Forum

Page 87 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1738

Thread: TS5 discussion

Getting used to it doesn't make it acceptable. Remember: Many of us have to decide on tight community budgets about their future voip program. Some of them can't wait because the community and their potential trial members / whatever force them to switch to the competitor. It's not the childs "i hold my breath till i have what I want" but the adults "I have to base my decision on facts" - and as of yet : there are none.

Just send ts5 beta to all the people who registered for beta participation. I know developers of ts5 got some big ego issues afterall your voice comm app is made for the public right? It will be the public who decides the fate of this app.

With the passing time your app is not getting any positive reviews anyway and people have lost their faith in ts5 developers. I don't see any bright future to keep a community here anymore as well.

more than 3 months of delay, lack of communication and stupid marketing team has bought you this.
    Change your leadership maybe........there are people who have spent more than a decade on ts and our heart breaks when we see this stupidity and miscommunication in your system.

TS is dying just don't let it die.

It's later middle of the week and there is no official communication attempt to state an appropriate roadmap of what comes now, and what comes next.

I am very sure that a roadmap would assure many of us in the fact that TeamSpeak is developing, because to many it might sound like the development is not progressing well enough for the platform to be profitable to sustain a community in.

Larger licenses are quite costly and every license (default, gamer, etc.) require a server as well, which either calculates to hosting costs or additional electricity costs added to the bill.

I hope that TeamSpeak understands that a platform without appropriate communication regarding such crucial matters as the development might be seen as unprofitable (not worth the cost compared to provided benefits) and undesirable for a community manager to sustain their community in.

Quote Originally Posted by Operativ View Post
    It's later middle of the week and there is no official communication attempt to state an appropriate roadmap of what comes now, and what comes next.
    Since 7 days TeamSpeak posted nothing on Twitter although they are such active there. Maybe they want us to think nothing comes yet and then they will start the beta ^^

There is just 1 thing i don't understand. Isn't a Beta here for finding bugs and report them? I mean why does it need to be "polished"?

Still hyped for TS5.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebu1331 View Post
    There is just 1 thing i don't understand. Isn't a Beta here for finding bugs and report them? I mean why does it need to be "polished"?

Still hyped for TS5.
    A few people here (myself included) have the theory that TeamSpeak announced their new product prematurely. So if they would have released it like they planned (with only a visual overhaul or so) at the end of Q4 18, then they would have just released a non-competitive software and call it "new" and "improved".
    So they noticed that and went back to the drawing board and started to implement some features and make it more competitive. But that takes time and instead of being honest or something along those lines, they just go radio silence and hope that the shitstorm won't be to big, which works so far for them. All the shit storm they have is only a single forum thread, which can be deleted at any time and a few "mean" and "angry" Twitter posts.

That's at least what I gathered from posts in this thread and what I think is also the most plausible theory to all of this "non-communication". They just need more time to get something that the community (and possible competitive companies) wont laugh about. Pair that with the small (under 10 dev team) and you have this mess we are in right now.

Disclaimer: Nothing official, just community thoughts that come up after months of zero communication

I just watched the Gearbox stream on Twitch with 220k viewers. As TeamSpeak continues to be quiet about their new TS5 client, which they wanted to release in Q4 2018, publishers and developers always tell the people to join their TeamSpeak competitor to get some benefits or enter giveaways. I think TeamSpeak will never be the same again, if they donīt start using their last chances now, because as you all can see, this stream was about the new Borderlands. And I would say, that at least 75% of their viewers followed their call to join their Discord. You can see this at all the other large streams with hundreds of thousands of people watching too.
    A few years ago, basically all streamers or communities used to have a button to join their TeamSpeak server. I miss this. You canīt find this anywhere nowadays, thatīs what makes me sad since I love TS and prefer it over competitors for a lot of reasons.
    I really hope to hear something soon (next few weeks/months) from TeamSpeak or the giveaway winners. Since Q4 is over I lost a lot of my my small userbase and I donīt think they will ever come back. I have to start thinking about keeping up my server now for economic reasons. I never thought this day will come, but itīs finally here :/

I will continue to read this thread with the hope to find official info soon.
    Name:  gearbox_discord_twitch.png
Views: 1204
Size:  185.8 KB

Teamspeak 5 – A never ending story

I made a short summary about the last teamspeak fails, if there is anyone new to this and wants to know what happened, without reading 80 pages

Teamspeak 5 – A never ending story

German
    https://blog.yakuza112.org/2019/team...-ending-story/

English (Google Translate)
    https://translate.google.de/translat...nding-story%2F

PS: thanks for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by D0mm4S View Post
    snip
    The saddest part here is that I looked up to compare TeamSpeak and Discord financial reports. Some sources put TeamSpeak's annual revenue as $4.4 million, whereas Discord's as $5.1 million.

Some sites estimate TeamSpeak's employee number around 61 people, and Discord's about 97 people.

If these statistics are correct, then we can clearly see that Discord invests more into its development than TeamSpeak does, although the former is collecting data and does not provide private server hosting, whereas the latter (TeamSpeak) does not collect data and allows only private server hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebu1331 View Post
    I think "polished" in this case doesn`t mean that TS5 needs some last improvements, it just means that TS5 is not finished even for a alpha or beta state.

There has to be a lot more to do, than just fixing some bugs...

What annoys me is that they had to knew this before all that Puzzle and Giveaway BS.

The Bata registration page states "Our TeamSpeak 5 Beta Program is nearly ready to launch!" for over 8 months now.
    The Puzzle states "Oh BTW, that Beta key you wanted is around here somewhere"
    The Giveaway Page states "TS5 IS FINALLY HERE" since mid February.

All three statements are misleading if not plain false.
    Nearly is not over 8 Months and as it seems it will be even longer than that.
    There was no Beta key in that puzzle. That was just a "key" for entering a Giveaway.
    And the definition of "IS HERE" means right now. Not in any foreseeable future.
    I am not even mentioning Q4/2018 here...

Teamspeak is buying time. With every word they say or don`t say they are trying to buy more time...
    I have no problem with no information. I have a problem with intentionally spreading misleading or false information.

IMO

I don't understand why everybody is moaning lol, if you're actually part of the "beta" (notice I say beta meaning it's way surpassed alpha) then you'll have access to it. If you're not then you don't have access. Surely if you were going to get one shot to claw back control of voice services from gamers then you'd want to make sure it was perfect for release or you'd run the risk of sending everybody to discord.

In any case when you all get access to try it out too i'm sure you'll see that they've done a good job!!

Where do you guys find the updates?

I was looking for updates on TS5, but couldnt seem to find any on the Face Book. Where are you guys finding them?

Quote Originally Posted by Lark88 View Post
    I don't understand why everybody is moaning lol, if you're actually part of the "beta" (notice I say beta meaning it's way surpassed alpha) then you'll have access to it. If you're not then you don't have access. Surely if you were going to get one shot to claw back control of voice services from gamers then you'd want to make sure it was perfect for release or you'd run the risk of sending everybody to discord.

In any case when you all get access to try it out too i'm sure you'll see that they've done a good job!!

Because some of us are paying clients of TeamSpeak, none of us have any information on any of this and are getting fed up of the radio silence from TeamSpeak. Most of us don't give a shit about the beta but want clear, concise information.

The Android App just received an Update. Don't know about iOS.

No new updates on IOS.

Thread Information