Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 83 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1760

Thread: TS5 discussion

I don't get this. They said that all of those who entered the beta through the early webpage form will be included and get an e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by D0mm4S View Post
    So you donīt think itīs good to hear something official from TeamSpeak finally? Even though itīs just a badge code for the giveaway winners, itīs still more than we have heard for the past months and I donīt think theyīll need another 2 months to give those people and the beta signups access. I know itīs only a very small portion of info, but hey, at least they maybe start communicating again now?

There's nothing of substance in this email, we need clear & detailed information. Some of us are paying clients, with no information on their upcoming product.

Quote Originally Posted by gujuk2 View Post
    I don't get this. They said that all of those who entered the beta through the early webpage form will be included and get an e-mail.
    Correct, Iīm still waiting too but since they only gave the winners the badge code in the mail, maybe theyīll send us the mails with the beta access when they send them too the winners too?

This is really getting exhausting for us who run communities to be constantly doing damage control for TeamSpeak. We're running out of credibility with our users when we have to repeatedly say "they haven't told us when yet, please be patient" so long after the Q4 mark. Now even the tiny number of contest winners don't even know the timeframe they are dealing with.

Please get whoever is making these decisions here on the forum to address this.

Please.

...no comment o.O

it's just crazy -.-

btw... I didn't won either

Name:  eEfhf9U.png
Views: 893
Size:  19.0 KB
    Is this real?

whoever got a key i am willing to buy it for 50$ btc or paypal

Quote Originally Posted by maggy View Post
    Please get whoever is making these decisions here on the forum to address this.
    "Whoever is making these decisions" decided to hide behind their marketing mascot account "TimSpeak" on here and that should give you a basic idea of what you can and can't expect in terms of transparency.

I just registered to throw in my 5 cents:

I'm now reading this thread since it got created and TS5 "came closer". I recently found out that I mixed up my emails and did not enter the email that is linked with my 'myteamspeak' account into the beta-pre-registration form - as this seems to be necessary. As I also did not win one of the 100 tickets for the first beta stage I'm now a neutral observer still obeying this thread.

Honestly, I can't believe the bad communication at all. Instead of using the forum as you should, making it the first place to gather official information you're simply ignoring it. Surely you are giving tech-support and what not, but there isn't any a person from the marketing team posting here. The only place you're communicating with us is via the social media platforms.

What's so hard about creating a post "We send out the tickets" with some information about how you made sure that people who won are long-time supporters and give some extra information.
    What's so hard about creating a post stating why the development needs some extra time? I bet all of us would understand the reasons for you to delay publishing the software.

But the point that confused me the most is that the marketing team was able to give out some of these information via text-chat on social media (if the posted screenshots are not fake). Sorry, but I as a (now) forum user (or atleast reader) feel deceived. That's definitely not how you should communicate with your customers nor your community.

My suggestion is to make a person from the marketing team register in this forum and post a roadmap with vague ETAs. Because sending out mails stating "soon the beta will start" and "over the next few months of development" you'll definitely not calm down this community. As I noticed the term "soon" is the worst you could use right now. (Remember the soon to be published micro site?)
    We all are curious about the new features and are willing to report bugs, problems and give feedback what we like and what not.

Congrats! Did you only sign up for the giveaway or did you sign up for the beta on their homepage ages ago too? Just wondering.
    I already signed up around Gamescom 2018 on the ts-homepage.

Quote Originally Posted by deathdragonaw View Post
    and now you sell me one of your invites for 50 bux

Quote Originally Posted by deathdragonaw View Post
    I did that too, when the registration page went online. But you also only got something through the giveaway :/ FeelsBadMan Itīs really interesting to see that even people like @maggy who joined the forum in 2003 and therefore are basically lifetime TS supporters and users didnīt get any info either.

We are all still waiting. I've just installed server 3.7.0 and my bots connect without issues but I'd like to test how they work on ts5 since I guess the colors codes won't work:
    Code:
    [ color=green]something[ /color]
    with the new UI. Or will it? Anyway TESTS! tests are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by SoRGPidy View Post
    I just registered to throw in my 5 cents:

I'm now reading this thread since it got created and TS5 "came closer". I recently found out that I mixed up my emails and did not enter the email that is linked with my 'myteamspeak' account into the beta-pre-registration form - as this seems to be necessary. As I also did not win one of the 100 tickets for the first beta stage I'm now a neutral observer still obeying this thread.

Honestly, I can't believe the bad communication at all. Instead of using the forum as you should, making it the first place to gather official information you're simply ignoring it. Surely you are giving tech-support and what not, but there isn't any a person from the marketing team posting here. The only place you're communicating with us is via the social media platforms.

What's so hard about creating a post "We send out the tickets" with some information about how you made sure that people who won are long-time supporters and give some extra information.
    What's so hard about creating a post stating why the development needs some extra time? I bet all of us would understand the reasons for you to delay publishing the software.

But the point that confused me the most is that the marketing team was able to give out some of these information via text-chat on social media (if the posted screenshots are not fake). Sorry, but I as a (now) forum user (or atleast reader) feel deceived. That's definitely not how you should communicate with your customers nor your community.

My suggestion is to make a person from the marketing team register in this forum and post a roadmap with vague ETAs. Because sending out mails stating "soon the beta will start" and "over the next few months of development" you'll definitely not calm down this community. As I noticed the term "soon" is the worst you could use right now. (Remember the soon to be published micro site?)
    We all are curious about the new features and are willing to report bugs, problems and give feedback what we like and what not.
    You're not a software developer. You don't realize how MASSIVE of a mistake laying out a roadmap is. Things rapidly change in software dev, deadlines are rarely met, and telling your community you'll have something ready for them by xxxxx date is essentially inviting hundreds of angry keyboard warriors to attack you when that date comes and goes.

They're handling this very well. They're telling you what they're working on and building up anticipation. They've already messed up before by posting a loose deadline of Q4. You better bet they're not going to make that mistake twice and will keep all details as loose and unofficial as possible until release.

Also, clearly you're not an advertiser either. They're posting announcements to build hype for an upcoming release, they aren't trying to engage the community in Q&A's and waste their dev time. You say they should be posting major announcements on the forums. Why? They have much larger engagement on platforms like Twitter, they reach far more people when they post there. For every 1 person that reads a forum post there are easily 25-50 who are reading their twitter posts.

I did that too, when the registration page went online. But you also only got something through the giveaway :/ FeelsBadMan Itīs really interesting to see that even people like @maggy who joined the forum in 2003 and therefore are basically lifetime TS supporters and users didnīt get any info either.
    You guys like D0mm4S may feel entitled to information, like Teamspeak owe you something. Guess what, they don't.

You signed up for a competition to receive a prize, and you didn't win. Get. Over. It.

Also, are you implying that TS should have rigged their competition to reward longer standing members? Get a grip. They're going through this entire process perfectly fine and will deliver information when they are ready to. They don't owe you or anyone else a damn thing right now, and will likely communicate with competition winners in private when they are ready to proceed.

Until then, get over not winning, it's not the end of the world. I've used Teamspeak daily since the day TS2 came out, and sure it sucks not winning and getting to try TS5 sooner than I'd normally get to, but THIS IS A BETA TEST. THIS IS FOR TEAMSPEAK, NOT FOR US. YOU WILL GET YOUR FINISHED PRODUCT IN TIME.

Until then, take a massive chill pill.

Quote Originally Posted by MASYNO View Post
    Teamspeak 5 has meanwhile become a project like the German Berlin Airport
    Even they can communicate better

Thread Information