Forum

Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1738

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlik007 View Post
    I am one of the 100 winners, and we haven't received any keys yet.
    Because, they are still in alpha, not in beta, which would be the keys you are waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunarito View Post
    Because, they are still in alpha, not in beta, which would be the keys you are waiting for.
    I know. I just wanted to point out, that the 100 winners aren't testing TS5 right now and haven't received any keys yet.
    Only a few people have access to the TS5 Closed Alpha.

No Closed Beta = No keys for the winners

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlik007 View Post
    I know. I just wanted to point out, that the 100 winners aren't testing TS5 right now and haven't received any keys yet.
    Only a few people have access to the TS5 Closed Alpha.

No Closed Beta = No keys for the winners
    ohh alright, didn't get that ^^ But true, I wonder when exactly they are done testing alpha as well. I was not elected as one of the winners, but I still hope for some more development

Quote Originally Posted by Yunarito View Post
    ohh alright, didn't get that ^^ But true, I wonder when exactly they are done testing alpha as well. I was not elected as one of the winners, but I still hope for some more development
    they're getting closer every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    We're getting closer every day. Just a little more patience please.

Quote Originally Posted by RealSYOX View Post
    Yeah I know, I am not too impatient :P I am defending them, though I cannot have the privilege of being one of the 100 nor the likes of you "alpha's" (no offense there lol), but I am trying my best to stay patient.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    We're getting closer every day. Just a little more patience please.

When will the closed beta start?

You are 6 months overdue, you need to step up your game

Quote Originally Posted by Raider007 View Post
    When will the closed beta start?

You are 6 months overdue, you need to step up your game
    As stated above, it's still in the closed alpha, which is almost every day having an increase in the version number.

Just because they are overdue to their original statement, this doesn't mean, they ain't doing shit. It's not that they can say: "Oh we need 20 more days of 8hrs work, then we got it", software development doesn't work that way.

Or do you want a half-baked cake for your birthday, just cause mommy promised you one for that day? I rather prefer the finished and tasteful cake, whenever it's ready then. But of course I can understand the nagging moaning for the time being.

No but if mommy already is in the process of baking the damn cake and realizes that it needs some more time she will say:
    It is nearly finished, just wait a little more.
    I would then come to the conclusion that it wont take momma ?half a year? without a good excuse to finish the damn cake.
    Short version:
    reasonable delay.

If you compare mommy and her birthday cake with Teamspeak 5, it's as if on the morning of the birthday party mommy says: "kid, this year I will bake you and your guests a brand new cake." Then she goes to download the new recipe from some recipe database and is going to study what ingredients might be required. Then she goes out to buy them, realizing that not everything is available from stores nearby. When she comes back with all the ingredients, it's afternoon and the party is about to begin and the first guests arrive. While the party starts with hungry guests, she tries to work out the recipe and create the cake. It's complicated and requires many steps of preparation. It's not yet in the oven when the party is over and the guests start to leave. The next day, the first version is half baked, and the second one is burnt. The next one is too sweet, because the recipe dictates too much sugar. But some day later she might have figured out how the recipe is to be interpreted. Perhaps next birthday.

@ScP come on! give us something

Syox aren't you an Alpha Tester. How about some insider infos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kidding i know you can't talk. But maybe Randomhost he has always such an huge mouth here and is also an Alpha Tester,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kidding i know you can't talk

I mean the issue right now is that there is no scale on how long it will take for the closed/open beta to arrive.
    Right now more than a half year has passed.
    The non-alpha-tester canīt judge if it is going to take another month or another year.

Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    I mean the issue right now is that there is no scale on how long it will take for the closed/open beta to arrive.
    Right now more than a half year has passed.
    The non-alpha-tester canīt judge if it is going to take another month or another year.
    The alpha testers have no clue either.

We can (or rather can't) talk about the current state which we are presented with. We get acknowledgements that the things we report will get fixed / added but not necessarily any timelines when that's going to happen. There are things which get fixed / added the next day and then there are also things which have been reported weeks ago and are still not fixed.

That's how software development works. Development resources are limited. They got to prioritize things and decide which issues are show stoppers and which are not.

Again, the expectations are high because some fool published a release deadline by Q4 2018 which leads people to think that it should have been ready by that date. Unfortunately, it didn't work out and they absolutely failed to communicate that properly. We have discussed this so many times, it's getting old. And I'm feeling like I'm repeating myself over an over again.

But maybe Randomhost he has always such an huge mouth here and is also an Alpha Tester,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kidding i know you can't talk
    Actually, I don't just have a huge mouth. Actually, I put together that list on reddit which summarizes all the publicly available information in one place. That is basically what that Microsite was supposed to do, but it's nowhere to be found.

So, what else do you expect me to do besides betraying people I personally know by leaking confidential information?

I don't know what people are thinking. I was approached by a TeamSpeak employee to give my opinion on their new software simply because I have a background with TeamSpeak and know the software quite well and now some people seem to think that I'm ScP's boyfriend or something which simply isn't the case.

As much as I'm fed up with TeamSpeak's failure to properly communicate with their customers (including me) and as much as I'm willing to rub that in their face whenever I can, I also feel bad for doing so because some of the people working for them have been my buddies for many years and it feels wrong to stab their back.

So if you are looking for leaks, ask someone else. I'm already doing what I can to share the things that I can share. And I can tell you that it's not particularly satisfying with all the hate and flaming that you get for actually just trying to help.

Syox aren't you an Alpha Tester. How about some insider infos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kidding i know you can't talk.
    No, not really. I think RandomHost said it best. We report things and they are getting fixed/added in the client. I can really understand the community, but I also understand the developers now a little more. There was bad communication internally but also externally at TeamSpeak. I do my best and always try to report bugs as soon as possible so they can be fixed/added. But I also think, as RandomHost has already said again , that many things are getting repeated in this Thread now because there is nothing much to discuss anymore. I mean we are already 115 Pages in, that is really impressive if you ask me. The thing I really want from TeamSpeak is that they start to communicate with us (the Community), I know I can't really compare a Video Game with a VoIP Software, but maybe some of you have heard of H1Z1, it was a really popular game back in the days, the Developers have killed their own game because they didn't listen to the Professional Players or even the entire Community. They knew exactly what they wanted and what the game needed but the Devs have failed. I don't want TeamSpeak to fail, it's a great software and I hope it will still exist in the next 10 Years or *EVEN FURTHER BEYOND* <- ( Son-Goku )

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    The alpha testers have no clue either.

We can (or rather can't) talk about the current state which we are presented with. We get acknowledgements that the things we report will get fixed / added but not necessarily any timelines when that's going to happen. There are things which get fixed / added the next day and then there are also things which have been reported weeks ago and are still not fixed.

That's how software development works. Development resources are limited. They got to prioritize things and decide which issues are show stoppers and which are not.

Again, the expectations are high because some fool published a release deadline by Q4 2018 which leads people to think that it should have been ready by that date. Unfortunately, it didn't work out and they absolutely failed to communicate that properly. We have discussed this so many times, it's getting old. And I'm feeling like I'm repeating myself over an over again.

Here is a joke for all of you.

what do you call cheese that isn’t yours?

exactly!

Stolen... Stealing is bad and you should return it.

Stolen... Stealing is bad and you should return it.
    But nothing tastes as good as stolen cheese

Thread Information