Forum

Page 64 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: TS5 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LKNickname View Post
    I have been saying it for months now...

Every community that does make the switch to Discord now is a community that is most likely lost.
    I don't want my community to switch to Discord but I can not defend Teamspeak forever while more and more people demand to change to discord.

The Beta got announced more than 6 months ago, the deadline was missed 2 months ago, than there was the puzzle, now this "closed" BETA which will not start until in 2 weeks...

I really have to compliment the marketing department for screwing with the com big time - gg

After you missed the deadline you should've been honest about whats going on.
    Weekly updates, maybe even a devlog or just communication with your community.

Instead we got played again and again...it's no surprise that even people that defended Teamspeak are changing their minds.
    For the love of god: There is still time to turn this around.

But right now the future of ts is looking dark (at least if you continue like that)...
    I agree, my community has already moved to this poor Discord. And I could not stop it.

Thank you @Operativ for writing an E-Mail and sharing the result with us.

Also thank you @TimSpeak / TeamSpeak Team. That was the first official post, that actually contained useful and on the point Information!

Keep the Information policy up this way and we will be satisfied.

Can you give us a date when the beta will start?

Before March 15th?
    On March 15th?

Or do the Winners of the Giveaway need to wait even longer, because the website only states „the competition ends on march 15th“ and not „the beta starts...“ or „will recieve their keys on...“

Quote Originally Posted by boehseronkel View Post
    Thank you @Operativ for writing an E-Mail and sharing the result with us.

Also thank you @TimSpeak / TeamSpeak Team. That was the first official post, that actually contained useful and on the point Information!

Keep the Information policy up this way and we will be satisfied.

Before March 15th?
    On March 15th?

Or do the Winners of the Giveaway need to wait even longer, because the website only states „the competition ends on march 15th“ and not „the beta starts...“ or „will recieve their keys on...“
    I think they actually plan to include up to the 300 (100x3) winning beta keys on the 15th March, because what we already know that there's a closed alpha test running, and this one might be called a closed beta test stage at this point. So by this logic, the client already exists and can be operated by an end-user.

Let's hope the TeamSpeak Team keeps up with that, and hopefully includes the early myTeamSpeak adopters into the next stage of the programme shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Shystriknsk View Post
    I agree, my community has already moved to this poor Discord. And I could not stop it.
    My community is still pretty, i don't see any changes in user numbers. Every day i have around 300 users online and in weekend 400+. Who leave ur server is cuz he want an "OWN" server. This is the most common thing why people stay on DC.

Before March 15th?
    On March 15th?

Guess you will need to wait to find out. Very unlikely we will get an answer here.

But hey, proof me wrong @TimSpeak ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Before March 15th?
    On March 15th?
    It says on the website that the competition ends on 15th March, so after March 15th they will select some accounts for invite only beta (that's in addition to their batches of invites sending out). As for public beta it will take them a few more months. I expect late spring or early summer.

Quote Originally Posted by cigiszunet View Post
    My community is still pretty, i don't see any changes in user numbers. Every day i have around 300 users online and in weekend 400+. Who leave ur server is cuz he want an "OWN" server. This is the most common thing why people stay on DC.
    Well, they motivate that the discord has more functions and it is better than TS. And that TS has outlived its own. All the same, maybe when TS5 comes out the community will return to TS.

Teamspeak will remain a long time alive ?

With Discord (with free and easy servers), etc..

I hope yes

Discord has chat rooms and is free to use. That does not make it better.

It has limited functionality/permissions for large gaming communities. Voice quality is inferior, there is no encryption and it hinders PC performance by default settings.

With the improved UI by TS5 there will be no question which is better. Regardless of how the team is bringing it to us, it IS coming. Don't get so hung up on their business practices and what you think you deserve as a customer. Be thankful that where is a company willing to create such a product for our gaming needs.

I too may not like or approve of everything they do but I appreciate their products and will continue to support them in any way that I can.

Teamspeak Server 3.7.0 Beta is now out, it adds features for the upcoming TS5 beta, I think you will need a server version of 3.7.0 of higher for TS5.

https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...ver-3-7-0-Beta

what i don't get is how do they do that with the Server. You get 3 keys does that give you the client and the server?

Quote Originally Posted by mazeman View Post
    what i don't get is how do they do that with the Server. You get 3 keys does that give you the client and the server?
    There is no Server. You get 3 Keys, from the 3 Keys 1 is for you and 2 for Friends.
    TeamSpeak 5 is just Client not Server.

But i think TS5 needs an server with version 3.7+ which is avaiable here:

Quote Originally Posted by DerRene View Post
    But i think TS5 needs an server with version 3.7+ which is avaiable here:
    It was said many times. TS3 client and TS5 client are using the same server. And a 32 slot server was always free so thats that. You can even send offline messages in TS3 right now, discovered that a few months ago. The keys are just for the TS5 client nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by BIOS-TSI View Post
    nope no ip checks or platform checks etc....

Technically you have no idea what is going on in the back-end.

OT: what most people are disappointed by is the lack of transparency. If the TeamSpeak team had clearly stated that development became delayed and been clear with us from the start instead of releasing bullshit teasers I think the community would have responded better.

Thread Information