Forum

Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116
Results 1,726 to 1,738 of 1738

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    And I can tell you that it's not particularly satisfying with all the hate and flaming that you get for actually just trying to help.
    Well, I converted from the nice supporter guy to the sarcastic guy some time ago. It stems from the deep resignation I feel upon the product development strategy of Teamspeak. I don't know why I even care, but actually, I do care.

Until about 1 year ago, I only made constructive posts and the occasional suggestion of how Teamspeak could be enhanced to stay state of the art. With Discord coming up, I was not alone with that, and there were quite many enhancement requests and sophisticated descriptions of what could be done. But there was absolutely no response from Teamspeak. I don't mean response in the forum, I mean response with actual changes in the Teamspeak software. Basically, Teamspeak today is the same as it was at 3.0 release 10 years ago.

Now the major part of the Teamspeak community is gone irreversibly. Teamspeak watched the decline over the course of many years and literally did nothing! Ok, they did merchandise, tightened the ropes around the NPL, tightened the legal blah in the license, which all squeezes more money out of the existing software, but they did no technical development.

This is something I don't understand, and from this stems my sarcastic, even toxic comments over the course of the last few months. Now it's too late of course, no shiny new client will change anything. According to the changes we see in the Teamspeak server (almost none), we can see that many asked vital enhancements will not be in the v5 client anyway. Apparently, Teamspeak will stay voip only and will not make a step to be a messenger like Discord. But this is not what today's communities require.

Teamspeak will wither like Ventrilo and live up a shadowy existence the remaining years. They probably sell their services and API to development studios who want to integrate voip into their product and make their main money from that.

But the days of big Teamspeak community voip gaming servers are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    Now it's too late of course, no shiny new client will change anything. According to the changes we see in the Teamspeak server (almost none), we can see that many asked vital enhancements will not be in the v5 client anyway. Apparently, Teamspeak will stay voip only and will not make a step to be a messenger like Discord. But this is not what today's communities require.
    I don't know where you get that information from. If you look at the things we know it looks like it's NOT just VoIP. Just look at the puzzle. And the server is capable of managing messages no problem.

The alpha testers have no clue either.

We can (or rather can't) talk about the current state which we are presented with. We get acknowledgements that the things we report will get fixed / added but not necessarily any timelines when that's going to happen. There are things which get fixed / added the next day and then there are also things which have been reported weeks ago and are still not fixed.

That's how software development works. Development resources are limited. They got to prioritize things and decide which issues are show stoppers and which are not.

Again, the expectations are high because some fool published a release deadline by Q4 2018 which leads people to think that it should have been ready by that date. Unfortunately, it didn't work out and they absolutely failed to communicate that properly. We have discussed this so many times, it's getting old. And I'm feeling like I'm repeating myself over an over again.

Actually, I don't just have a huge mouth. Actually, I put together that list on reddit which summarizes all the publicly available information in one place. That is basically what that Microsite was supposed to do, but it's nowhere to be found.

So, what else do you expect me to do besides betraying people I personally know by leaking confidential information?

I don't know what people are thinking. I was approached by a TeamSpeak employee to give my opinion on their new software simply because I have a background with TeamSpeak and know the software quite well and now some people seem to think that I'm ScP's boyfriend or something which simply isn't the case.

As much as I'm fed up with TeamSpeak's failure to properly communicate with their customers (including me) and as much as I'm willing to rub that in their face whenever I can, I also feel bad for doing so because some of the people working for them have been my buddies for many years and it feels wrong to stab their back.

So if you are looking for leaks, ask someone else. I'm already doing what I can to share the things that I can share. And I can tell you that it's not particularly satisfying with all the hate and flaming that you get for actually just trying to help.
    Last time i checked you are ScPs girl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kidding i know you can't talk
    you wanna give me a new reputation comment?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kidding i know you can't talk

Quote Originally Posted by josch700 View Post
    I don't know where you get that information from. If you look at the things we know it looks like it's NOT just VoIP. Just look at the puzzle. And the server is capable of managing messages no problem.
    The server is capable of sending messages. Yes.

But the server is not capable of storing them. This means you need to be online to see the message history for that time frame. Aka you cant join a server and see what your friends posted in the last few hours.
    This is based on the fact that TS5 will run on TS3 server, and TS3 server do not have this feature right now.
    So this also means that all the Alpha tester currently do not have a stored permanent chat. Maybe the chat gets stored client side, but this will also only cover chat entries that occur when you are online/TS5 client is running.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post

But the server is not capable of storing them. This means you need to be online to see the message history for that time frame. Aka you cant join a server and see what your friends posted in the last few hours.
    This is based on the fact that TS5 will run on TS3 server, and TS3 server do not have this feature right now.
    So this also means that all the Alpha tester currently do not have a stored permanent chat. Maybe the chat gets stored client side, but this will also only cover chat entries that occur when you are online/TS5 client is running.
    if Teamspeak dosen't have this feature they are done!
    Everybody in the gaming community world wants an permanent chat system like discord. stored permanently and accesible from mobile apps, browser and client. So when a new person joins the chat group they can simply scroll back to read. voice mails and pictures should be supported as well,,,,Teamspeak this is do or die right here!

This is the most important feature of everything!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider007 View Post
    if Teamspeak dosen't have this feature they are done!
    Everybody in the gaming community world wants an permanent chat system like discord. stored permanently and accesible from mobile apps, browser and client. So when a new person joins the chat group they can simply scroll back to read. voice mails and pictures should be supported as well,,,,Teamspeak this is do or die right here!

This is the most important feature of everything!!
    We don’t know if they have an update for TS3 servers to be able to do this once TS5 client launches maybe it’s one of the reasons why they have delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    We don’t know if they have an update for TS3 servers to be able to do this once TS5 client launches maybe it’s one of the reasons why they have delayed.
    Maybe. But this is quite a huge feature to implement. Because until now they don't really use a DB for storing client renerrgated data, besides from the client with his permissions and channels+permissions.

So adding a new DB that is actually performant and can store big amounts of data, because big server have a lot of messages is quite a challenge imo. Also you need a way to store other medias liek music files or images and videos, if they want to support them in chat (via drag and drop).

And TeamSpeak has no real experience in that area, simply because they never used those in their product.
    This doesn't mean they don't know what they need to do or how to do it. But this will cause a few bugs and issues further down the road. Especially if they really only bring it in at a later point in time. Public Beta or even after initial release.

This are things you need to consider before you jump on TeamSpeaks side. I mean they had a plan of releasing their software 6+ months ago. And yet they don't have this feature as of yet. So you guys need to understand that some people in this thread are concerned if the product (even after being heavily delayed) will be a good product at all.

Schlumpi said it best. TeamSpeak lacked innovation for sooo long, now they need to catch-up and are noticing that this catch-up actually costs some time and resource. Probably more what they thought/wanted. Maybe they also added more features to their new product because of a certain backslash/demand from the community side.

What exactly do you think myTeamSpeak is then? The TeamSpeak 3 server clearly has no support for storing user's bookmarks so there must be some sort of magic involved, right?

Good grief, please think before posting. They already have a centralized service which stores things globally so what on earth makes you believe that they are not capable of extending that so it can store text messages?

The amount of accumulated bullshit in these last few posts is over 9000.

Edit:
    I wish the dreaded marketing department would actually read the forums because these posts are the result of TeamSpeak's horrible information policy.

What exactly do you think myTeamSpeak is then? The TeamSpeak 3 server clearly has no support for storing user's bookmarks so there must be some sort of magic involved, right?
    Yes, absolutely right. The TS3 server doesn't care jack shit about the users local bookmarks. This gets handled by the TS3 client or the myTeamSpeak sync service, which isn't much more than a small profile worth a few kb that needs to get send every time a client syncs.

And now you really want to store the chat for each server or user on a centralized myTeamSpeak server? So a huge amount of traffic, because every clients needs to fetch those messages when he joins server X? Very clever.
    And this would also mean, that every time the myTeamSpeak server is down (Which happend quiet a lot in the past) you can't access the chat history of your local/own server.

Furthermore local/LAN server wouldn't be able to use the chat history at all.

And you also belief, that TeamSpeak, a company that claims to value the privacy of each user wants to handel all the chat data? So they will give away huge amount of data when they get hacked/have a security hole?

Please think before posting such nosense.

Uhmm I am humbly requesting and begging them to answer one question:

Is there even 1% chance that you will bring TS5 to public beta stage in 2019?

This is the last post before I retire myself from this stupid TS forum forever cuz Idgaf about TS5 coming in 2020. The development is given to some 5 year old kids who are good for nothing.

Furthermore local/LAN server wouldn't be able to use the chat history at all.
    Who said that the local server chat is going away? What if they just added the global cloud stuff on top of what they already had? 🤔
    And you also belief, that TeamSpeak, a company that claims to value the privacy of each user wants to handel all the chat data? So they will give away huge amount of data when they get hacked/have a security hole?
    You mean like synced myTeamSpeak bookmarks which TeamSpeak claims are already encrypted so that doesn't happen? 🤔
    Please think before posting such nosense.
    You are so busy being angry at TeamSpeak that you seem to completely rule out the possibility that they might be doing at least some things right.

And this is why I can't take you serious anymore.

Who said that the local server chat is going away? What if they just added the global cloud stuff on top of what they already had? ��
    Nobody said that. As you quote me I said chat history wont be available for LAN servers.

You mean like synced myTeamSpeak bookmarks which TeamSpeak claims are already encrypted so that doesn't happen? ��
    Encrypting something that is mostly static and only gets synced a few times a day is something else than storing hundreds or thousands of messages per second. I really really don't think TeamSpeaks wants to handle that amount of traffic, given the fact that it is a rather small company with no history in hosting (besides from the accounting and myTeamSpeak server).

You also might want to have a read about this topic: https://blog.discordapp.com/how-disc...s-7fa6ec7ee4c7

You are so busy being angry at TeamSpeak that you seem to completely rule out the possibility that they might be doing at least some things right.

And this is why I can't take you serious anymore.
    First of all, I'm not angry at Teamspeak. I feel more salty and being dumped, but hey, nothing that should worry you
    Secondly, you seem to have little to no knowledge about software architecture and limits. As well as TeamSpeaks business architecture.
    I mean you are the one that brings up the magic stuff with the idea of TeamSpeak hosting a separate server to just handle all the chat entries. Worldwide. On all Teamspeak servers.
    Even tho you and I know TeamSpeak doesn't even host TeamSpeaks 3 server for customers.

The only possible solution for this is of course integrating the chat into their Server product, which will probably happen sooner or later. And I was only worried that such a crucial feature is still not being tested as of yet, because we know what the TS3 server offers, which is the base for the alpha testers.

That is all I wanted to say. But you choose to go full ballistic and come up with some very strange ideas that do not fit the concept of TeamSpeak philosophy about being the owner of your data.

Name:  xEJQDDy.png
Views: 3943
Size:  63.1 KB

Because if they choose to store your data we could start using the same argument that all the people use in this forum against Discord. Data selling.

Sorry guys... but this „discussion“ is over now. Feel free to provide constructive feedback or ask meaningful questions about TS5 in new threads.

Thread Information