Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 76 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1760

Thread: TS5 discussion

Maybe the keys are already sent and we are all in this forum got no key

Quote Originally Posted by Hanashi View Post
    Maybe the keys are already sent and we are all in this forum got no key
    I can not think of anything better

I don't think so. TeamSpeak would have given us the information about this. Even if not, there would be any screenshot of the TS5 Client or the mail. They would not do something without posting something on social media. Let's just wait. I wrote them a mail and I hope to get some more information about it since TeamSpeak is one of our official sponsors . Just keep waiting guys, I'm sure it'll be worth it

Teamspeak. Lack of communication, bad marketing and stagnation of development are ways to get out of touch with your customers and not a way to stay in the loop or even turn the tides.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-03-20_09h51_50.png 
Views:	765 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	17663

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_ben_dover View Post
    hi men, don't you understand the egt?

teamspeak is so well protected that they simply cannot get the ts5 client to work on the ts3 server

so we are now on 3.7.0 next is 3.8.0 and then 3.9.0 and then 4.0.0 etc. until we arrive at 5.0.1 then the beta is released and come. there also new licenses wwand it is then a "ts5 server"
    No, there would never be a Ver. 4.

Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    Teamspeak. Lack of communication, bad marketing and stagnation of development are ways to get out of touch with your customers and not a way to stay in the loop or even turn the tides.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-03-20_09h51_50.png 
Views:	765 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	17663
    That is a very apples to oranges. Lots of groups that get users to Discord use 0 voice channels, just chat channels, some just for pinned messages, like how every Waze group on Discord uses it that I'm in (SAT, MAR, PLN, US, Global).

Charts never tell the whole truth. But as you can see : The interest of people regarding teamspeak is slowly diminishing since around 2015.
    You mentioned that there are many DISCORD channels without voice or even use Discord and TS simultaneously.
    This does not lead away from the fact that the big D is teamspeaks competitor in terms of voice communication nor does it lead away from the fact that TS development needs to step up their game.
    Why is there a need for a second software like Discord?
    Teamspeak could have developed solutions for it 4 years ago.
    But they refused to do so.
    They are out of touch with their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    That is a very apples to oranges. Lots of groups that get users to Discord use 0 voice channels, just chat channels, some just for pinned messages, like how every Waze group on Discord uses it that I'm in (SAT, MAR, PLN, US, Global).
    Yep, this is exactly like I use Discord as well (and for evening gaming with friends in voice) its just so much better to get a notification on your phone when your friends drop a message to ask if you want to play in the evening or why the gameserver is down etc.

Dunno if TeamSpeak will hold his standpoint of being a voice com platform only. But I don't know if that is the way to go. I mean why not take the best of both worlds just like Discord did. You don't always want to talk to someone just to get some information across. Especially when its general info or FAQ stuff. Discord can simply replace a Forum + TS3 server on its own. And completely for free and in 30 sec setup time. That's one of the big advantages IMO. Of course there are downsides (data protection + self hosting are the biggest I guess) but those cons are for most younger people kinda unimportant. So dunno if TeamSpeak will utilize those cons and try to get back on track. Currently I have little or no hope when I see how they react to the community (or lack of it).

TeamSpeak (in its current state) is more like the ugly, but robust, business application that you are stuck with in your office, if you compare it to Discord.

Maybe TS5 will change that and bring them back on pair or at least not that far behind anymore.
    But if the Beta won't come out we will never know ┐(︶▽︶)┌

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Discord can simply replace a Forum
    I'd like to disagree.
    From my point of view Discord is and never will be able to replace a fully fledged forum with badges for activity, polls and so on.

Discord however can be very good at eliminating the need for additional communication. So if you don't need a fully fledged forum Discord can be a good alternative but if you need one Discord won't be sufficient because it's lacking features.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Dunno if TeamSpeak will hold his standpoint of being a voice com platform only. But I don't know if that is the way to go.
    Judging from the screenshots they most likely won't continue to be "voice only" and that's probably for the best. The age of "voice only" is pretty much over and users expect at least a persistent chat in addition to voice features nowadays.

As I mentioned earlier: "it seems like they have a solid package" but we will not know for sure until we can test the Beta ourselves.

We (and they) can be sure of one thing though: If they continue their philosophy of "let's just not communicate at all for a few weeks" they will lose users (and therefore customers) in the long-term because communication is key.

Quote Originally Posted by LKNickname View Post
    I'd like to disagree.
    From my point of view Discord is and never will be able to replace a fully fledged forum with badges for activity, polls and so on.
    Agreed. If you really need special stuff and have a HUGE community (500+) then yes. A forum is better.
    But even for bigger community the Discord is a good first entry point for fast support/question/FAQ stuff. For example, last year I found a new Minecraft modpack and had a few questions to a problem I had with it. Luckily they provided a Discord link on the modpack website. So I just needed to join the Discord, ask my question and then I leaved the server again a few hours later.
    If they only had a forum I would have needed to open an account and provide much more personal information to them (email address, IP) then by just dropping in on their Discord and asking a few question and get nearly instant feedback (instead of opening a thread and spamming F5)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75awb.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	17664

Thread closed

So I updated my server to 3.7.0 yesterday after the version got released because someone provided a screenshot of TS saying that we'd get more information later yesterday. What happened? Nothing. I wonder if TS meant the release of the 3.7.0 stable since it's needed for TS5 to work.. if so, I can't believe what they're saying much longer... I've been waiting for months now and the only thing TS does is to tease us with some stupid puzzle on Twitter/Insta where you can imagine the end result after 2 pics... I really hope we get those mails till the end of this week.

Quote Originally Posted by D0mm4S View Post
    I wonder if TS meant the release of the 3.7.0 stable since it's needed for TS5 to work.
    That is actually not true and has been debunked by multiple users as well as Teamspeak-Staff itself.
    3.7.0 introduces an experimental feature that the new TS5 client can use but it is not mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by LKNickname View Post
    That is actually not true and has been debunked by multiple users as well as Teamspeak-Staff itself.
    3.7.0 introduces an experimental feature that the new TS5 client can use but it is not mandatory.
    Right, as itīs written in the changelog by dante. My thought was while writing it, that I ofc want to use the new features so I need the update. But doing an update isnīt really time consuming, takes like 30sec. So letīs forget that

But still I donīt like the fact that they announce something for a specific date and after that date we only get a little bit of info through some users who write them directly. They should just post it in this thread or under latest news.

But still I donīt like the fact that they announce something for a specific date and after that date we only get a little bit of info through some users who write them directly.
    cues "welcome_to_teamspeak.mp3" file

But still I donīt like the fact that they announce something for a specific date and after that date we only get a little bit of info through some users who write them directly. They should just post it in this thread or under latest news.
    I think no one really does.
    My best bet is that they read new posts within the thread but simply don't answer because they feel like "well if we announce something today and fail to deliver things will go down south".
    The problem is by simply not posting anything they just postpone it and what we are seeing right now is the result of months (if not years) of miscommunication with the community.

If they continue doing this even after TS5 is released it will be not long until we see Teamspeak disappear.
    I'll give them 3-4 maybe 5 years (at best) if they continue like this.

Thread Information