Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Agree with you

Angry

@dante696

Can we get an offical statement on this?

It cant be that hard to fix.

Here is my idea:
    Combind the licence-server and weblist. Check whatever licence and slots a IP has and check what they announce to the weblist. If it doesnt match (like 128 Slots licence but 60.000 clients) dont accept the entry.

The current situation is really getting out of hand.

How do you even get to see these servers? O.o
    I went and checked the server list with no filters (for real no filter is turned on) and when I sort them by clients I only see real servers?!
    Maybe my client is more intelligent or idk but I and none of my friends can see these servers Maybe you all are getting trolled by a plugin or something

I also cannot see the fake servers. I only see the normal ones

Quote Originally Posted by D0mm4S View Post
    I went and checked the server list with no filters (for real no filter is turned on) and when I sort them by clients I only see real servers?!
    It seems like either Teamspeak did something aggainst this one server in particular (its not serverS, it was ALL one fake server on all screenshots) or they removed it by themeselve.

Lets see what will happen next..

Edit: still there, remove the country then you will find them (top 7 all fake) :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wtfts4.PNG 
Views:	55 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	18239

I checked when this thread was started and everytime someone posted a new screenshot here and I never saw them. And yes, my filter was completely not used (like your screenshot except that I show full servers) but I still never saw them...Idk why you seem to see them and some people like me donīt.

Uh no it's real

>:-(

PLEASE
    STOP
    IT.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by GER_MoDz View Post

PLEASE
    STOP
    IT.
    They can't just fix that in one day, you made your post and that is totally fine, BUT... now being mad at them won't change anything.
    Currently, there are 15 Developers at TeamSpeak, which some of work on TeamSpeak 5 and the other Devs on other things such as TS3?
    I'm sure that the Employees also have Families and Vacation so not all of the 15 Devs are in the office every day.

They know that the Server List is not good and needs improvement, trust me.
    But I guess that some things have higher priorities right now.

no hate

Server list abused - instead of giving us a stement your cloose the thread

Why was the thread closed? The situation is not resolved and its known since atleast 1 1/2 years... cmon teamspeak.. Stop ignoring us! Atleast give us a feedback if you will do something about it at all.

Name:	Screenshot_20190820_133758.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	18244

https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...y-fake-servers

Edit by mod
    Other thread was closed and this closed the one that got merged into.
    Last edited by dante696; August 20th, 2019 at 01:08 PM.

That topic isn't new for us and there is no easy fix.

It requires a new system in server and a new web list itself (and possibly changes in client).
    There is a chance that this may come with TS5.

We have this somewhere on our list but it has no priority for current development (even when you push this thread over and over).

I personally would suggest to turn the list off completely till there is a new system available (don't worry it's just an opinion and don't think turning it off will happen)
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thanks for the statement! We, or I, pushed the thread because we didnt get any reply, i think this is a quite understandable situation that we push aggain and aggain until we get one. Dont you think?

I see, i thought it would not be to easy but would it at least be possible, until the core problem is fixed, to blacklist such spaming ips? Its quite anoying for many server maintainers. Even tho this might not be the best solutions, at least it is a solutions at all and will work now without many changes.

Im quite sure that its possible to work something out with nftables to atleast improve the current situation.
    You could ratelimit per IP or Network while whitelisting (/increasing the rate limit) of ATHP IPs.

Easy fix would be to connect to the server and check if the name matches the reported name from the list. Because in this case it doesn't.

well that's the point of quite everything.

Name:	9jWEna9.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	3.3 KB 
ID:	18257

As suggestion - there is myteamspeak, why did it get implemented? Well... think what you want. Sync option is nice for some and for some others maybe isn't who knows.
    That problem could be solved over myteamspeak OR a 2nd version of myteamspeak like adminsteamspeak with the ability to send admin side tickes or whatever and download the license. There would be the option to get the data over a... lets take ssl now as option... connection like maybe once a day and check for things happening. that would make a list much easier and get the correct information in the list for that moment while a read of the current clients could happen every few minutes. however, just a quick thought.
    cheers

Thread Information