Forum

Page 108 of 116 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1738

Thread: TS5 discussion

I do think they may have jumped the dates out a little too early, they were being optimistic, maybe too optimistic. I also think making TS5 work with existing TS3 servers and the road map to get those servers also updated to a point to support some of the features they may want in TS5 slowed release from the first plan. Had they just made TS5 a new client/server like TS3 was after TS2 I think that it may have been out in beta now, but with the number of different platforms TeamSpeak now supports that could have cause community fragmentation, if a user only uses a mobile client that is only at TS3 as of now and TS5 out for desktops the community would need to maintain 2 servers and could end up with some users on each, but not in communication with the those on the other version. Do I expect that at some point that a TS5 server will be released, yes, but not before there are stable versions of TS5 for all the current supported platforms.

Hope the wait is worth it, looking like it may be.

There is no TeamSpeak 5 server. What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    There is no TeamSpeak 5 server. What are you talking about?

He thinks they could have made a new client/server entirely from scratch faster than a new client.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    they could have made a new client/server entirely from scratch faster than a new client.
    That's the same thing, lol

will already be available for download this year?

I think that open beta ts5 should be first. I would not give only 100 codes to test it. No-one wants to wait much longer to get ts5.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerefGG View Post
    That's the same thing, lol

If you re-read what I said they were implying they could make a new client AND server faster than the TS5 client.

If you re-read what I said they were implying they could make a new client AND server faster than the TS5 client.
    Well, they could have done it if they used some modern framework for it. But unfortunately it still seems like teamspeak users do not posses 100 MB RAM for an application. Because as everyone knows, the 4, 8 or 16 GB of RAM most of the ts users have are not enough for that.

I'm saying it may have been possible to be more stable (maybe public beta) at this point if they chose to start clean again, like the TS2 -> TS3 update. Building it all new without the need to interface with an existing live system can be faster in some cases. But they are making it work with an existing server (TS3) while adding TS5 features that we hope are worth it. They have already updated the TS3 server and the TS3 client with updates needed to those live system to support (better interop with) TS5 client (work needed in old system and testing there takes some time from new system development). I would not be surprised to see a year or two after TS5 client goes final they release an updated server (TS5 maybe) that no longer supports the TS3 client. No where did I say a TS5 server is coming soon as I know they TS5 client currently is planned to run on TS3 servers. Then within a year of that the TS5 client dropping support for TS3 servers. I think of it as a road map, one I doubt they will discuss with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    I'm saying it may have been possible to be more stable (maybe public beta) at this point if they chose to start clean again, like the TS2 -> TS3 update. Building it all new without the need to interface with an existing live system can be faster in some cases. But they are making it work with an existing server (TS3) while adding TS5 features that we hope are worth it. They have already updated the TS3 server and the TS3 client with updates needed to those live system to support (better interop with) TS5 client (work needed in old system and testing there takes some time from new system development). I would not be surprised to see a year or two after TS5 client goes final they release an updated server (TS5 maybe) that no longer supports the TS3 client. No where did I say a TS5 server is coming soon as I know they TS5 client currently is planned to run on TS3 servers. Then within a year of that the TS5 client dropping support for TS3 servers. I think of it as a road map, one I doubt they will discuss with us.
    I don't see any technical reason to drop the TS3 Server, it works fine and does the job. Improving it more and adding features makes more sense than remaking it and making it TS5 client only.

I never said you implied they were making a TS5 Server, merely that you were stating you think they could make a new TS5 + Server faster than their current plan which I highly disagree with.

Okay peeps TS5 is not even at alpha how can there be a beta!!!! please see diagram on this.. so you can get a picture of the situation.They are probably going to erased this
    Name:  release-channels-lifecycle.png
Views: 1096
Size:  41.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tucamote View Post
    Okay peeps TS5 is not even at alpha how can there be a beta!!!! please see diagram on this.. so you can get a picture of the situation.They are probably going to erased this
    Name:  release-channels-lifecycle.png
Views: 1096
Size:  41.7 KB
    Source? Doesn't look real to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebu1331 View Post
    Source? Doesn't look real to me.
    LOL i used a diagram from google to show where teamspeak was at never said this was an official road map. This is usually how stuff works. just wanted to point out the stages of how stuff is released.

I think they only have one dev who has another fulltime job and only works for TS5 on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by tucamote View Post
    Okay peeps TS5 is not even at alpha how can there be a beta!!!!
    You sure?

https://twitter.com/syoxTS/status/1136667485443436547

closed alpha has been going for a while....you might want to read some posts on here...

Thread Information