a Teamspeak server slot. Or the smartphone app.
    Do you not know that Beta testing is a common and critical part of developing software that is bug free?

and what makes you so important to make this deal?

hello, it's for the old ones who have a NPL license like me do not have the right to beta TS5 not normal

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon34 View Post
    hello, it's for the old ones who have a NPL license like me do not have the right to beta TS5 not normal
    Whooot?
    we Teamspeak Devs have no access why the NPL Users get it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vvcap 2019-03-22-12-46-13.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	17684

Think about it Dev get no beta access and startet an giveaway.... logical 0%

Quote Originally Posted by BIOS-TSI View Post
    Whooot?
    we Teamspeak Devs have no access why the NPL Users get it?

Name:	vvcap 2019-03-22-12-46-13.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	17684

Think about it Dev get no beta access and startet an giveaway.... logical 0%
    Yeah honestly giving the keys to random users who have no development experience and/or QA is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by iStinger View Post
    Yeah honestly giving the keys to random users who have no development experience and/or QA is silly.
    not true, standard users don't use a application the same way a developer would use it. for them to find all the bugs they will need all types of users using it.

but I agree that devs should get some priority.

Dear Diary,
    Today i woke up and still have not heard anything about teamspeak 5, as i sat there at work looking out the window just thinking...
    Birds singing in the background i thought to myself and said i have a soulution! I was not sure how the community will respond.
    Anyways the solution is for teamspeak to announce in gamescon 2019 that it will be released Q42019. But most likely Q32020

Best regards,

Huh? A very funny joke; ")

Name:	wwssw.PNG 
Views:	2337 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	17685

Quote Originally Posted by Estes View Post
    Huh? A very funny joke; ")
    What's funny about that? The poor guy running the socials probably has nothing to do with the current situation and is just bombarded with people like you constantly bitching. This whole fucking dumpster fire is caused by an absolute utter shit management, not him.

Thread Information