Forum

Fake Admin Supporter?

Hi there,

we have a user named HoodedWölfchen on our teamspeak server. He sad that he is a official teamspeak supporter but we can't identify him. He asked for license key and so on.

Can we post his IP adress anywhere to check this?

It's a fake.

In general we don't join any server as employee/supporter without any reason.
    The only reason to do this is that user searched for support. And in that case we could approve via reply in forum/ticket system that we are the person connected.

Please do not report the IP to us. It's nothing we need because we are not the law
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Haha thats funny, we had the same problem!

https://imgur.com/a/ogbSslb

Dont worry, it's just a stupid kid wich is trying to scare newbies/inexperienced peoples.
    He also asked me for a license key or something like that, idk.

This guy also had 1000 of fake badges to make it real, but it was the worst try to gain some "loot".

I've had this happen our my own teamspeak server. Always wonder how people get the info to random servers with max ~30 people using it.

Quote Originally Posted by SimmonsT12 View Post
    I've had this happen our my own teamspeak server. Always wonder how people get the info to random servers with max ~30 people using it.
    Can happen when your server is reported to web list (default enabled in server settings).
    Often during testing people join minutes after i started my test servers with a fresh database
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Fake "TeamSpeak Assistant"

Hi,

I just created a TeamSpeak 3 server and a person has entered saying that he is a TeamSpeak Assistant. He speaks Spanish and said things like he had stolen the computer because the ip was from another server, which is a lie and also threatened me. I thought that my name on that TS3 server was strange even though it's only my name in the community for which that ts3 is made. Close the server and the ports and restart the router for security. He´s called TeamSpeakUser.
    On the server was also a friend who heard everything.
    Last edited by dante696; August 17th, 2018 at 08:39 AM. Reason: merged

That is fake. Staff doesn't connect to servers to claim random stuff.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Unknown User joined Server

Hi there,

just a quick question:
    We just a had really strange encounter.
    A user joined our, password protected, server and told us that he is a employee of teamspeak. He had a Teamspeak Logo as Icon.
    He demanded that we license our server, as it is running in the default 32 unregistered mode, although the server info says "No License". He was adamant that there is no free license and this would have consequences, if this is not changed.

Was this a legitimate employee?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by dante696; March 3rd, 2019 at 09:06 PM. Reason: merged

Okay, so as I thought.
    The remaining question is now how he could connect to the server without the password.
    Either Teamspeak has a security hole, my server got hacked or what do I know...

I have now changed all passwords and will reinstall with new passwords.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Thread Information