Forum

Page 101 of 116 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1738

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by florian2833z View Post
    Why is there a closed beta in the first place? If you have thousands of beta testers, the results will be even better.
    Either that or thousands of beta testers are going to report the same (already known) issues a thousand times simultaneously and cause a lot of administrative overhead that they cannot deal with because they only have so many employees.

It makes sense to restrict the number of concurrent testers to some number that you can actually handle.

Oh jey, we're getting responses now. I hope it is as awesome as you said. Can you twll us anything about the first wave of invitations? Will it only contain the winners or will some of the people who applied very early also get an invite? Im an german dev by myself and we wouldnt start a beta with just 300 users, so that would just make sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    No. Having a license does not make you a preferred beta tester.

Definitely.
    great, i appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    Don't worry there. TS2 wasn't dead the day TS3 was released either.
    Well, there is also a big difference in how I understand this update to be planned. I don't see TS3 dieing nearly as fast with TS5 release as TS2 did with TS5. With the TS2->TS3 update servers and clients required update at the same time and there was no mixing TS2<->TS3 server or clients. With TS5 it is a client update that will work with existing TS3 servers and can have a mixed user base on TS3 and TS5. This will actually work to prevent splitting the community where some users refuse to run beta software and others want the features of it. This could be a good thing for stability with users that want that. Once TS5 goes stable we'll see how long until a server update that drops support for TS3 client.

5) People don't like spoilers.
    I like to be spoiled. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Sounds good, will the beta be given to paying license holders?
    No. Having a license does not make you a preferred beta tester.
    But, having a paid license may allow an additional way of reporting problems through support ticket system.

Speaking of a ticket system.

You may want to include some sort of basic form directly into the program to make it more easy for people to contact you.

Maybe include a checkbox to attach an auto-generated log or something - That should help troubleshooting a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by LKNickname View Post
    You may want to include some sort of basic form directly into the program to make it more easy for people to contact you.
    Yes.

Yes.

Nice.

• 1: Will ts5 use the Qt framework as well?
    • 2: And in that case, will it have native python support?
    • 3: Will there be changes for the VoiceData streaming?

Right now Qt for Python is one of the most popular topics about Qt. We could create insane plugins with it.

Also, there are popular ts3 bots written on Python as well. It could be really nice being able to do more stuff in TS5 from python (specially for AI and SpeechRecognition + Text To Speech for fully voice bots like Siri, Cortana, etc. Which is the future).

That could be something really nice because Discord lacks of those features and our community could pretty much create something that cool. (Asking because I am intending to do something like a free plugin Voice AI since I've been working on ASR and TTS for years, but can only on Python as I lack of the proper knowledge to do it on other languages).

Note: The PyTSon plugin won't work for this, as it doesn't currently expose voice data.

Quote Originally Posted by Saelyth View Post
    Will ts5 use Qt as well? And in that case, will it have native python support? Right now Qt for Python is one of the most popullar topics about Qt and there are popular ts3 bots written on python as well. It could be really nice being able to do more stuff in TS5 from python (specially for AI and SpeechRecognition + Text To Speech for fully voice bots like Siri, Cortana, etc. Which is the future).

That could be something really nice because Discord lacks of those features and our community could pretty much create something that cool. (I am intending to do it since I've been working on ASR and TTS for years, but can only on Python as I lack of the proper knowledge on other languages).
    No. Version 5 is a complete rewrite of the TeamSpeak Client and we're not using the Qt framework anymore. We'll provide a new plugin API and customization options some time after we've launched the beta.

Is it true that TeamSpeak can be integrated into modern games to provide in-game VoIP?

Which lamguage are you using for ts5? Still c++ or did you switch to something like c#?

Is TeamSpeak 5 still going to use Overwolf still? kinda hate overwolf wish they do away with it and have their own overlay without the need of overwolf.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpY View Post
    Is it true that TeamSpeak can be integrated into modern games to provide in-game VoIP?
    I believe so. Likely will need to pay some licensing, but fairly sure this is one of the things it can do. Maybe from one of the downloads from the SDK area.

No. Version 5 is a complete rewrite of the TeamSpeak Client and we're not using the Qt framework anymore. We'll provide a new plugin API and customization options some time after we've launched the beta.
    Hi ScP,

will there be a REST API (Server Side) with the new client?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpY View Post
    Yes. You can either use our SDK to integrate our core voice tech into your game (requires the use of a custom SDK server) or integrate the regular TeamSpeak Client using addons.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDariusAD View Post
    Which lamguage are you using for ts5? Still c++ or did you switch to something like c#?
    TeamSpeak 5 uses a combination of C++ and Vue.js (TypeScript) for the UI layer.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    Is TeamSpeak 5 still going to use Overwolf still? kinda hate overwolf wish they do away with it and have their own overlay without the need of overwolf.
    No. TS5 will continue to support Overwolf through our new addon API, but it will not be integrated or shipped with the client.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefire56 View Post
    will there be a REST API (Server Side) with the new client?
    I dont fully understand the question tbh... are we talking about the server or the client? Anyway... TS5 will provide several new options for addon developers.
    Last edited by ScP; May 16th, 2019 at 02:48 PM.

Thread Information