Forum

Page 103 of 116 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1738

Thread: TS5 discussion

  1. #1531
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by preterive View Post
    Watch There: https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...ver-3-8-0-Beta
    "We plan to release an update before the server beta ends. But at the moment we can not give you a release date for this."
    === Server Release 3.8.0 20 May 2019
    What has a random TS3 server update to do with the topic of this thread? (TS5)??

  2. #1532
    Join Date
    June 2008
    Posts
    18,151
    That has nothing to do with TS5. This update is for TS3.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

    TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

  3. #1533
    Join Date
    October 2016
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post
    Actually not. Electron means quick & stable developement and perfect cross compatibility.
    But also slow, resource hungry applications and large file sizes...

  4. #1534
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by boehseronkel View Post
    But also slow, resource hungry applications and large file sizes...
    Electron might be slow compared to a native application, but on normal hardware it is still fast enough that a user will probably not even notice a difference. Maybe startup is 1 sec longer but that's it. Electron is nothing more than a web browser. If you're fine with using youtube then you're fine with electron's speed.

    Every pc built in the last 10 years has enough resources to run 20 electron apps at the same time. Most electron apps will go below 50 MB of RAM when you don't have any available.

    How big is for example discord? 100MB? Oh shit, no pc can handle that. Fuck off, a pc from 2k could handle that file size.

  5. #1535
    Join Date
    March 2019
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post
    Electron might be slow compared to a native application, but on normal hardware it is still fast enough that a user will probably not even notice a difference. Maybe startup is 1 sec longer but that's it. Electron is nothing more than a web browser. If you're fine with using youtube then you're fine with electron's speed.

    Every pc built in the last 10 years has enough resources to run 20 electron apps at the same time. Most electron apps will go below 50 MB of RAM when you don't have any available.

    How big is for example discord? 100MB? Oh shit, no pc can handle that. Fuck off, a pc from 2k could handle that file size.
    Discord runs like garbage on a PC from 2k. Evidence: I've tried it.

  6. #1536
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Lark88 View Post
    Discord runs like garbage on a PC from 2k. Evidence: I've tried it.
    but at the same time we all call us "gamers" and using "gaming voice coms" just to sit on 2k pcs? Really?

    Idk, I upgrade my PC every 3-4 years, partwise, dunno what you guys are doing that you want all this performance so you can run it on what, a Raspberry Pie? So your cat can join the voice com?

    I'm kinda glad that TeamSpeak dropped the XP and Vista support, otherwise the users that are running those "superior" OS versions would also start to complain it doesn't run perfectly for them and their "top-notch" PCs.

  7. #1537
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    196
    If we canít have the beta can we at least have some more TeamSpeak 5 sneak peak pictures? No puzzles, just release some every Friday or something...

  8. #1538
    Join Date
    June 2018
    Posts
    4
    Good evening, Thank you for your quick response it's hot in the heart, I wanted to ask you if TeamSpeak 5 can be used from a browser? (without application)

    thank you in advance

  9. #1539
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by MauRo_Himalia View Post
    Good evening, Thank you for your quick response it's hot in the heart, I wanted to ask you if TeamSpeak 5 can be used from a browser? (without application)

    thank you in advance
    It probably won't simply because it's not written as a web app. If so they would very likely use electron because it's the only advanced framework for that. Just use Discord, Lol

  10. #1540
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post
    If so they would very likely use electron because it's the only advanced framework for that.
    Wrong.


  11. #1541
    Join Date
    October 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    48
    Is there some sort of "developer program" for the new API like pre-access or something like that?
    I would like to include TS-API features within a new webapp that is currently in development and (as of now) we only have the old node-based query-API to work with.

  12. #1542
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Wrong.

    What else do you wanna use for creating a client-side web app? The only a bit well developed alternatives are nw.js and some frameworks based on firefox, both of them aren't much better, if not even worse.

  13. #1543
    Join Date
    December 2016
    Posts
    30
    There are plenty of frameworks to make a web app. Its on them if they make it usable in a browser. I prefer using the desktop version but its easier for people to switch over to ts if they can test it in their browser without having to install anything. All we can do is waiting for it. At least we're getting answers now

  14. #1544
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post
    It probably won't simply because it's not written as a web app. If so they would very likely use electron because it's the only advanced framework for that. Just use Discord, Lol
    A majority of steam's client is web based and not using electron. There's plenty of chromium implementations outside electron, just that one uses node.js

    QTWebBrowser, which I'm pretty sure is already in TS3 (for the addons browser) might be using it

  15. #1545
    Join Date
    December 2016
    Posts
    30
    It is. Better chat and Demus are using these features. They just style the TS3 interface using html and css which is quiet nice

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.2.3
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 19th, 2018, 11:39 PM
  2. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1.7
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 27th, 2017, 02:49 PM
  3. [Discussion] Client 3.1.5
    By dante696 in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: July 30th, 2017, 01:20 AM
  4. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3.1.1 Beta Discussion
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 10th, 2017, 05:02 PM
  5. Find a discussion group
    By Chaffer in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 4th, 2015, 09:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •