Forum

Page 111 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1760

Thread: TS5 discussion

  1. #1651
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by kashinoda View Post
    Some really horrible replies on this thread.

    People talking like they backed a Kickstarter project that's gone to shit. Not sure this thread really has any value?

    If you're going to move to Discord then just do it? No one cares about your 1000 word essay on how you've somehow been let down. It's all a bit cringe.
    It’s Good to see it being documented that people are leaving, because if they release the beta and wonder why it’s not a big hit it may be because they have lost everyone already to discord and not because discord is better but because they fail to communicate with their supporters. This isn’t Kickstarter indeed, but losing supporters of 5/10/15yrs that’s going to take a toll down the road, people won’t want to come back once they’ve nested on discord and if you disrespect those supporters by ignoring them they have more reason not to return even if TS5 is the best VOIP ever.

  2. #1652
    Join Date
    August 2015
    Location
    Desktop
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    It’s Good to see it being documented that people are leaving, because if they release the beta and wonder why it’s not a big hit it may be because they have lost everyone already to discord and not because discord is better but because they fail to communicate with their supporters. This isn’t Kickstarter indeed, but losing supporters of 5/10/15yrs that’s going to take a toll down the road, people won’t want to come back once they’ve nested on discord and if you disrespect those supporters by ignoring them they have more reason not to return even if TS5 is the best VOIP ever.

    They'll be back. If they get that emotional that they write 1000 word essay, they'll return.

  3. #1653
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    It’s Good to see it being documented that people are leaving, because if they release the beta and wonder why it’s not a big hit it may be because they have lost everyone already to discord and not because discord is better but because they fail to communicate with their supporters. This isn’t Kickstarter indeed, but losing supporters of 5/10/15yrs that’s going to take a toll down the road, people won’t want to come back once they’ve nested on discord and if you disrespect those supporters by ignoring them they have more reason not to return even if TS5 is the best VOIP ever.
    If you've been using TeamSpeak for 15 years and leave because the BETA for a free update has been pushed back then I don't know what to say.

    There are some communication issues for sure but the outrage has been absolutely mad in this thread. The vast majority don't even know there is a beta, and a similar amount of people don't care enough to take anything to heart. I have a Teamspeak server with about 30 regular users and none of them know it exists.

    This thread is basically a hate filled echo chamber, any reasonable criticism is buried by entitled posts and unwarranted rants.

  4. #1654
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by kashinoda View Post
    If you've been using TeamSpeak for 15 years and leave because the BETA for a free update has been pushed back then I don't know what to say.

    There are some communication issues for sure but the outrage has been absolutely mad in this thread. The vast majority don't even know there is a beta, and a similar amount of people don't care enough to take anything to heart. I have a Teamspeak server with about 30 regular users and none of them know it exists.

    This thread is basically a hate filled echo chamber, any reasonable criticism is buried by entitled posts and unwarranted rants.
    I think your point that most of the people do not care is valid.
    However there are some server owners with communitys here and if they decide that their community will leave to discord, 10,50 or 100 people will follow them.

    But they won't leave because they postponed a beta.
    They leave because atm discord is the better product for a community and the lack of communication aswell as innovations in the last decade on teamspeaks end doesn't set signs for a bright future.
    Last edited by mindo; June 18th, 2019 at 10:41 AM.

  5. #1655
    Join Date
    December 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by kashinoda View Post
    Some really horrible replies on this thread.

    People talking like they backed a Kickstarter project that's gone to shit. Not sure this thread really has any value?

    If you're going to move to Discord then just do it? No one cares about your 1000 word essay on how you've somehow been let down. It's all a bit cringe.

    I know that this is not a Kickstarter project, in fact this is the problem. People are angry because TeamSpeak is a real company, not a project.
    People are angry because there is no communication between Devs and users (maybe for a legal reason, but we don't know)
    People are angry because we asked for infos and they said "You'll have all the infos soon" but we received nothing.
    We are angry because we still trust TS and every day we espect that TeamSpeak will amaze us, but every day we found people complaining about their behavior.
    Honestly I love teamspeak and I won't leave them. I just wait ( like every day since they announced ts5)

    I love teamspeak, but I am not afraid to show the facts I see.

  6. #1656
    Join Date
    August 2017
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post

    Psst, Discord does still not sell your damn data. Their business model is a different one and it would probably hurt them more than it gains them. Also you are probably using whatsapp, facebook, google, etc. everyday. Those companies are telling everyone open that they sell their data, so stop your hypocrisy.
    I looked into this a while ago. Unless something changed, they do sell your data. They just claim they don't sell it, but they share it with partners. Partners who gave them millions, and if I remember right, some of them are known for selling data... They can call it whatever they want. In the end, they're still selling you. If you wanna be used like and sold by discord, that's on you, but don't "church" up what they do.

  7. #1657
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeewth View Post
    They'll be back. If they get that emotional that they write 1000 word essay, they'll return.
    Realistically, no, they won't.

    The only way for them to come back is if Teamspeak releases some new tech that gamers would actually use, and I highly doubt this will be the case for Teamspeak 5, in fact I'm almost sure many of it's new features are just playing catch-up to discord's. Yes current users of Teamspeak will be happy, but winning the ones that have left them back from discord? Don't bet on it. Maybe if they had an add-on that allowed them to login to message friends in discord via TS5 so they could use both Discord and Teamspeak kinda like what Trillian did with Windows Live Messenger, Skype and AIM so you could message friends all in 1 messenger, then they might be on to something, Realistically tho, they aren't coming back there's no need to.

    Quote Originally Posted by kashinoda View Post
    If you've been using TeamSpeak for 15 years and leave because the BETA for a free update has been pushed back then I don't know what to say.

    There are some communication issues for sure but the outrage has been absolutely mad in this thread. The vast majority don't even know there is a beta, and a similar amount of people don't care enough to take anything to heart. I have a Teamspeak server with about 30 regular users and none of them know it exists.

    This thread is basically a hate filled echo chamber, any reasonable criticism is buried by entitled posts and unwarranted rants.
    I've been using Teamspeak for 14yrs myself, I wouldn't leave because of it being pushed back, I'd leave because of the disrespect they give us and obviously failing to inform us of why people should stay with Teamspeak, rather than their idea of "SURPRISE LOOK WHAT WE HAVEEEE PLEASE COME BACK?" they are going to waste all this time trying to surprise us with features that simply won't win back what was already lost. People have a right to be pissed, they keep shoving a cookie in front of our faces and then taking it away making people lose excitement of the cookie. Yes some people have been way overboard in some statements but the majority here all feel the same, LACK OF COMMUNICATION, they even apologized for it and guess what? They STILL lack communication, it's unbelievable it really is I'm surprised nobody has taken this to news websites and start smacking the devs to finally wake them up.

    Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    I think your point that most of the people do not care is valid.
    However there are some server owners with communitys here and if they decide that their community will leave to discord, 10,50 or 100 people will follow them.
    Name:  Untitled632.png
Views: 1689
Size:  326.6 KB

    We have had our vote and at 142 votes, and majority are in favor of leaving between the yes and the no, only reason why we haven't left is because it was so close that we didn't want to piss off the yes voters so decided to wait to see what TS5 offers first and if it's not up to par with discord or better then say goodbye to another large Teamspeak community (Ranked #3 in USA on GT), other large ones like TSF (Team Special Forces) have already made the jump, good luck trying to win them back just because you wanted to "surprise" us with features (or surprise us at gamescom), it's like the main person in charge who felt between those years of 2010-2015 they are king so no need to innovate or change much is still making these decisions which will once again hurt them badly.

  8. #1658
    Join Date
    November 2017
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has taken this to news websites and start smacking the devs to finally wake them up.
    That's probably because an article about the "lack of TeamSpeak 5" wouldn't attract a lot of readers since most people are either happy with TeamSpeak 3 and may not even be aware that TeamSpeak 5 is in the making or they are unhappy with TeamSpeak and have since moved away to competitors.

    TeamSpeak 5 simply isn't a "hot topic" right now.


    Sadly, the "person in charge" is still nowhere to be seen. All we see are "regular" employees doing damage control and sometimes anonymous "TimSpeak" marketing accounts posting marketing stuff. That's it.

    An it's disappointing, like nobody at TeamSpeak is willing to take responsibility for the things which went wrong.

  9. #1659
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    That's probably because an article about the "lack of TeamSpeak 5" wouldn't attract a lot of readers since most people are either happy with TeamSpeak 3 and may not even be aware that TeamSpeak 5 is in the making or they are unhappy with TeamSpeak and have since moved away to competitors.

    TeamSpeak 5 simply isn't a "hot topic" right now.


    Sadly, the "person in charge" is still nowhere to be seen. All we see are "regular" employees doing damage control and sometimes anonymous "TimSpeak" marketing accounts posting marketing stuff. That's it.

    An it's disappointing, like nobody at TeamSpeak is willing to take responsibility for the things which went wrong.
    Why would the article be about lack of TeamSpeak 5, would be more like “TeamSpeak devs snub fans digging deeper grave” and seeing so many leave here based on their complete silence I think many would be interested to see how they are blowing this launch just based on their lack of communication alone, many here said already they are willing to wait they just want communication, throw us a small update once a month or even two, ridiculous I tell ya to have such fans yet take them for granted.
    Last edited by Trunkz Jr; June 19th, 2019 at 12:53 PM.

  10. #1660
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by mazeman View Post
    @ScP how do we looking on the closed beta? any info?
    We're getting closer every day. Just a little more patience please.


  11. #1661
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    We're getting closer every day. Just a little more patience please.

    @ScP Can we expect something possibly before gamescom?

  12. #1662
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    We're getting closer every day. Just a little more patience please.

    Q4 2021. Well known

  13. #1663
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    We're getting closer every day. Just a little more patience please.

    Hype is dead a long time ago. We need more info. The best way you can do it, it's by showing us a project timeline where we can see what you have already done and what are you up to. This is the only way some ppl will wait imo

  14. #1664
    Join Date
    October 2016
    Posts
    130
    Guys, relax!

    It just needs some more polishing...


  15. #1665
    Join Date
    April 2017
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by boehseronkel View Post
    Guys, relax!

    It just needs some more polishing...

    Any infos you wanna share?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.2.3
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 20th, 2018, 12:39 AM
  2. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1.7
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 27th, 2017, 03:49 PM
  3. [Discussion] Client 3.1.5
    By dante696 in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: July 30th, 2017, 02:20 AM
  4. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3.1.1 Beta Discussion
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 10th, 2017, 06:02 PM
  5. Find a discussion group
    By Chaffer in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 4th, 2015, 10:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •