Forum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    That topic isn't new for us and there is no easy fix.

It requires a new system in server and a new web list itself (and possibly changes in client).
    There is a chance that this may come with TS5.

We have this somewhere on our list but it has no priority for current development (even when you push this thread over and over).

I personally would suggest to turn the list off completely till there is a new system available (don't worry it's just an opinion and don't think turning it off will happen)
    I get that this has not the highest priority, but hopefully you understand how fateful this is for you ...

Teamspeak Client is useless without a Teamspeak Server, so new Users will search for these servers. As a user looking for a nice public server you basically get 70 % fake servers which do not work, have some bad names or harmful links or ip-logger crap on it. That is disgusting.

As a new teamspeak user looking at this i would wonder what the heck i just downloaded and uninstall teamspeak immediately.
    Just imagine searching on google and 70 % of the results are fake, insults and other scam crap. You would never use it again.
    Removing the server list would be better than showing these servers to unexperienced users.

Look at this fakt: Within the Teamspeak 3 Client you theoretically only need 2 mouse clicks (1 on "connections" and one on "server list" to get to some nazi content on your screen. Inside of your OWN server list. Sorry, but this again disgusting and fcked up.

What prevents people from doing this? Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by D0mm4S View Post
    How do you even get to see these servers? O.o
    I went and checked the server list with no filters (for real no filter is turned on) and when I sort them by clients I only see real servers?!
    Maybe my client is more intelligent or idk but I and none of my friends can see these servers Maybe you all are getting trolled by a plugin or something
    The server list always displays 100 servers at random. You have to filter for clients or slots (e.g. 50 + clients). Not sure if you are joking but this his has nothing to do with plugins or intelligence.

Look at this fakt: Within the Teamspeak 3 Client you theoretically only need 2 mouse clicks (1 on "connections" and one on "server list" to get to some nazi content on your screen. Inside of your OWN server list. Sorry, but this again disgusting and fcked up.
    Nazi content? 70% is fully spammed? can't confirm this crap. the only thing you may see are 3-4 "fake" servers and that's it, i don't know why there's such a big effort for this topic.

and I don't really think that peoples are going to uninstall teamspeak for such a reason like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MCG View Post
    Nazi content? 70% is fully spammed? can't confirm this crap. the only thing you may see are 3-4 "fake" servers and that's it, i don't know why there's such a big effort for this topic.

and I don't really think that peoples are going to uninstall teamspeak for such a reason like that.
    The "servers" are the spam.

Never saw any nazi or inappropriate contents

It was an example. But it doesn't matter.

Braindead people will still spam the list.

So you are still not able to reproduce this? Let me Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V this from my last post:

"The server list always displays 100 servers at random. You have to filter for clients or slots (e.g. 50 + clients). [...]"
    (not too exceptional and unfortunately the best way to search for large public servers)

I'm not sure, whether you read any of the posts here (e.g. https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...193#post471193).

The screenshot shows 31 results, 21 were fake servers, that still exist by the way.
    21/31*100 = 67,74 %
    Sorry for lying about the 2,26 percent there.

You didn't see any nazi content yet? I did, especially right on the servers. On the server name I've never seen anything, but:
    1. Should that be an argument to change nothing?
    2. There are other offensive terms right on the list.
    3. What stops them from renaming their server?

Let's conclude: as an absolutely new user, you need 2 or max. 3 clicks to potentially get to offensive content or nazi servers.
    Great.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that teamspeak offers a way to access listed servers. But this unacceptable. We need teamspeak to monitor the list (prob. not possible), an eye-catching notification/warning for users so that they are aware of the fact that there could be such spam servers or we need a primary server list for verified public teamspeak servers and a second one with all the others. That's my suggestion.
    Last edited by Riven; November 18th, 2019 at 04:18 PM.

you're just putting too much effort for quite nothing. Also these results were found a long time ago, just go ahead and check the serverlists now adays and you'll see there's no nazi/bullshit content - but sure! there are some peoples who're still spaming it with 4/5 servers but they won't stay much longer on that serverlist.

weblist.teamspeak.com (serverlist) will re-load the database every month so these servers won't be able to get into the list anymore so far, there are still some ways to do it but it's not cheap... also mostly, they give up.

but to be honest; there are no big/known communities which are using that serverlist anymore, the only thing you may see are some home-hosted servers by default.

Sorry but there's no point to change something on the weblist... also, the weblist is (clinical) dead but some peoples are keeping it up for some reasons.

You didn't see any nazi content yet? I did, especially right on the servers. On the server name I've never seen anything, but:
    1. Should that be an argument to change nothing?
    2. There are other offensive terms right on the list.
    3. What stops them from renaming their server?
    Don't really know where the hell you've just connected. The serverlist will die anyway, that's the final point... also, there's no weblist in the brand new TS5 client and I guess they'll just drop it.

weblist.teamspeak.com (serverlist) will re-load the database every month so these servers won't be able to get into the list anymore so far, there are still some ways to do it but it's not cheap... also mostly, they give up.
    That's not how that works.

but to be honest; there are no big/known communities which are using that serverlist anymore, the only thing you may see are some home-hosted servers by default.
    That is wrong as well.

That's not how that works.
    well it does, i already had some experiences over there... it lays to ip2location after all.

That is wrong as well.
    "all" (global) filter won't show any big networks - because they're not in anymore...

@MCG not sure why you why you put in the effort to down play a real issue users are having. I can't tell if you don't want this issue addressed because you are an active abuser of it, or you just really don't know how to work the server list well enough to see the problem, or you just don't see spammed offensive server list names as a problem.

No region filter, min clients 50 max clients 9999999. I sort results by city and the top 5 are the same server. CTRL+Double Click thought the top 20 and see how many times you see yourself on the same server or get max connections error. Sort by clients and you get multiple inappropriate results right at the top. A quick look though the results put about 4 unique servers with more than one entry (3,4,5,5) in the top 20 or so. Most have a port in the 9999-10003 range.

Its been a real problem for a while. I'm honestly surprised I've not heard of one of these servers having a bunch of bots that ban any connection not from their own IP. Then a new user connecting to almost server in the top ten area would get a message that they were banned when attempting to connect to a server that, as far as they they know, they've never been on.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    @MCG not sure why you why you put in the effort to down play a real issue users are having. I can't tell if you don't want this issue addressed because you are an active abuser of it, or you just really don't know how to work the server list well enough to see the problem, or you just don't see spammed offensive server list names as a problem.
    I suspect your first point.

Thread Information