Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

other language on one Server

Hello,
    i wish an option to translalate one server in other languages. Like German users see all channels in german, english in english...

Quote Originally Posted by preterive View Post
    Hello,
    i wish an option to translalate one server in other languages. Like German users see all channels in german, english in english...
    That sound usefull

People will probably assume that whichever language shows up in channel names is also the language spoken in those channels. And then everybody in those channels will be confused when they hear a different language being spoken.

Also, it will be a lot of work to translate all channel descriptions into different languages and keeping them up-to-date.

What happens when a specific translation is not available. Which one should be displayed then? You need to have a channel name, right?

What about default channels in bookmarks? Those are plain text fields.

What about join links that include channel names?

What about name conflicts across languages?

This suggestion really brings a lot of things to be aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    People will probably assume that whichever language shows up in channel names is also the language spoken in those channels. And then everybody in those channels will be confused when they hear a different language being spoken.
    I agree with that.

Thread Information